It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people stupid in groups?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by rusethorcain

I COMPLETELY disagree. Often times when dealing with friendships or relationships with other girls the other girl that might like me might have a completely different personality from me and that's why we're able to get along well.

Sorry. You are talking about talents and facets of personality. You cannot argue with a natural law. You disagreeing doesn't make it not true. Smart people do not hang with stupid people as a rule and vice versa. Although one person in the group may be the "smart one" you will find their intellectual level and many other levels" financial and appearance...all within the same "range."

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Well, I guess if you won't accept that this law can be falsifiable by showing that opposites attract would you agree that the corollary to this law would be that even if you and other people are alike things might not go as well as you think it is?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

If I understand you correctly, I think the answer to that question will be yes.

And yes, I even tend to agree with you that "opposites attract" but in fact studies seem to show otherwise with regard to relationships.
www.livescience.com...

edit on 20-2-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think that opposites attract. However, I don't think opposites can easily stick together. We like mystery. Being mysterious is always a great way to get someone to be interested in you. It will make someone want to be with you and figure you out. I think that once you're figured out and you don't end up being the person that someone wants or expects you to be, then it usually doesn't end well. I think we all try to discover ourselves in other people. We all look for the mirror and try to clean the mirror when it appears to be foggy.
edit on 21-2-2011 by ShnogTrip because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join