It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; Project complete, index, summary

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by macoooo

Is that link your own youtube channel, the same one you've been linking to on other posts?
Linking to a pro-Islamic youtube channel is not entirely relevant to the matter in hand.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
ch1
This first chapter sets the tone for the rest of the book, and has to be understood against the background of the troubled state of the church.
This is implied in the "tribulation and patient endurance" mentioned in v9, and in John's apparent exile in Patmos.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Given the troubled state of the church, the first key point is that the events to be described are events which must happen and must happen soon- the rescue mission cannot be prevented or delayed.
(I take the word "soon" to be about the speed of God's response to the relevant crisis; the crisis involving the church of John's time has now been resolved, while any similar crisis which might involve the future church has not yet begun)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I also just want to say Thank you for sharing this incredible work of yours.
I am looking forward to ever bit of it, and rereading the bits that I already have.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Thank you for those encouraging words.
Always glad to be of service.
(I've done the same for James, and am about to do an Index thread for Song of Songs, if those books interest you)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ch1 vv1-3

Then John validates the message of hope by spelling out where it comes from.
It was God who gave the revelation to Jesus Christ.
Christ then sent his "angel" (presumably the image seen later in the chapter) to "his servant John".
John saw the vision and gives his testimony,so that the chain of evidence is complete.
The blessing extends the line of transmission to those who read the words aloud and those who hear and absorb them.
edit on 26-9-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In John's initial greeting, he offers grace and peace "from him who is and who who was and is to come".
The first element in that description of God is almost a direct translation of the apparent meaning of the Hebrew name Yahweh.

edit on 12-11-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
ch1;

While describing God as "He who was" points us back to the beginning of time, when God created the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Excellent thread

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Thank you; I hope it continues to be useful.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I haven't given your thread a read because I get weary of the topic from time to time. I'll try and make the time to check it out. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This needs to be revived to explain why "Revelation is progression of technology" is an inadequate explanation.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join