It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX – Disk Shape UFO Clearly Examining Hubble

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Come on, guys. Clearly a reflection. ATS is worse with their misleading headlines than mainstream media.

Clear the BEST UFO EVIDENCE EVER!!!

FAIL

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
Why is he allowed to just post every single crackpot theory he comes across, with ridiculous claims in the title, without so much as taking the 2 minutes of investigation it took the other people in this thread to debunk it before posting. Please ban this liar/hoaxer already.
edit on 21-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

Maybe because this is supposed to be a free thinking forum? And maybe because of freedom of speech? If one does not think someone is credible in real life, you just dont listen, please follow suit on internet. you should stop saying people should be banned for simply posting a video and following ATS rules with the title name. You ask why can he get away with posting his non sense, I gave you an answer. I ask why do you get to post your requests for ban when He wasn't the one making the claim, but again ive already answered that... see line 1 of my response.

Although it is much more an ill mannered move to request that someones freedom of speech and the ability to post be removed, unless they are the one behind the hoax directly, than it is too post something (even something that shows not much thought put behind it) to simply have a discussion about it. If you were a moderator i see you'd clearly ban anyone who doesn't think as much or the same way as you, and this my friend is why you are not. We shall not punish people for not thinking, or at least I wont.

As for the thread, definitely not a UFO.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Read the forum rules

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

15l.) [HOAX]: In the event you Post more than three items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning.

This thread sure was misleading, false and inaccurate. Now look at his thread list, there are too many hoaxes and fail predictions to count and hell he can't have possibly really believed in them all and yet he hasn't even been warned for muddying the waters here. The OP is responsible for taking at least 2minutes of investigation to find out of something is a hoax before spamming it to the forums, which he never does.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What a ridiculous title for a thread.

Almost any thread like this you can almost guarantee it won't live up to the title, before you even open the thread the OP is trying too hard to make up for a lack of substance.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Read the forum rules

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

15l.) [HOAX]: In the event you Post more than three items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning.

This thread sure was misleading, false and inaccurate. Now look at his thread list, there are too many hoaxes and fail predictions to count and hell he can't have possibly really believed in them all and yet he hasn't even been warned for muddying the waters here. The OP is responsible for taking at least 2minutes of investigation to find out of something is a hoax before spamming it to the forums, which he never does.

But he is not the perpetrator of said hoax, he is but finding things that he finds interesting, no matter how false they may be to the educated eye, and he has the right to post and ask questions. The thread title came from the original video, as he said and i have seen a rule stating that if your post is based off of something else the thread should be named the articles name. He isnt HOAXing anyone, for he is not the one who made the hoax, or the disinfo. Is this not understandable? At the very most he is misinformed and not using skeptical thinking before starting a thread. We as a human race should not condone others for such minor faults. Sheesh he even stated he didnt know what it was for sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It doesnt matter (and you don't even know he didn't make the video himself)... He constantly posts hoaxes over and over no matter how ridiculous. Constantly spreading hoaxes is just as bad as starting one, reread the rules AGAIN. It says if you POST hoaxes, it doesn't say you had to have created it. There is no rule that says you have to post a ridiculous thread title no matter what if thats what a video contained in your post is called, there are hundreds of threads with videos contained in them not named after said video and they do not get locked, you know it so don't use that as an excuse. He full well knew the ridiculous claim in the title would get him more views and he went with it, he has posted plenty of other threads not named exactly after the article/video himself go look at his thread history. So he claims this "rule" when it suits him, convenient.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Yes, I have noticed this poster has constantly posted HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE threads, far and above what is actually meant to be discussed here. And I would not doubt for a second he knows that, nor would anybody else. Just read his/her threads. But, this place thrives on the type of stuff he/she delivers, if not for the outrageous, this place would only get a few posts a day, and not be a viable business.

It is one thing to speculate on solid material, it is another thing to turn your brain off and post complete nonsense, and this was clearly nonsense from post number one in this thread. But, like I said, this is necessary traffic we must endure if we want to discuss this subject.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by derst1988

Read the forum rules

But he is not the perpetrator of said hoax, he is but finding things that he finds interesting, no matter how false they may be to the educated eye, and he has the right to post and ask questions. The thread title came from the original video, as he said and i have seen a rule stating that if your post is based off of something else the thread should be named the articles name. He isnt HOAXing anyone, for he is not the one who made the hoax, or the disinfo. Is this not understandable? At the very most he is misinformed and not using skeptical thinking before starting a thread. We as a human race should not condone others for such minor faults. Sheesh he even stated he didnt know what it was for sure.

hmmm he may not be the perp... but for sure an accessory... which will still make you (op) guilty...... and you claiming he didnt "know for sure" what the pic or vid was.... BS!!... MR. Human Alien isnt all that dumb.. any member shouldnt create a thread without thoroughly researching the subject at hand.. he just keeps flooding this site with useless info and disinfo just to get "points" because he just doesnt have anything better to do with his life... like hes looking for some kinda "stature" in life to make himself feel good that he's been ever so longing for... look how many "threads" he starts in just 1 day.. really?... ive witnessed him call out mr. bernard schnitzel.. (which in bs's opening, wasnt that hard to do...).... let me ask you this... which is worse?, An obivious hoaxer?, such as the type of bernard, or an accomplice of uniformative, useless, most of the time hoaxable threads?... does it waste your time for gaining knowledge? of course it does!!! or are you here for entertainment??... if so, please stick to the "hoax" forum...

in my short time here (as a member) shows me, this is not ATS... drop the BS threads... keep it real!!! and if ya forgot... BS is not a conspiracy...

FLAG for Human Alien... Forget Losing All Gullibleness... believe in the human alien..

edit on 21-2-2011 by snowman9364 because: oh yeah..

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Boooo! Video removed by user.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

You should be ashamed.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Too bad I didn't even get to see the video, now it just makes me think it WAS real. heh.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
This guy is a disinformation guy how else would he have time to crawl through as he says thousands of photos unless hes payed too! People like this make anyone who believes in UFOS look like a but or someone who doesnt get whats going on.
edit on 20-2-2011 by tigpoppa because: IM AWESOME!

I agree, this is not a UFO, but a reflection of the lens cover. It's a delicate instrument and needs covering from time to time (direct sunlight!)

This is one of those times where I dislike the policy of discussing only the topic of the thread and not the OP. As a general rule, poor quality material is jamming up the boards and much of it is being posted by the same handful of people, and it makes it much harder to find material which might actually be of interest. Unlike you, I won't speculate as to why this keeps happening.

Then again, I wonder if someone really did have "whistleblowing" material on a black-ops project, say, would they post it here? How secure is it to submit material to ATS? What records are retained? Would they roll over and provide details to authorities if subpoena'd? Is there an https secure log in to submit such material?

In fact, have there ever been any verified material disclosures on this site? I do see the mods locking out some pretty persistent hoaxers from time-to-time. So maybe they feel they are doing what they can to prevent interference....

Having seen ufo's, there aren't too many options in my opinion. That they are all hoax's is impossible after you see one. That leaves:

1) They have germane explanations and are simply cases of mistaken identity -- better photographs ought to clear this up -- only a matter of camera and telescope technology

2) They are from outer space -- seems the least likely. We have giant vats of mercury sitting around which are used to monitor every little piece of reflective space junk down to the size of a bolt. This is necessary, since such a piece can puncture a satellite or the ISS unless they are moved. Short of UFO's from outer space being cloaked....

3) Military/industrial black ops. Seems likely. If they can, they do. And they can. (Also agrees with various eye witness accounts I am personally familiar with).

Did I miss any other alternatives?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby
reply to post by Ahmose

Thank you Ahmose for taking time to post this.

I am all for open discussion, and the encouragement of new threads trying to prove whatever the OP presents, but threads need to have titles that are apt and if clear proof appears that completely refutes the premise of the thread, then either the OP should accept this and request closure of such thread, or a moderator in the interests of everyone (sic) should close the thread...

Therefore I request the OP requests closure of is thread, or moderator please close.

Hey askbaby~
No problem,
but all thanks goes to studio500, who originally posted the image on the previous page before my post.

And I agree with you completely.
Well said.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There are more credible threads than this one that have been shoved into the Hoax Forum. This one should get the Nobel prize for dishing out such crap. Then why is it still hanging around? Why isn't it in the Hoax Forum? This has been proved beyond doubt that it's a hoax. Are there different sets of rules for threads on ATS?

No wonder ATS is fast heading into the sinkhole! Or probably competing with GLP?

edit on 21-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
Too bad I didn't even get to see the video, now it just makes me think it WAS real. heh.

No,
That means the poster of the video learned (probably from this thread) lol,
that what he was going on about was nothing but a reflection of the telescopes cover.
He must not have known about the "hi-res" version of the image. lol

So,
He saw that he made an ass of himself,
and did the right thing, removed the rubbish. lol

The video was nothing but still images (the same ones you can find all through this thread)
(and him talking), which was absolutely meaningless and unfounded.

All you have to do is go through the freaking thread to see what it really is.
(a reflection of the cover) [ an exact match]

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Human Alien is either on a quest for flags, or just trolling for the LULZ. There's no way in hell that one individual can be deluded enough to believe all of the crackpot topics that he's been spamming the forum with. And if he doesn't believe even one of his ridiculous posts then that constitutes hoaxing IMO.

How long will it be allowed to continue for?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just did a quick screen grab of the image, run a few photoshop light filters through it, and from what I could gather seems identical.

Even without the filters or manipulation of light levels, both the cover and "disc" share similar geometric spaces. Nice pic, but like the 4th horseman of the apocalypse we saw recently, just a funky reflection.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Read the forum rules

Nope, you are completly wrong! If someone believes they have found ufo/et evidence, then there is nothing wrong with posting it on the forum. At the end of the day, people will learn from it and move on, and thats always a good thing. What is more annoying are the people posting on the thread just to say what other people are saying "its a reflection" Is it too much to ask to let the thread die?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Anyone download that video file.
The youtube was removed by the user.
Anyone catch his name or youtube channel.
Please post the channel as well as UFO videos from now on if you
suspect fraud or hoaxing so we can post our displeasure at the
abusers channel.
Just a thought.
ATSers against Youtube fraudulent anti Tesla Illuminati Secret World
Government posters.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sorry -- Double post
[I meant to "Edit" but clicked on "quote" instead -- my real post on the next page]

edit on 3/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join