It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I am trying to figure out why I can't access ATS Chat. Is it because I don't have enough posts? or is there a technical problem? I get the thing that says Welcome etc and tells me to watch my manners etc. Then I click on agree and it goes to a gray screen. it says transferring data on the bottom left of that status bar, but nothing ever happens. Any suggestions, ideas, comments? I would like to be able to join the chat for the ATS Live broadcasts.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Clear out your cookies, sign in again, and simply wait. Every now and then it takes a little while to load.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Its a common problem especially if you use firefox like me.

I have to click the link wait for a few seconds, clck again. sometimes up to 10 times

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
this is what I do.... and it works 80% of the time. I clear out my cache and cache only (if your using fire fox.) then re-start your browser, and then click on chat, then you should be able to get in.

Do that or click and pray like project & Dave do.

edit on 2/20/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I had this isssue for a bit...when chat 1st changed to its latest format.

And darned if I can remember ....oh its on the tip of my tougue...uhhhhhh..OHHHH your java script must be enabled........I think, please referr to another member, thats more PC friendly tha myself...but thats what fixed my issue 6-8 months or so ago "best of my memory"...but like I said please do not do this!!!! unless you know for sure, what your doing.....I by no means wish anyones PC trashed cuzz O my edumacashun.

But yes like everyone else is saying "it has its days" I think connection speed also has a bit to do with this, example when pullin off Goodscents Subs and Pasta wyfy....from a bit too far away....usually grey screen just as you desribe.
When @ home 100 mbps connection ...rarely if ever do I have an issue with chat....I think I can say never....?

edit on 20-2-2011 by Doc Holiday because: darn OCD and blank boxs

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Explanation: Flagged!

Follow what the mod from an ATS God said and you should be granted access as you already do have the required post count etc. BUT if you do continue to have problems and it becomes no longer worth trying to access it then please post again here or u2u me and I will arrange for ATS on skype to help out and I have found myself using it more and more and ATS chat less and less [although its a needed functionality of ATS and shouldn't be ditched due to lack of consistent user base ok]. Currently as I understand it Skype Chats are by invite only [OL is probably being way 2 diplomatic etc
] and so even when there is no way ... ATS members will make a way to go! [many members have experienced your hassles with ATS Chat as well.]

Personal Disclosure: Good Luck and OL hopes to Chat 2 you asap!

edit on 20-2-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited emoticon fail. soz

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have problems every time I try to sign on using FireFox, this is what I do:

1. Click chat button
2. Accept rules and conditions
3. Let it load until it says DONE
4. Close/Exit Screen
5. Check to be sure NOTHING else is loading
6. Click Chat again
7. Wait up to 30 seconds

Then, if you are like me, you will be signed into chat.

Hope I helped.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have no problems really getting in... its STAYING in chat that is an issue sometimes
I have boot marks all over me...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I use Firefox and for me its as simple as this: I enter chat accept terms if that pops up then wait about 20 seconds on the grey screen ,then right click and refresh chat . Works for me anyway)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Cache clearing doesn't change anything for me, even if I totally delete everything with ccleaner I still have the same issue..

Clicky clicky clicky

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've never been able to get it to work with Firefox so I just use Internet Explorer to use chat.....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I have no problems getting in usually either...Getting out is my problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well that sucks cause I don't even have Internet Explorer on this computer, and honestly without the stored password thing I would probably never get back on without resetting my password again lol. I can't remember that password since it's random and all that...

Nevermind it just worked.
edit on 2/21/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join