It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LSU Coastal Scientist Dies At 54

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

LSU Coastal Scientist Dies At 54

www.2theadvocate.com

The LSU community is reeling after the sudden death Thursday of prominent LSU coastal scientist Gregory Stone.

Stone, who was quoted extensively in many publications internationally after last year's BP oil leak, was the director of the reknowned Wave-Current Information System.

The system is used by many fisherman and scientists to monitor wind, waves and currents off the Louisiana coast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This may be another story to keep an eye on folks.

Another "researcher" dieing of an "unknown illness".

Could turn out to be something explainable, but could this also be in relation to the BP oil spill research? Perhaps someone else may be more familiar with this researcher's background and work, and can shed further light.

One thing is for certain, MANY of the folks involved with the BP spill have been diagnosed with strange illnesses and skin problems, and I suspect we have only seen the beginning of what's to come...

www.2theadvocate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am still wondering about the effects of the corexit they sprayed on the oil.
Correlation to bird deaths?
people being there on the coast and on the ocean all the time?
How many more unreported deaths are there is what I wonder.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

How many more unreported deaths are there is what I wonder.

I'd worry about births also..
This things usually show up as birth defects years down the track..
Scary thought...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Today's paper had two different groups reporting the continued existence of oil on the Gulf floor and dead marine life. One article even discussed the methane pumped into the Gulf. All I can say is that I have not been in the Gulf since before the oil spill and it will be a long time until I do. I also do not eat any Gulf seafood. Paranoid ? Maybe, or maybe smart enough to be reading ATS and to not trust government statements of safety !

www.pnj.com...
www.pnj.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elienne

Today's paper had two different groups reporting the continued existence of oil on the Gulf floor and dead marine life. One article even discussed the methane pumped into the Gulf. All I can say is that I have not been in the Gulf since before the oil spill and it will be a long time until I do. I also do not eat any Gulf seafood. Paranoid ? Maybe, or maybe smart enough to be reading ATS and to not trust government statements of safety !

www.pnj.com...
www.pnj.com...
I have chosen also to not eat shrimp, lobster, clams,or oysters..... bottom feeders
I am just very skeptical about its safety now.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

Well, I have to say that we have eaten gulf shrimp several times, had some just last Sunday. They were delicious. I haven't started growing an extra head or anything... YET!! lol

ETA: My husband has bought oysters like 5 times since January and they are delicious too! I do sincerely hope that there will be no long-term consequences.
We have to buy our local seafood 'cause so much of our states economy depends on it!
edit on 2/21/11 by jennybee35 because: "splainin why we eatin' them scrimps and oysters!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
In 2010 Scientist Stone had issues related to working with/for BP. See the link below:
Stone in 2010 and BP Oil

edit on 2/21/2011 by Humint1 because: Spell check

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by Elienne

Well, I have to say that we have eaten gulf shrimp several times, had some just last Sunday. They were delicious. I haven't started growing an extra head or anything... YET!! lol

ETA: My husband has bought oysters like 5 times since January and they are delicious too! I do sincerely hope that there will be no long-term consequences.
We have to buy our local seafood 'cause so much of our states economy depends on it!
edit on 2/21/11 by jennybee35 because: "splainin why we eatin' them scrimps and oysters!
And they might be fine,.
Just stayin on the side of caution,.

top topics

join