It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helsinki's underground master plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

I don't know if this is in the right forum, but I stumbled upon an article in the Huffington Post today about an "undergroud city" in Helsinki. Here's a quote from the article:

The city currently has hundreds of underground facilities and is planning to build more in order to avoid urban sprawl, free up the land, and maintain a nice cityscape.

There's also a video from CNN in wich we can see inside some facilities and underground tunels.

I don't want to over-analyse this whole thing and jump too fast on conclusions. Maybe there's no "conspiracy" there. But at the same time, I feel there's more to this story than what we're told...

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow,..I had no idea about that,..in Europe everything is about efficiency because cost of living is much higher than in USA, but this is really fantastic.I don't see anything more than just European pragmatism.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge

Thanks for finding this and bringing it here. I have to agree with Saint on this one in that I really think that its just the Europeans being sensible and making good use of their resources. The only thing that really bothers me though is all that coal.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
reply to post by Redge

Thanks for finding this and bringing it here. I have to agree with Saint on this one in that I really think that its just the Europeans being sensible and making good use of their resources. The only thing that really bothers me though is all that coal.

True, same thinking here. Building underground cities prooves how technical engeneering can become and that's great. The fact and the problem is coal. How can there seriously be such a thing as low pollution coal system. Maybe I have a lack of knowledge on this part but I just don't see how it can be cleaner.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't know, Maybe it is what they say it is or maybe it isn't.

Building an underground city in that area because of the bedrock = strong foundation
Very large supply of coal

Could be built for an underground type living for whomever they feel needs a place to live in an upcoming disaster.

top topics

join