It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20yr old wins the Daytona 500

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

20yr old wins the Daytona 500

jayski.com

Trevor Bayne wins the Daytona 500: in what has to be one of the biggest upsets in NASCAR history, 20-year old #21-Trevor Bayne won the 2011 Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway on the 2nd green-white-checkered finish. It is Bayne's 1st career NASCAR Sprint Cup win in only his 2nd start [ties a record with Jamie McMurray]. The famed Wood Brothers Racing team won their 5th Daytona 500, 15th overall at Daytona and 98th Sprint Cup race. It is the Wood Brothers first win since Elliott Sadler won for them at Bristol in March of 2001. Bayne is the youngest winner ever of the Daytona 500 at
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It is GREAT to see the Woods Brothers back in Victory Lane at Daytona. To do it with a 20 year old in only his 2nd start in a Cup race and his 1st Daytona start is equally GREAT. Congratulations to Trevor Bayne and the Woods Brothers. I would love to see them go to a full time schedule with Bayne behind the wheel. Add to this; the car he raced was one of Richard Petty’s Race Cars!
Baynes's is the youngest driver to ever win the Daytona 500.

jayski.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

WOW this is really really cool) I guess he didn't know he won until after he crossed the finish line and they told him on his radio. Im wondering if they didn't tell him he was in the lead so as not to jinx him lol)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Unbelievable race!

So good to see the Wood Brothers back in victory circle at Daytona.

And Bayne.. wow. He doesn't even have a full-time ride for the season yet.
edit on 20-2-2011 by BoltonWanderer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BoltonWanderer

Just listening on ESPN I think he's got a full-ride now. Kind of a bummer he didn't get no points, but he's the one holding the big check for $1.5 Mil, not me.

Good to see the blue oval in the circle, too many bow-ties last season.

Good race.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, Richard Petty is leading the Car Owner Points Standing after Daytona because he owned the car Baynes drove! Good race but I don't like the 2 car push/pull thing at superspeedways.
here is Baynes wed site:
www.trevorbayne.com...

new topics

top topics

join