It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya

thewatchers.adorraeli.com

The National Environmental Management Authority (Nema), Public Health Ministry and Kenya Wildlife Service are investigating the deaths of fish in Mara River. Conservationists suspect the deaths that started last week might have been caused by agro chemicals from farms, that drain into the river. Hoteliers in Masai Mara Game Reserve are now expressing fear that the chemicals might kill animals that depend on the river.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Why can't someone who is the spokesperson for these millions of die-offs just say, 'we don't know'? But let's take this a step further and contemplate WHY the weather is killing these animals if that's what they're really saying in between the lines.

Surely we've gone through Sun cycles before. In fact, I believe the one in 2003 set off a massive CME and if memory serves me correct, I don't recall reading about weekly animal kill-offs.
I might be wrong but, I don't think so.

But this one?......from "chemicals from a farm"??

Again, if these MASSIVE deaths were occurring let's say, once every other month then yeah, maybe it's just a freak accident or a fluke in the extreme weather, but this is happening weekly. And greatly. And, from all over the globe.

I wonder if these deaths fall close on a similar meridian line? I'll check that out and report back if I find a correlation!

thewatchers.adorraeli.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oh.....if these aquatic animals are dying from chemicals or viruses or lack of oxygen (or whatever other explanation de jour is) I would certainly think twice before purchasing and/or eating anything coming out of these oceans from now on!!!

As it is, we hardly trust what's being pumped into these animals who get paid per pound when the starving farmer sells them off. They are injected with hormones, steroids and god knows what other bulk-inducing chemicals!

I think it's time to get back to eating organic if not vegetarian! Although.....Monsanto is making that's option undesirable, unsafe and totally unnatural!

Oh man, 2012 can't come soon enough (if there is anything to that year) because Earth cannot continue down this horrific and dangerous paths she's on. Don't get me wrong, Earth is doing everything right. Modern man is blowing it!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Something else to consider.
Farming has largely become controlled by mega corporations that you can count on one hand. Because these mega corporations are allowed to operate outside of the law (in a very practical sense), there is very little oversight into their practices. The nature of the corporations is to cut costs, and the mega corp. (Monsanto comes to mind) have shown little regard for preserving the natural world in their quest for larger and larger profits. So, if they have developed a cheaper pesticide that just happens to be extremely toxic outside of the scope for which it was designed? Oh well.
Increasingly, we are at their mercy because we have nothing left of government oversight in the public interest. Many scientists are on the payroll of big corp., whether it be agriculture, pharmaceuticals, geoengineering, climatology, whatever.
Good news is home gardens are going to explode in popularity. But will the air be fit to breathe and the water be fit to drink?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Can you give me the name and qualifications
of the person or persons who counted the 5 million animals?

How long did it take them to count them,
and how did they make sure they did not
count the same animal twice?

How long did it take to count them, did they stay in a
local hotel for the week they were counting.

The highest I ever counted to, one number at a time, was 1000.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

you are joking right

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Simple... it's a magnetic pole realignment. I'm not sure why they just won't come out and say it!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

Something else to consider.
Farming has largely become controlled by mega corporations that you can count on one hand. Because these mega corporations are allowed to operate outside of the law (in a very practical sense), there is very little oversight into their practices. The nature of the corporations is to cut costs, and the mega corp. (Monsanto comes to mind) have shown little regard for preserving the natural world in their quest for larger and larger profits. So, if they have developed a cheaper pesticide that just happens to be extremely toxic outside of the scope for which it was designed? Oh well.
Increasingly, we are at their mercy because we have nothing left of government oversight in the public interest. Many scientists are on the payroll of big corp., whether it be agriculture, pharmaceuticals, geoengineering, climatology, whatever.
Good news is home gardens are going to explode in popularity. But will the air be fit to breathe and the water be fit to drink?

But home gardens have to be seeded with Monsanto seeds, right? It's a against the law for farmers to hoard their own seeds now!!!
Seed companies like Burpee are about to go extinct.

One world government with one iron fist controlling everything.
It's disgustingly pathetic and scary!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

Can you give me the name and qualifications
of the person or persons who counted the 5 million animals?

How long did it take them to count them,
and how did they make sure they did not
count the same animal twice?

How long did it take to count them, did they stay in a
local hotel for the week they were counting.

The highest I ever counted to, one number at a time, was 1000.

Probably the same people who've counted 6,775,235,741 people on this planet I would imagine!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That picture doesn't not seem to be the Mara-river. I could be wrong though.....But I highly doubt it.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I don't use Monsanto or any hybrid seed. I use mostly heirloom seed, and I save seed from my vegetables. No one is going to come tell me what I can plant.
That is a big problem with people. We can't do this, we can't do that, it is illegal.
F*ck them.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

But home gardens have to be seeded with Monsanto seeds, right? It's a against the law for farmers to hoard their own seeds now!!!

Seed companies like Burpee are about to go extinct

If you check into it you will find that Burpee along with allot of other seed companies are owned by Monsanto.Even some of the so called heritage seed companies are owned by them.We have researched this cause we want to plant real heritage seeds.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I don't use Monsanto or any hybrid seed. I use mostly heirloom seed, and I save seed from my vegetables. No one is going to come tell me what I can plant.
That is a big problem with people. We can't do this, we can't do that, it is illegal.
F*ck them.

I'm with you on that one.Screw them I'll do what I want.Thing is Monsanto is behind the whole thing.They pay the politicians through their lobbists.Keep an eye on which politicians are getting rich from taking payoffs.The lobby system has to go.It's the main reason the government is so crooked.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Pretty much speechless on the dead mammals - just got up and starting to read the thread.

I too will plant what I want on my property - no one is going to tell me what I can and cannot do when it comes to food - we all have to survive the best way we can.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

edit on 20-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: Another double post day.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

F*ck them.

That, alone, tells me that you are the kind of Texan that makes me proud to be Texan.

F*ck them, indeed.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The die offs are being caused by a few different symptoms of the same phenomenon. Magnetic Reversal is a very powerful and deadly phenomenon. You see increased underwater volcanic and tectonics killing marine life, magnetic anomalies are killing birds. There are also some planet crashes as well, but those have been covered up and blamed on other causes for a few years now.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Again, what an excellent piece of deliberate(?) fearmongering!!
5 Stars, Agent! *Salute* (but not as good as your last few)

From your source:

He urged the Government to rein in farmers along the river who use potent chemicals and claimed that despite several complaints to Nema no action has been taken.
(my emphasis)

If it had been anyone else, I'd have simply passed the thread by, but seeing as you are very keen to post disinfo on this site (and seem to genuinely enjoy creating fear in the gulliable...), I feel obliged to post.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I have read many articles/threads on the dying animals. Most of the posts I read, people are beginning to wonder "why". And maybe we should ask why.

Most of the news articles don't come up with a solid conclusion. By the time you finish the news article, you are still left with no answer. Even this article doesn't really know. It seems like we never hear the answer even months later. So it's not a wonder why folks ponder the news articles reasoning on their theory.

The sudden change of weather that resulted into heavy mist covering the water surface, inhibiting fish and other animals that depend on the river from breathing might have been the cause of the deaths,” said Tambushi. He did not rule out poisonous agro chemicals from farms, which depended on Mara River for irrigation.

I see no fear in this thread. I find it informative. Sounds to me like the OP is just stating his opinion about a true case of millions of dead animals...just like many of the other dead animal threads.

I am concerned of how this will affect the food chain. It's bound too in one way or another. We all should be aware of our world's delicate balance...we are all connected to it. If the mass die-offs continue, then where/how will you find food? If you plant your own garden, the insects can destroy it since there aren't as many birds/fish/animals to eat the insects!

You may want to consider reading a few so that you can see that many folks post their own thoughts on what is happening with the animal die-offs.

Your quote....

If it had been anyone else, I'd have simply passed the thread by, but seeing as you are very keen to post disinfo on this site (and seem to genuinely enjoy creating fear in the gulliable...), I feel obliged to post.

edit on 20-2-2011 by SkunkSense because: Added a couple lines and quote.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

not meaning to butt in.....but you could always import seeds from UK / Europe, here in the UK our seeds are mostly okay and aren't Monsanto. There are some great varieties that small growers give good deals on, it's pretty popular here and has been since....forever, sunstinance I guess and the fact there's a rural back garden and allotment tradition.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join