It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking's New Theories!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Seems Stephen Hawking is revising his theories about black holes. I saw a report about it on the news yesterday (6/15/04) and just found this link:

www.webindia123.com...

"The space bodies have mystified scientists for decades now, and in 1976, Hawking had caused ripples by his theory of "Hawking Radiation," which suggested that in black holes, the rules of quantum physics work differently and that they radiate energy.

According to the report, Hawking has now said that once black holes form, they effectively start to "evaporate" away, losing mass in the process, due to which they eventually break open and release the information that fell inside it."

He'll be presenting a paper next week in Dublin, Ireland on his findings - according to the above article.

Interesting!

Another link: cnews.canoe.ca...

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Cattlespy]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Great catch! Thanks for posting it here.

This paragraph caught my attention:

"I've been thinking about this problem for the last 30 years, and I think I now have the answer to it. A black hole only appears to form but later opens up and releases information about what fell inside. So we can be sure of the past and predict the future," the report quoted him as saying. [emphasis mine]

Wow! If we can confirm this by observation, this will have a major impact on cosmology, and probably quite a few other things.

It's wonderful to see that Dr. Hawking has not been idle.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Got that covered here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closing thread...

new topics

join