It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top US military officer 'stunned' by Arab revolts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Top US military officer 'stunned' by Arab revolts

www.rawstory.com

RIYADH (AFP) – Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Sunday he was "stunned" by the spread of Arab protests as he arrived in Saudi Arabia on a Gulf tour to boost Washington's ties with regional allies.

Mullen's visit comes as an unprecedented wave of revolts challenges Arab authoritarian regimes, notably in Bahrain and Yemen, after uprisings toppled rulers in Tunisia and Egypt.

"It's stunning to me that it's moved so quickly," America's highest-ranking military of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Shocked?

yea right!

Obama knew for the past year that these uprisings were possibly going to happen. Well maybe not as quick as they are happening right now, but I personally think this US official is over exaggerating.

"I think the dominant issue of the day is going to be stability in the Middle East."

Well when you ignored the signs for the past year, I guess this is an exaggeration too.

I am really starting to think that the ME instability was allowed to happen.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/20/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well Mr Mullen you should because sooner or later people will be on the streets hungry IN AMERICAN SOIL

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That's BS.
Bahrain is the home of the 5th Fleet of the Navy. They are where the Navy/Marines port in/out of for the ME. There is no way an Admiral in the Navy was not briefed about this.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
WOW, if he is "Stunned" by this
he is in for quite a rude awakening.
Grab on to your ass Admiral, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is the America pays having a woman Secretary of State...Hillary Clinton.
Name one ME dictator who puts up with a lecture from a woman?
Not even our dictators...including Bill!
Hence, Mike Mullen's trip.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yea, My BSometer was going off the scale!

How can a top military official be 'SHOCKED' about any of this?

You would think that they saw this coming.

Playing the dumb card it seems.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Any student of history who knows a thing or two about revolutionary waves would not be surprised at all.

All one has to do is look back to 1989 to see parallels. Its moving faster than 89-91 though due to the internet, cellphones, and social networks.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Any student of history who knows a thing or two about revolutionary waves would not be surprised at all.

All one has to do is look back to 1989 to see parallels. Its moving faster than 89-91 though due to the internet, cellphones, and social networks.

parallels or not, social media should of been taken into consideration. these are military officials. they dont live in caves... although this one might have from the looks of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It might have been considered and he might be playing dumb.

Though some recent remarks in regards to social networks from one of my political science professors has me wondering.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm not buying that he is "stunned". Obama has known about this for some time through many of his political connections. People have known this was coming since 2008. Hell the CIA knew it was coming as early as the last days of the Bush administration.

What a load. Misdirection is what I see here.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well Admiral, if your stunned by this development, grab a seat pan and buckle up. This party is just getting started! LOL

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 20-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

You've had female secretaries of state before - further - so have many other nations (the equivalent) which have extensive dealings with the middle east. Madeline Albright is considered one of the most respected ever (although I can't stand her, or Hillary - but that has nothing to do with their gender - which apparently has plenty to do with your agenda).

But you stick to misogynistic rant - nothing like doing the time warp.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
White, black, fat, thin, bald, girl or boy. It doesn't matter.
It's a shame anyway you look at it.
Maybe the briefings fell on deaf ears.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So, do you guys think Saudi Arabia is immune to these revolutions? Just wondering.
I can't even imagine.........the bloodshed. They wouldn't stand a dog's chance.

Or would they?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thing is, there's hundreds in the Royal family.

I do wonder what it's going to look like when the crap hits the fan here in the US within the next couple of years.

You want to talk about some really, REALLY PO'd people . . .

Oh. And unlike those Arab protestors?

Americans are armed.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Thing is, there's hundreds in the Royal family.

I do wonder what it's going to look like when the crap hits the fan here in the US within the next couple of years.

You want to talk about some really, REALLY PO'd people . . .

Oh. And unlike those Arab protestors?

Americans are armed.

It is my sincere hope that Americans do not wait a year to open their eyes to the attrocities committed by their government around the world. America is Babylon and if Americans cannot open their eyes to the horrors of the world and dismantle the government, it will come down another way.

America was a gift to man, a nation where man enjoyed more freedoms than any other place on the planet. Americans gave up their freedoms for security, wealth, and comfort all at the price of vicious oppression of people around the world. Wake up, stand up, and embrace your Brothers and Sisters. The days of nations are coming to an end.

That's my advice.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Well when you ignored the signs for the past year, I guess this is an exaggeration too.

I am really starting to think that the ME instability was allowed to happen.

100% agreed here.

Same men funded Obama...

While Movements.org coordinates their army of youthful cannon fodder in the streets of foreign nations from Bahrain to Libya, their corporate sponsors and their partners in the US State Department put on a convincing act of carefully portrayed confusion in the mainstream media.

MSNBC recently republished a New York Times piece titled "U.S. scrambles to size up ElBaradei," suggesting somehow Egypt's Mohamed ElBaradei may pose an obstacle to American and Israeli interests in the region. The utter contempt for their readers' intelligence is revealed when considering ElBaradei is a trustee of a prominent US think-tank, the International Crisis Group (ICG) along side George Soros, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Richard Armitage, and Kenneth Aldelman.

Zbigniew Brzezinski of course is the father of MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski, who daily feigns ignorance over the true nature of the protests and that her father is openly involved in orchestrating them. MSNBC itself is a corporate sponsor of Movements.org.

www.activistpost.com...

Its the Brzezinski and Soros funded "revolution"

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
So, do you guys think Saudi Arabia is immune to these revolutions? Just wondering.
I can't even imagine.........the bloodshed. They wouldn't stand a dog's chance.

Or would they?

If they manage to take down Gaddafi they can and probably will take down the House of Saud.

What happens in Libya is very important to the future of the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia has nuclear bombs. They financed the Pakistani nuclear bomb program in exchange for a few of their own. They read our Congressional reports saying Diego Garcia was taken and made a military superbase solely to secure Saudi Oil for us.

If Saudi Arabia revolts....watch Israel nuke their military sites to keep the nuclear weapons from hitting them down the road.

The ONLY people in Saudi Arabia that like Americans or Israel are the Royal Family who like our $'s. Everyone else hates us in that country.

We're going to see a nuclear war....errr....massacre.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Pervius because: spellin

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join