It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

posted on 9-2-2011 @ 03:52 PM this post State testing didn't confirm that algae contributed to a large fish die-off recently on the west side of the Sebastian Inlet. "There was no indication (in water samples from the inlet) that there was an active algae bloom" that reduced oxygen in the water to the point that the fish, principally a bait fish, menhaden, died.

However, "algae blooms (proliferations) can occur and disappear so you cannot see them directly" during lab testing. Expanses of the dead fish are sloshing around on the southwest side of the inlet that links the ocean to the Indian River Lagoon on Friday. State biologists are to continue monitoring the area. Anyone who sees fish gasping for air at the water surface to call the state's hotline. (Florida Today News Online.)

Just for those of you whom are still keeping score.
Spike

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by lonegurkha

not meaning to butt in.....but you could always import seeds from UK / Europe, here in the UK our seeds are mostly okay and aren't Monsanto. There are some great varieties that small growers give good deals on, it's pretty popular here and has been since....forever, sunstinance I guess and the fact there's a rural back garden and allotment tradition.

Would you have any sources that you could send me,I would really appreciate that.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by lonegurkha

not meaning to butt in.....but you could always import seeds from UK / Europe, here in the UK our seeds are mostly okay and aren't Monsanto. There are some great varieties that small growers give good deals on, it's pretty popular here and has been since....forever, sunstinance I guess and the fact there's a rural back garden and allotment tradition.

Would you have any sources that you could send me,I would really appreciate that.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The National Environmental Management Authority (Nema), Public Health Ministry and Kenya Wildlife Service are investigating the deaths of fish in Mara River. Conservationists suspect the deaths that started last week might have been caused by agro chemicals from farms, that drain into the river. Hoteliers in Masai Mara Game Reserve are now expressing fear that the chemicals might kill animals that depend on the river.

Source

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow this is very strange. I wonder if there isn't more of these mass animal die offs being kept from the people each day. I notice in January there was a animal die off each day or so. Now well its kind of the same but you just don't see it in the news that often.

I'm sorry I read the article and I just don't understand. I don't understand why the scientists are saying that it was due to a chemical being released from a farm. I get it, I just don't understand why they are stating it like that is in fact what killed the fish. Sounds like bs.
edit on 20-2-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Perhaps a pole shift and a magnetic shift caused the fist to die. IDK, but maybe fish have some sort of magnetic field/reader or something. Perhaps I am blowing puffer fish in the ass? lol. just some alternative viewpoints

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Human_Alien

Can you give me the name and qualifications
of the person or persons who counted the 5 million animals?

How long did it take them to count them,
and how did they make sure they did not
count the same animal twice?

How long did it take to count them, did they stay in a
local hotel for the week they were counting.

The highest I ever counted to, one number at a time, was 1000.

You should try extrapolation... Let's you count much higher with a great degree of accuracy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join