It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIBYA UNREST: New firing heard in city of Benghazi as doctor says 220 confirmed dead in clashes on

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This week's chronology here if you're interested www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So Libyans have a chance at fighting back now? Very surprised at how many in the army defected, this shows that Gaddafi will soon be dead meat.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Clashes in the Capital in Lybia, between Anti government protestors and supporters of Gadaffe!

Things are definately hotting up.

Live on Sky News.

Gadaffe's Son is tomae a live statement on State T.V.at 9.30pm UK time.

Will be interesting to see what he says.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...

Al jazeera got video of dead mercs. Makes sense that he would use mercs and not libyans to kill his own citizens.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

edit on 20-2-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Full text of Saif Gadaffi's speech transcribed

There are thee parts behind this

1- Political Activists whom we agree with,
2- What happened in Bayda are Islamic elements. Bayda is my town, my mother is from there. People called me. They stole weapons and killed soldiers. They want to establish an Islamic Emirate in Bayda. Some people took drugs & were used by these protesters.
3. The third part are these children who took the drugs and were used. These are facts like it or not.

Was a rather bizarre and long winded speech. Sounded like paranoia and panic all rolled into one,

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I can see Lybia going the same way as afghanstan or iraq, if things keep going the way they are right now.

But one thing I have noticed. I have yet to see other Governments come out and condemm what is going on in Lybia, as far as I have seen its only been the UK Foreign Minister whom has criticised Gadaffe's Government for the shocking and horrifying events which are taking place in that country right now. Where is the US's criticisms over this,Where is the EU's criticisms over this. Unless I have missed something.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
is this stuff really happening?

www.foxnews.com...

This is worse than a civil war I think.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
UN Ambassadors calling for Gadaffe to step down. Will add Links AS I get them!

Lets hope there is light at the end of this massaccre in Lybia.

Live on Sky News.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
#
1808: As global protests against the Libyan regime pick up pace, nine members the Libyan embassy staff in London have left the building and joined demonstrators outside, a BBC producer at the scene reports.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

This is becomming more interesting by the hour. To say the least.

How would western governments react if this happened in those countries. That would be interesting. We might see the true dictatorships rise out of this all.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is the latest news breaking in a UK newspaper
edit on 21-2-2011 by getso because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getso

It seems like the people of libya are winning. for now anyways. i honestly thought that gaddafi wouldnt ever flee or give in, i know he hasnt gave in yet but i can see it on the horizon
Good for the libian people
Such a shameso many people had to give there lives though

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Do not count him out yet. Going by the way Gadaffe works he will cause alotmore bloodshed in Lybia before he leaves that is for sure.

I for one wil be praying for the free people of Lybia tonight. And holding them in my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Do not count him out yet. Going by the way Gadaffe works he will cause alotmore bloodshed in Lybia before he leaves that is for sure.

I for one wil be praying for the free people of Lybia tonight. And holding them in my thoughts.

Be careful what you wish for, this could see the start of an Arabic NWO...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join