Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

March 4th Government Shutdown?

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
March 4th??? Is this more propaganda to get us uptight and fearful or is this a promise??


And what does he mean: 'the republicans are showing an inability to govern....."
Are they kidding us? No one knows how to run this government. Why? Because no one cares about us anymore. Their cares are laced in greed via wars, gold, oil, and pharmaceuticals.

I say let them shut it down. I know the implications will probably be martial law but you know what? It can't be any worse!
Where can we go now anyway? They make it nearly impossible to travel between the price of gas and the high cost of flying (plus the bonus molestation they offer ya)

Hardly anyone has any recreational diversions anymore because hardly any one has any extra money. Many don't have jobs. A lot are losing their homes/apartments and now they're forced to have medical insurance.
This country is bat-crazy!

So, is this such a bad thing? I don't think so!!!

I can't wait for this government and the Global cabal to crumble.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
the "government shutdown" has nothing to do with you and me it is leverage for the bdget fight between the 2 partys, and it will not shutdown just like many times in the past at the last minute one side will give in and all will be saved........


wanna laugh? do a google search for government shutdown and then put in the differant years, 2010,2009,2008 ect you will see this happpens every year
edit on 20-2-2011 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


I'm with you! We have a corrupt, out-of-control federal government that does nothing but advance tyranny and keep inching us ever closer to a totalitarian world government headed by evil globalists.

I say GO AHEAD AND SHUT THE MUTHERF\/CKER DOWN!!!



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If the govt does shut down on the 4th most SSI checks go out the 10 so this will whoop old people and people with dissabilities.Makes me believe they'll blink and pass a continueing resolution to avoid that.



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's not a total Government shutdown. Essential services remain open (i.e. Social Security, IRS, etc.) only nonessential Government employees are sent home. This happened in the early 90's and a few GS employees were put on Non-paid absences. It's mostly just a political power play.

BTW, those GS employees were backpaid for the couple days they were out. Nothing really to worry about with a government "shut down."



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 



And what does he mean: 'the republicans are showing an inability to govern....."


How much power did the Republicans gain in the last elections in Washington?

Well, the Democrats control the U.S. Senate and the Presidency. The Republicans control the U.S. House of Representatives. And the House has passed a budget bill while the Senate hasn't.

Hmmm.



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
republicans just love to shut down government...i think all republican senators and congressmen should cut their salaries and benefits in half, to show good faith. hey, how about cutting the billions GIVEN TO (better known as welfare) to corporations like exxon, chevron. or at least make them pay more than 0 in federal income taxes. oh...right...they are just after the people that already have very little...how patriotic the republicans are.



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The US Govt, like many others, will be attending my birthday party on the 4th March. Those not invitited will be killed by chemtrails bounced off Nibiru using HAARP in order for the Zetans to resurrect Atlantis.

This is true.

Farewell to all ATSers whom I've not invited. Sorry.



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 


Yeah, just like the Democrats did when they had control of both Houses and the Presidency! I mean, that was awesome when Nancy Pelosi lowered her salary and all the other Democratic leaders followed suit. I think the best part was when the President lowered his salary to $1 and gave the rest away to Education!

After they lowered their salaries they really made the big monster corporations pay their fair share of taxes!

You are spot on complaining that the Republicans are only for the corporations. Thank goodness the Dems have our backs!



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I say let the Fed Govt shutdown.
I think it would be funny to see people get all wound up when they don't get their Guvmant Cheese and checks.
Bring it on.



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
the "government shutdown" has nothing to do with you and me it is leverage for the bdget fight between the 2 partys, and it will not shutdown just like many times in the past at the last minute one side will give in and all will be saved........


wanna laugh? do a google search for government shutdown and then put in the differant years, 2010,2009,2008 ect you will see this happpens every year
edit on 20-2-2011 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)



Are you serious? Do you know the ripple effect this may have?
They can shut down unemployment, SS, welfare, disability monies along with medicaid, medicare and food stamps benefits?

Don't you feel that may cause a civil unrest ya think?
Do you even understand the government?

And again, the timing to this? Looks like NO coincidence either.



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I was around back when they actually did shut the government down for a week... think it was the Reagan administration?

In the weeks heading up to the shutdown, there was utter panic in the streets (figuratively). People were afraid their medicare would be shut down and they couldn't get medicine or see doctors. People were afraid their housing subsidies would be frozen and they'd get thrown out of their government housing units. Farmers were panicking about their subsidies and how they would manage to get seed and fertilizer.

But thise things never happened. Instead, for one whole week I didn't have to worry about any idiotic new laws, didn't have to listen to how we were gonna go into a new ice age if they didn't do this or that, didn't have to worry about anyone restricting where I could smoke more than they already had... hey, guys, this is a good thing! I wanna see if we can break the old record and make it a month before one side caves in!


Now watch carefully and everyone will see just how unimportant these windbags in DC really are.

TheRedneck



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I was around back when they actually did shut the government down for a week... think it was the Reagan administration?

In the weeks heading up to the shutdown, there was utter panic in the streets (figuratively). People were afraid their medicare would be shut down and they couldn't get medicine or see doctors. People were afraid their housing subsidies would be frozen and they'd get thrown out of their government housing units. Farmers were panicking about their subsidies and how they would manage to get seed and fertilizer.

But thise things never happened. Instead, for one whole week I didn't have to worry about any idiotic new laws, didn't have to listen to how we were gonna go into a new ice age if they didn't do this or that, didn't have to worry about anyone restricting where I could smoke more than they already had... hey, guys, this is a good thing! I wanna see if we can break the old record and make it a month before one side caves in!


Now watch carefully and everyone will see just how unimportant these windbags in DC really are.

TheRedneck


From one redneck to another, I saw you are spot on.
Most people don't realize that most services are state or local level. The Fed Govt shutdown will affect checks and Guvmant cheese recipients more then anything else.



posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I was around back when they actually did shut the government down for a week... think it was the Reagan administration?

In the weeks heading up to the shutdown, there was utter panic in the streets (figuratively). People were afraid their medicare would be shut down and they couldn't get medicine or see doctors. People were afraid their housing subsidies would be frozen and they'd get thrown out of their government housing units. Farmers were panicking about their subsidies and how they would manage to get seed and fertilizer.

But thise things never happened. Instead, for one whole week I didn't have to worry about any idiotic new laws, didn't have to listen to how we were gonna go into a new ice age if they didn't do this or that, didn't have to worry about anyone restricting where I could smoke more than they already had... hey, guys, this is a good thing! I wanna see if we can break the old record and make it a month before one side caves in!


Now watch carefully and everyone will see just how unimportant these windbags in DC really are.

TheRedneck



It was Clinton
I believe it was in 1995 unless this happened twice?


So now if you aren't one whose worried about the ecology and environment (animal die-offs/chemtrails i.e.) ..........or paranoid about 2012 (pole shift/Nibiru).....this will now leave no one out of the concerned-loop!

I guess fear is an equal opportunity agenda!



posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
I say let the Fed Govt shutdown.
I think it would be funny to see people get all wound up when they don't get their Guvmant Cheese and checks.
Bring it on.


Why do you think it's funny to have disabled or the elderly suffer and starve? I cannot see anything funny about that whatsoever.





new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join