It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Meditation for Peace...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
With current events around the world.. Was meditating earlier for peace.. Thought that maybe if more join in then maybe would be more effective to help achieve peace in the world.. Not setting any time or days to do this - just when people can as their schedules allow..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

im with you all the way!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I am in! The needs more of this right now.
Peace and Light
Any time is good for me

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think it would be a great idea. I also think it would be a great idea if we could organize a simultaneous meditation. If we planned it weeks or months in advance, I think it would be more likely to have more participants. People could make plans. It wouldn't even have to take that long. Even if it was just 15 minutes of various people, all over the world, meditating for peace all at the same time, I wonder what would happen. Would be pretty easy to set up really. Just establish a meditation time for people in each time zone and those who wanted to participate could. I've always wondered what, if anything, would happen if a bunch of people were to carry out such a thing. It definitely couldn't be a bad thing!
edit on 2/20/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I group tried this last year on 11.11.10 at 11:11 and 23:11 for 11 days straight. I personally partisipated

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Global Prayer Project 5th link button on left side column...they have scheduled phone and timed meditations...they disclose the overall content before the meditation. So if you choose to call in excellent, but often I prefer to take part with the overall concept in mind and feed the energy without physical connection. But I am sure whatever you prefer would help either way....where thought goes energy flows....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I've always wondered what, if anything, would happen if a bunch of people were to carry out such a thing. It definitely couldn't be a bad thing!

The effects of mass meditation have been studied and called 'the Maharishi Effect', in honour of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who predicted how it would affect society.

This phenomenon was first noticed in 1974 and reported in a paper published in 1976. Here, the finding was that when 1% of a community practiced the Transcendental Meditation® program, then the crime rate was reduced by 16% on average.

Generally, the Maharishi Effect may be defined as the influence of coherence and positivity in the social and natural environment generated by the practice of the TM and TM-Sidhi programs.

Subsequent research has confirmed the existence and the universality of the Maharishi Effect. It has become possible to lodge a prediction in advance with the police and the Mayor of a city and then create the effect. This was put to the test under the careful scrutiny of a distinguished review board in 1993 in Washington, D.C. The maximum decrease in violent crimes was 23.3%. The statistical probability that this result could reflect chance variation in crime levels was less than 2 in 1 billion (p < .000000002). (Summary and chart)

Source

I'm in.
Bless.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hello .. Thank you for the interest and joining in. Apologies slow reply today am on mobile forgot to charge batts. earlier.. Think that even with a few starting it will make a positive change and help the world as we influence the areas and people around us with our thoughts as much as by our actions...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great idea.

We could just set a meditation time for every day, and big ones weekly. Say 10 Est and 7 pst? And Sunday make it the main one same time?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I think it would be a great idea. I also think it would be a great idea if we could organize a simultaneous meditation. If we planned it weeks or months in advance, I think it would be more likely to have more participants. People could make plans. It wouldn't even have to take that long. Even if it was just 15 minutes of various people, all over the world, meditating for peace all at the same time, I wonder what would happen. Would be pretty easy to set up really. Just establish a meditation time for people in each time zone and those who wanted to participate could. I've always wondered what, if anything, would happen if a bunch of people were to carry out such a thing. It definitely couldn't be a bad thing!

Had been thinking along the same lines though out where I am rarely pay attention to time and keep odd hours.. But most people have school, jobs etc thus was thinking that at first just as people find time in their schedules.. along with seeing how the initial response goes.. Had got the idea from talking with some of the monks who travel through the area here at times ..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drala
Global Prayer Project 5th link button on left side column...they have scheduled phone and timed meditations...they disclose the overall content before the meditation. So if you choose to call in excellent, but often I prefer to take part with the overall concept in mind and feed the energy without physical connection. But I am sure whatever you prefer would help either way....where thought goes energy flows....

Interesting .. Rather amazing at times what tech these days can do.. Though the only modern tech that I use is my mobile and lights. Otherwise I live the same as the locals here do.. But we should be able to make a positive change by combined efforts of all who join in as dont need technology to meditate.. Hope am making sense my english is rusty..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva

I've always wondered what, if anything, would happen if a bunch of people were to carry out such a thing. It definitely couldn't be a bad thing!

The effects of mass meditation have been studied and called 'the Maharishi Effect', in honour of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who predicted how it would affect society.

This phenomenon was first noticed in 1974 and reported in a paper published in 1976. Here, the finding was that when 1% of a community practiced the Transcendental Meditation® program, then the crime rate was reduced by 16% on average.

Generally, the Maharishi Effect may be defined as the influence of coherence and positivity in the social and natural environment generated by the practice of the TM and TM-Sidhi programs.

Subsequent research has confirmed the existence and the universality of the Maharishi Effect. It has become possible to lodge a prediction in advance with the police and the Mayor of a city and then create the effect. This was put to the test under the careful scrutiny of a distinguished review board in 1993 in Washington, D.C. The maximum decrease in violent crimes was 23.3%. The statistical probability that this result could reflect chance variation in crime levels was less than 2 in 1 billion (p < .000000002). (Summary and chart)

Source

I'm in.
Bless.

Quite interesting to see that they did studies on it.. Thank you for sharing it .. Popping over to check it out .

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is very admirable, but peace by itself is not going to solve everything.
The oppressed can peacibly continue being the oppressed?
The rich and the powerful can continue to impose suffering and poverty upon the less fortunate.
This is ok as long as we have peace?

Peace comes after the battle that needs to be fought has been won my friends.
That brings true peace. Until then, anything else is only temporary and delaying the inevitable.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunartik
This is very admirable, but peace by itself is not going to solve everything.
The oppressed can peacibly continue being the oppressed?
The rich and the powerful can continue to impose suffering and poverty upon the less fortunate.
This is ok as long as we have peace?

Peace comes after the battle that needs to be fought has been won my friends.
That brings true peace. Until then, anything else is only temporary and delaying the inevitable.

Violence solves nothing and never has - only serves to perpetuate the cycle by replacing one repressive group with another that is just as repressive... Which is what created the problems in the world today.. Its time humanity break the cycle of violence/bloodshed and grows up.. And as mention in my original post am ask volunteers .. not all are ready or understand but many do and many more are learning.. Together we can make a positive change and make the world a little bit better place than we found it...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Count me in hu-mans were designed as a collectiveness not to be individual this is what has seperated us from understanding just how powerful we can be together you only have to switch on the news and see the protests in the middle east to see that.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I love this idea, reminds me of the Art Bell show and his mass consciousness experiments and guess what they worked! Just set a time and date I'm in..
S&F

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good to see more people interested and joining in . Thank you and welcome.. Been think try a group effort wednesday along with the regular meditations as people have time. Though am at GMT +8 here not sure on everyones timezones so was think just set the day as day to attempt group meditations. What do you guys think ?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
this is the sort of thing i had in mind when i put this blog together.

see what you think- wecreatethelove.ning.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

That works for me..good job great topic

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Wow..now that is a great blog...I like the structure of it, quote "Now this is the main part, everyday at 11:10am or pm (very important times) I want people to stop what they're doing, come to this site and find a picture that your drawn to or relive the happiest memory in your mind and for 2 minutes switch off from all the negativity," close quote..this gives everyone a framework to build on. good site I like it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join