It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone from Melbourne Australia Must Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
if you know of any vacant positions or have an opening within your business/company can you please get me a job (or put in a decent word) im happy to do any work im 20 years oldi have experience in cabinet making, obilermaking, landscaping, labouring and business relocations, im available any time any day, available to start tomorrow happy to do overtime.

Am geniunely keen to work not a time waster thanks for your time and sorry I had to get you in here like this

And to the mods: I'm sorry I posted in the gray area, I'm just at my wits end and am in dire need of employment I had ran out of resources so please move accordingly (preferably once people have started reading it and posting) cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Good luck buddy! I was in a similar position a while a go. Perseverance is key. You seem to be up for doing anything and that will put you in a better position than alot of other folks.

Starred and Flagged

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm not Australian so couldn't help even if i needed workers, and not that i even own a company anyway..

However i have starred and flagged this thread in the hope it prompts some-one who could possibly help to come and take a look.

All the Best.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Good luck

I too am looking for a job but I live in the states, Florida to be exact and we have one of the worst unemployment rates and there aren't any jobs. I have applied all over and well it's getting to be depressing. I have a job but I work strictly on tips and there are days I leave with 0 after 7hrs of work. It is really stressful going to "work" and not making any money. I feel unemployed even though technically I have a job. I am looking at moving out of state and would move pretty much anywhere but California or anywhere near the New Madrid Fault
yes I am that paranoid about earthquakes.

I wish you all the best in your job hunt

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Maybe you should update your profile. There would be aspects that could open the door (or close some) that might encourage someone to respond.

Sometimes you just have to lay yourself out to the Universe and make a request. I find that the Universe responds better when a person knows what it is they want and is specific in actualizing their request. In other words we create that which we can by way of our thoughts; if we can see it we can create it, and often it creates itself around us as we are actualizing our "dream".

Even if we throw ourselves out there and we land on any given path, there is a good chance they all lead to the same Big Path of running the Body, Mind, and Spirit down to its ultimate fate. Why not choose the lighter path and take it easy for a bit?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hey there mate. Sorry to hear of your situation. Good on you for pursuing even this unlikely avenue for work. I have been in your situation before... in Melbourne as it turns out. If you are up for anything, give cleaning a go. It was the path out of my dilemma at the time and was a far more rewarding job than I had expected.

I would suggest this: ring the Alfred Hospital main desk ( 03 9076 2000) and ask to get put through to cleaning services. You can call anytime, even at 2:00am where you are. Ask to speak to the shift supervisor, (the Cleaning Services Manager is available during daylight hours if you happen to call then). If the Shift Supervisor is not nearby, ask to have him/her paged and to return your call. (Don't bother to ask anyone, including whoever answers the phone, if their is work available. There is almost ALWAYS work available). When you get through to the Supervisor/Manager, explain your predicament and volunteer to work a shift for free so they can check you out. Next shift starts at 6:00am...

PS. If you happen to ring during the day time, ask if Craig is still Managing there. If he is, tell him Darren with the blonde hair who worked there doing isolation cleaning (mostly) a couple of years ago suggested you call.

Call them.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Hardfelt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Mate, i know how ya feel as im only gettin work here and there in northern vic. Havd you tried agencier such as skilled,adecco. I have heard they are good labouring agencies.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

contact or google shell canada (CNRL, Firebag, Albian Sands).... there is lots of work in the canadian oil sands,,I work there and there are lots of Australians working out there in the skilled trades,,1'st year rate in most trades start at about 28/30 an hour canadian. up to 46/50 an hour for 4 year or journeyman rate,, there are lots of temp agency's in Alberta Canada that will find you work in the oil sands,,or even call a local Alberta union they are always looking,,pick a trade and get you ass to Canada.. I could probably help if you were here in Canada,,And if you do get here Drop me a line,,I will see what I can do..

Best of luck..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
S&F because you're making an effort and not giving in. I'm not in Melb myself so can't help directly, but I want to tell you that I admire the positive quality in people and hope you get something soon. Sounds to me like you'd be a great worker to take on.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardfelt
Hey there mate. Sorry to hear of your situation. Good on you for pursuing even this unlikely avenue for work. I have been in your situation before... in Melbourne as it turns out. If you are up for anything, give cleaning a go. It was the path out of my dilemma at the time and was a far more rewarding job than I had expected.

I would suggest this: ring the Alfred Hospital main desk ( 03 9076 2000) and ask to get put through to cleaning services. You can call anytime, even at 2:00am where you are. Ask to speak to the shift supervisor, (the Cleaning Services Manager is available during daylight hours if you happen to call then). If the Shift Supervisor is not nearby, ask to have him/her paged and to return your call. (Don't bother to ask anyone, including whoever answers the phone, if their is work available. There is almost ALWAYS work available). When you get through to the Supervisor/Manager, explain your predicament and volunteer to work a shift for free so they can check you out. Next shift starts at 6:00am...

PS. If you happen to ring during the day time, ask if Craig is still Managing there. If he is, tell him Darren with the blonde hair who worked there doing isolation cleaning (mostly) a couple of years ago suggested you call.

Call them.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Hardfelt because: (no reason given)

this is how its done down here in aus.
screw wanted ads, the best job i ever had were set up like this "give gazza a call and tell him macca told you to call!"

its the best thing about this country.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I work for a bank and I believe we are recruiting at the moment if you are interested. I am not sure how to make contact with a member without the rest of the world seeing, but if you know how to please contact me and I will give you more information.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

As a last resort there is something you could do to get instant cash in hand. Sub contracted door to door sales will start paying you on the first day, you just get the goods then sell them at whatever cost and keep the profit, your first day will most likely be learning so you wont get much but by the third day you'll have learned everything from your trainer.

They are always always looking for people as they have a high turn over rate (its hard work, long hours). Its the type of place you could just walk in any morning and if you look keen they will give you a job that day you can start work and by the afternoon you will have your first pay.

Ive gone back to doing it every now and then when I just needed a few days cash straight away. There are many companies with offices all over the country. I guarantee even if you live in a semi rural area there will still be an office covering your area.
edit on 21-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
thanks for all the replies, sorry dude I just wouldn't fit in bank work but anyone else out there with anything else please help

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Still looking if anyone knows anywhere?

top topics

join