It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has "love" been stigmatized?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have been having quite the opposite thoughts.

Bear in mind, the 'system' itself is designed by TPTB whoever that may refer to.

You want to know the real secret of the Illuminati? You want their true modus operandi?

Well, I may not have access to that information, but here is my guess: Love is sort of the spiritual side to breaking our will to fight, this supposed 'love for all humanity, love for Earth, etc" and is made to keep us from being competitive, from bettering ourselves.....in short, from becoming competition for those in power.

When a society becomes too big, too powerful, they pit them against each other, effectively chopping the limbs from humanities ability to fight or even truly discover them.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by ellieN

You definitely did put a lot of thought into that. Thank you. You made me think very hard about my own question again. You are right, we do not shed tears everyday for the downtrodden world-wide like we would if they were friends or family. I think (I hope) that is just a case of desensitization since, when we are confronted with a new atrocity we never knew about before, we do suffer from terrible sadness and emotions. But... when it happens everyday and you already do all you can do about it, you wouldn't be able to function if you were torn up daily about it. I think Iamiam categorized this sort of love best with "agape" love which is more like what you described as "overwhelming compassion". If it is sincere, that is love in my book.

Thank you for the perspective check; I needed that.

Every time I see footage of something like the Massacre in Bahrain yesterday I cry.. it's all about proximity; I love all of mankind - but that love is unable to manifest itself in any specific sense unless I'm faced with another ego..

I cried too. A doctor was begging for help because so many people were in the streets dying. So Sad

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Message from Little Grandmother...a shaman and wisdom keeper...native american culture.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vilkata
I have been having quite the opposite thoughts.

Bear in mind, the 'system' itself is designed by TPTB whoever that may refer to.

You want to know the real secret of the Illuminati? You want their true modus operandi?

Well, I may not have access to that information, but here is my guess: Love is sort of the spiritual side to breaking our will to fight, this supposed 'love for all humanity, love for Earth, etc" and is made to keep us from being competitive, from bettering ourselves.....in short, from becoming competition for those in power.

When a society becomes too big, too powerful, they pit them against each other, effectively chopping the limbs from humanities ability to fight or even truly discover them.

To compete with those in power one must not play their game, their game of compeition, of lies, of consumption, of ego driven madness, of profit, of inequality. "TPTB" are only TPTB because you play their game.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

• If not, what keeps you from doing so? Is it because of the stigmas attached to it?

• Lack of self love, nothing more.

Without that, without love of self (as we are loved by God) we can't have enough left over to love everyone else.

It's simple, but not always easy.

Good for you OP for the courage to freely love and to help be the missing love in the world. What a happy and charming person you would be, the type that anyone would be honored to have as a friend.

We need a lot more of you!

edit on 21-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join