It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science come close to workout in a pill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ever wish you could wash down that pizza, cheesecake and beer with a magic pill to make it all vanish from your waistline?
That prospect may be only a few years away say Austrailian scientists doing research on a drug to simulate the effect of excerise, a move to excite couch potato's all over the world.

www.reuters.com...

Reuters is reporting this story,which come from a study by St. Vincents and the Commonwealth Scientific Research Organization. They have identified and unlocked the structure of an enzyme that kicks off chemical reactions that turns off the synthesis of fat and cholestrol.

If it really works it would change the way people eat forever, but we would have millions of people with normal weight but still be totally out of shape.I am sure it would just create a different kind of health problem.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's definitely for the really lazy and those who take no responsibility over their eating habits.

Don't people realize exercise puts you in a good mood & makes you look fantastic.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that I would certainly NOT want to mess with my body's biochemisty. I am not a fan of any kind of pill popping. I have come to understand that proper nutrition and activity can treat most non-life threatening conditions, especially obesity! I know this from experience.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The link wouldn't work but I figured I would comment just on the idea of it...

I also agree with the person about messing up our biochemistry. Yeah, I love a good aspirin when I am in pain but I mean messing with it all the time and MAJORLY messing with it is wrong. It's one of my thoughts that may be the reason we have cancer now a days because no one takes care of themselves they let pills and such do it for them. And all the chemicals and stuff we put on out food.

It'd be great if you could take a pill and bam there goes 20 lbs or so. or more. But I don't think they could make a pill that you take and Boom there is a 6 pack 10 days later. I don't think that will ever be. And if so it has to have some major side effects.

I disagree with this product though. Or the concept of it. I am fat. I admit that but even if I could take a pill that would make me instantly have a great body I wouldn't do it. I'm comfortable enough with myself that I don't think I need to conform to society's view of normal and skinny. Also just because you lose weight and look good doesn't mean you are healthy. And just because you are overweight or got a few extra pounds doesn't mean you aren't Healthy.

so this pill i wouldn't use.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here is a link to the article:
Workout Pill - Reuters

Tons of research time, energy and cash are going into this concept because of the obvious consumer appeal.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Guess what? I will not feel guilty to take a pill like that.

Why? Because I have done exercise all my life, I have and ongoing diet in wish I can not eat what I want, and all the exercise and diet as you get older just gets harder to do, what I have for the hard work, broken ligaments and shoulder surgery, why? For overdoing exercise, just to keep healthy and looking good.

Yes I want that pill and I will take now I deserve it.
I am tired of exercise and diet I want to relax.

new topics

top topics

join