It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
According to experts earth will be unrecognizable by 2050 due to the large population growth.

Article

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

yea right ...
"experts"...
american somehow?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

yea right ...
"experts"...
american somehow?

Atleast they aren't from Romania
I see where you got your sig from. Get a life.

As for the article, it pretty much states the obvious if we continually head down the same path. I say we get passed 2012, 2036, then worry about 2050. Although, that type of mentality is probably what got us in this rut in the first place. Perhaps we should work towards a better future instead of a better today. Who's to say?
edit on 20-2-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Seems these scientist don't know about the NWO and their plans for population reduction...lol....There will be plenty of food for everyone by then.....even us useless eaters....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
*Quoted

"Horrified bird lovers demanded an urgent investigation last night after the mystery deaths of SIXTEEN swans in just six weeks."
"The unprecedented number of fatalities has wiped out around 30 per cent of the population along the River Avon in Stratford-upon-Avon."

* Event type: Biological Hazard Date / time [UTC]: 20/02/2011 - 11:26:21

I dont think we have to wait that long, 2050 .

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Remember the Swans from the Christmas song? ya those swans.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

yea right ...
"experts"...
american somehow?

Oh hey, look its Negative Nancy! You really need to change your phrase above your avatar. Would it be better if the scientists were Romanian, Love is the Answer leaualorin, love is the answer.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Must be grant time again?

The more schocking the prediction, the better chance of getting a sizable grant.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
6 weeks 16 Swans dead , seems kind of Avon alright, depending on how far u want to take grant theory or maybe the swans just bored themselves to death.?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Gotta love the people who simply roll their eyes and snark...

I mean, they're right... Nothing at all is going to happen, this is paradise as it is, and it will continue to give us all the things we rape.. I mean reap, till old beardy god comes down and gives us all a lift to heaven on his magickal space pony...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Don't you like how that article talks about global warming and ways to minimize population growth! Hell, screw 2050, my little part of the world has become unrecognizable in the last 10 years. This article is BS.

The fact is, social science has long known what man will do to the earth, they have studied this with lab rats! No matter the resources, over population will always lead to aggressive and destructive behavior. You see, we don't need the government telling us how much food and water we need, because science has proven that over population is momentary, our destructive behavior will change the earth and adjust the population naturally, and all that is happening now!
edit on 20-2-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

i think this is relevant to your post.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
People these days....

I could say that about my dog, my dog will be 'unrecognizable' by 2050

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Well there goes Darwins Evolution of the Species down the drain lol 13 female and one infertile male? LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
People these days....

I could say that about my dog, my dog will be 'unrecognizable' by 2050

You rely on your dog as a planet within a planetary system by which you have lived every instant of your life?

Thats one awesome dog!

edit on 21/2/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You see I waited till someone else posted this so I did not have to keep track of it...

Of course the earth will not look like it is now to us in the future...

its the future... duh

the doomsayers and the liberal along with the conservatives forget something...

For the cost of what your doing now... say for a measly ten million I could solve the words problem.... if not less...

the three things we need could be ours in say a year and in full implementation say three years...

space travel- seven to eight months...

recycling - one year for a full profit.... will reduce the need for most mining processes

world domination... wait wrong list... well that too...

mass production of food.... it goes along with part one but we get away with it...

Id even still be cocky enough to say for three million a pop... I could get er done... Id even wager that I could do it with hiring a single person with one degree.. just with a lower budget slightly longer time...

simple rules-
no over sight or interference...
once the means are created i am granted a monopoly on the technology
Open immigration with one exception...

This planet is not in immediate trouble but will be.... it can all be fixed in under four years.... with the resources of a nation like the US... six months and we drink champagne/ jack daniels cocktails on the moon....

they do not want to fix it... it is as simple as that they do not want to fix it... and by they I mean pick a government

If the situation is not solved you will have more violence as the species corrects itself....
edit on 21-2-2011 by ripcontrol because: because they are out to get us

edit on 21-2-2011 by ripcontrol because: they missed me by a hair

new topics

top topics

join