It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American who sparked diplomatic crisis over Lahore shooting was CIA spy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

American who sparked diplomatic crisis over Lahore shooting was CIA spy

www.guardian.co.uk

The American who shot dead two men on a Lahore street, triggering a diplomatic crisis between Pakistan and the United States, is a CIA agent who was on assignment at the time of the incident

Pakistani authorities charged him with murder, but the Obama administration has insisted he is an "administrative and technical official" attached to its Lahore consulate and is entitled to diplomatic immunity

But Pakistani prosecutors accuse the spy of using excessive force, saying he fired 10 shots a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well this is not good news
Of course i'm sure nobody is surprised

This was just one of those covert ops that ended up being not so covert.

But what was the purpose of this spy, was it just to help maintain a stability of a puppet govt.?
Who knows.

At the end of the day we should end this nonsense
at least for a decade or so at the very least

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think that he broke the number one rule to begin with.

Never get caught.

Nice find. S&F

Unless he was meant to get caught.
edit on 20-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: unless he was meant to

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't think anyone believes he was an administrative and technical official.
Just checking his service record ruled that out..

It will be interesting to see how this plays out..
Maybe a secret prisoner swap..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So much for the silent service or covert operations? Judging by his photos, he would have stood out like a sore thumb. He is about as American in appearance as apple pie and ballgames. He could very well be a CIA asset as the Pakistani authorities have been saying? The high tech equipment in his possession seems a little much for a low level diplomat on a sight seeing tour. Moreover, according to the Pakistanis, he had photos of important landmarks around Lahore on his camera.

This has got false-flag connotations all over it. I make an effort to use that term sparingly, because there seems to be a uptick in the term being used when analyzing events in the Middle East and elsewhere. Allow me to don the tin foil hat for a moment, and delve into the realm of conspiracy. Take what I say as mere speculation. This guy and his cohorts seems to be gathering intel on soft targets around Lahore and maybe other localities in Pakistan before being caught. For example, in the not to distant future we learn of bombings in Pakistan or other horrendous acts, and the US will blame the terrorists. Of course they will be shocking and terrible, and it could be a means to coax the Pakistanis into allowing an escalation of military actions by the US in the Pakistani tribal regions and elsewhere if need be.

The US had ought tread lightly on this one, because the Pakistanis have some serous leverage on this one. Most importantly, it has to do with the supply line that goes through their country which is a crucial asset to the war effort in Afghanistan given the geography of the nation being landlocked. A horrendously costly endeavor with Afghanistan would be much worse if logistical support has to be conducted by air. Furthermore, relations have soured of late with the continued drone strikes that have taken place in the Pakistani interior which is said to have killed civilians. and amid objections by the Pakistani government. To cut a long story short, I find this story more and more peculiar. Personally, I think he was a spook conducting agency business. Why the US is going out of their way on this is quite telling. It seems he may have been up to no good? What happened to plausible deniability? Can't afford another international incident.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So long as the US is invading and occupying nations, installing dictators and has an army of spooks and goons running freely, there will never be peace anywhere in the World.

Follow in the footsteps of freedom, throw a black bag over his head, torture him and send him to Guantanamo where he can be held until he dies without any charges or the ability to defend himself.
edit on 20-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't think anyone believes he was an administrative and technical official.
Just checking his service record ruled that out..

Administrative and technical staff would include security types, they were just being intentionally vague. Though “security consultant/contractor” is something of a euphemism, especially if they are working for the CIA at the time!

The fact that he has a SF background isn’t too suspect in itself, considering his alleged role, but what they found in his (unmarked, no dip plates) car is rather eyebrow-raising. As well as a couple of other details.

reply to post by Jakes51

Good post, starred! Your speculation looks pretty reasonable at the moment. This is a case where shouting “false flag” doesn’t immediately make one look like a spastic, lap it up ATS!

A report I posted in the other thread, worth a read:

Stratfor - The Threat of Civil Unrest in Pakistan and the Davis Case

new topics

top topics

join