It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One World Goverment Would it not make sense?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Would a one world goverment not make sense?
After all it is national goverments that fall out with one and other and go to war. Millions have died rallying round the flag.Millions more suffer hunger and disease. A one world goverment could stop war by not falling out with anothre goverment. Economies could be made more equal, and the good of all brought to the fore.
I have done no research on this ,but just thinking out loud, it makes sense to me.
Personally I think that nationalism is one of the deadly sins.

Discuss

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
ive been thinking the same thing,but would it work how would it work

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Do you not think that there would be some people in any given part of the world who do not like the way the government is being run and revolt?

There are people opposed to democracy and their are people opposed to dictatorship, for example... I would not want to live in a dictatorship... If the earth became one giant dictatorship, I might be in the group of people trying to change things and making them into a democracy...

If it were a democracy... Well you see where I am going.... Sure, we might have one government... But the question is, would the people accept it? Or would we have, World Civil War 1?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It would never work, People are too power hungry.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yea i kow what you mean, it is a pipe dream, but if it could be implemented, as a better than you have alrady type thing then who knows.
I wouldn't want to live under a dictatorship either, but lets say every 3 years the countries of the world get their people elected to go to the world goverment. The business their would be much like any other parliament.Not such a bad idea under these circumstances.
I think it is better than gunboat diplomacy!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Whilst I agree with you, in part, in that these typically invisible lines we've drawn between ourselves, serve to cause a great deal of suffering, there are also benefits. The main one, is that no one group has all the power (at least, in theory). With a one world government, we (being all 6.75b of us) would almost certainly be ruled by a select few. Chances are, there'd be very little standing in their way, to stop them from implementing whatever they so pleased. It's an old saying, but "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." What man/select group of men, would be fit to lead the whole of mankind, and not be corrupted by it? If they were corrupted, or corrupt in the first place, our future would be very bleak- it's better that power is shared, putting all your money on one horse is very risky.

gimme_some_truth raises a good point as well, in that different groups of people have different ideologies. How would you go about pleasing everyone? The compromises would take a lot of thinking about, not sure it'd be feasible- at least, not in todays world.

(feel free to substitute man for woman, where you so please- apologies to any women
)
edit on 20-2-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: add disclaimer

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

In the perfect world a One World Government would work nicely.. as it would be solely based on Humanitarian principles, which is the exact opposite of the system being implaced over the past many years.

I'm all for a humanitarian based One World.. a World Village where everyone has the exact same rights and support, but those in power are not, hence this Power Based One World Order we are staring down the barrel of.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Would a one world goverment not make sense?

No, it makes no sense, because people are too damn greedy.

After all it is national goverments that fall out with one and other and go to war.

This will happen regardless of a One World Government because humankind is not ready.

Too much greed, hatred, stupidity, and ignorance abound.

In EVERY country throughout the world.

Millions have died rallying round the flag.

Try a number which is greater than infinity.

Millions more suffer hunger and disease.

This is the fault and responsiblity of all of those nations which could never unite under one flag.

A one world goverment could stop war by not falling out with anothre goverment.

Horse puckey.

Assassinations, coup's and counter-coup's, these are what Government's are made of entirely.

If you think it would work I suggest you take 99 other people into a room.

And make sure every one of them is from a different religion, country, and upbringing.

Then you will see exactly how this will not work.

Economies could be made more equal, and the good of all brought to the fore.

And the people with the biggest bank account and more ruthless towards leadership comes to a head.

I have done no research on this ,but just thinking out loud, it makes sense to me.
Personally I think that nationalism is one of the deadly sins.

Discuss

You need to do some research.

Nationalism is a great thing provided it is not unchecked with logic and not driven through fear.

Otherwise you get some of the greatest tragedies in history repeating.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

When you put it these terms it does seem a bit risky?, But the present format is a bit dangerous as well. We have the threat of global war because of national differences, resources being used as black mail etc.
I am not certain what way is best , but if everyone were fair players then absolute power would not corrupt absolutely. It is the evil that lies in people to begin with that comes to the fore when given positions of power.
If only people were were not corruptable the world would be a better place.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Well, in my eyes, at least, the current system is the lesser of the two evils- I definitely agree that it is not perfect. You are right, it is because of our inherent flaws that one world government wouldn't work, but that is the human condition (at least currently). Until that changes, I don't think any kind of one world government would be anywhere near our best interests. As Tayesin says, in an ideal world, a one world government, in which humanity would be united, would be a perfect, but sadly, at the moment, that's just a dream.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
How about this, (not that it is likely, But I can dream.) One world, Not governed..For the People by the People.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Have you forgotten about the United Nations? It is hard for all the nations of the world to decide on something, but when they do it sets the direction to follow. It is still a growing organisation and has failed at times, but is still gradually getting stronger and more cohesive in its operation.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Some good responses here guys! Opened my eyes a little bit.
I just wanted to ask, if there were to be a one world government, how would we (the world) go about electing who governs us? Wouldn't that alone be enough to create wars because as mentioned before, people are power hungry? Do the governments get together and decide or would the worlds population decide?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Local government is best.

The state government will be less likely to understand your needs like your city and town government would.

The Federal government is more likely not to care about your needs.

And global government will definitely forsake you and your family for the benefit of global corporations.

Common sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
Local government is best.

The state government will be less likely to understand your needs like your city and town government would.

The Federal government is more likely not to care about your needs.

And global government will definitely forsake you and your family for the benefit of global corporations.

Common sense.

Agreed.

Wouldn't it seem logical to think that any planet would eventually have a global government?
Personally id rather have the states govern themselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Of course it makes sense (theoretically). Many believe that communism makes sense also - on paper (but when carried out results in tyrannical government). In the end (if you are a Christian) we will have a One World Government anyway so that is not the issue - it is who is in charge and what rights will citizens have and how will they be maintained (beyond an initial promise to allow such a govt to form and assume power). Will the global citizens have a voice in their government? Will "natural rights" of citizens be honored? There would still be cultural differences and nations-states (on more of the equivalent of a state or province instead of sovereign nations. There may not be world wars anymore but at what price, tyranny?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
YEA! When Jesus comes--it does say in the bible man can never govern himself--seems to be true!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
it might work, but the flip side to a one world government is nobody among the nations currently reaping the advantages of the existing system would want a one world government to exist. if the existing identities of nations and such would be able to send one of their own as a representative to a global parliamentary council and have exactly one vote on issues that affect humanity at large, how many votes do you think the united states will have?
and how many nations are currently benefiting from manipulation of the international economy to benefit those in power then compare this to the number of nations who are suffering and are being taken advantage of through these machinations. if a one world government comes to pass then it most likely will put priority on the third world countries which comprise the majority, and that's enough reason for it not to exist.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Man could make a one world government work. But he isn't going to. Man needs to have firewalls against the INEVITABLE tyrants that will eventually weasle their way into the positions of power. This is why we need diversity.
national diversity.

Look what inbreeding does.
These are the people who want to run the world.
they also want to handle all your banking needs...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
One world government would not stop war, hunger or economic unstability. You need to do alot more research, might i suggest reading some history as well. People would just fight for that power for one. Not to metion that in order for it to work you would have to have it broken down in seperate regions which would lead to warlords just like old times. One world gov would just be a king with the whole world as the kigdom. No way would that not be a bad thing. You think we are sheep now, just wait for NWO, then youll know how to bah bah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join