It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS & NUKES | Concentrations of UFO Sightings Near Vital Defense Installations Alarmed The Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

An early UFO chronicle, penned by Robert Moskin for LOOK Magazine pronounces the apprehension the Pentagon et al had re UFOs in close proximity to sensitive atomic military installations and or atomic energy locations:

"Fearful of the danger from the skies, the United States Air Force is launching a secret scientific search to discover once-and-for-all what is the mysterious, unbelievable thing Americans keep sighting overhead"

". . . sightings were pinpointed on a map. . . . a Pentagon representative . . . noted that a number of concentrations duplicated exactly the area of atomic energy installations."

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I do think a lot of sightings have been near nuclear facilities or military bases that have nuclear weapons, the fact that we haven't been blown into dust is a good sign I guess lol. What I would like to know is what have these investigations found? We have a right to be told as much as possible without compromising National Security.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good Day Kali74,

Thank you taking time to make comment.

Originally posted by Kali74
I do think a lot of sightings have been near nuclear facilities or military bases that have nuclear weapons, the fact that we haven't been blown into dust is a good sign I guess lol. What I would like to know is what have these investigations found? We have a right to be told as much as possible without compromising National Security.

The importance of the article, in my view is that the PTB not only recognized–very early on, but were very concerned by the correlation of unidentified aircraft (UFOs) over various defense installations (particularity those of an atomic and or nuclear origin); in the summer of '47 there were sightings over Hanford, Oak Ridge, Savannah River, Los Alamos, Roswell etc., and they continue to present day.

Today, we now have witness declarations indicating that there were instances that went well beyond "mere sightings"; that there were in fact incidents of malfunctioning equipment, seemingly induced by the presence of UFOs.

As to wanting to to know what military/government investigations have uncovered–that question has been asked since the beginning of what we deem modern-day Ufology. The Air Force's "official position" is that UFOs don't pose a threat to national security; however, when I interviewed Bob Salas a couple of months back, and he recounted how his nuclear missiles were rendered to a "no-go status" all the while a UFO was hovering over his launch command, I asked him: "god forbid we went to war; however, if you were ordered to fire your missiles in defense of this country–could you have done so?"

He replied, No!"

If that doesn't pose a threat to our national security–I don't know what does!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren
Greetings Forumerions,

An early UFO chronicle, penned by Robert Moskin for LOOK Magazine pronounces the apprehension the Pentagon et al had re UFOs in close proximity to sensitive atomic military installations and or atomic energy locations:

"Fearful of the danger from the skies, the United States Air Force is launching a secret scientific search to discover once-and-for-all what is the mysterious, unbelievable thing Americans keep sighting overhead"

". . . sightings were pinpointed on a map. . . . a Pentagon representative . . . noted that a number of concentrations duplicated exactly the area of atomic energy installations."

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

wow thats very interesting.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren
The importance of the article, in my view is that the PTB not only recognized–very early on, but were very concerned by the correlation of unidentified aircraft (UFOs) over various defense installations (particularity those of an atomic and or nuclear origin); in the summer of '47 there were sightings over Hanford, Oak Ridge, Savannah River, Los Alamos, Roswell etc., and they continue to present day.

Hey Frank, great thread and, as you say, 1947 seems to have been quite a big year for these kinds of reports - Captain Ruppelt also makes some interesting comments below about 1952:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ede6048e0fc.jpg[/atsimg]

The CIA's Assistant Director of Scientific Intelligence also made this interesting statement

Title: Unidentified Flying Objects

To: Director of Central Intelligence

Author: MArshall H. Chadwell, Assistant Director Scientific Intelligence

Date: December 2, 1952

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/466525845690.jpg[/atsimg]

"At this time the reports of incidents convince us that there is something going on that must have immediate attention. The details of some of these incidents have been discussed by AD/SI (SI: Scientific Intelligence) with DDCI.
Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and travelling at high speeds in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomenon or known types of aerial vehicles."

Link

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join