It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of Men? What's Happening in America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I am not sure perhaps they wish to instill subconsciously that men are weak and can't think. So if something ever should arise men will second guess themselves, afraid to speak out in case they might appear ignorant. Also, women are not running households like that and telling their men how to practically wipe their backends. I think most will find that there is a good balance in the houses of those that are 50 yrs old and younger.
When we allow society to lean too far in one direction we loose our prospective on reality.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
And just for the record as I am sure most have figured out already...I am a female that is confident in my role as a human. My husband and I live as equals and raise our children that way too. We talk about media representations to them and explain to question all they see.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The majority of the workforce still earns less....Where does the equal pay for equal jobs come in?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

All things must end one day. And yes there will be an end to men one day, and women as well. But this is not that day or era so really, your just seeing things op. Or to be more precise your not seeing the whole picture.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Oh, this topic is RIFE with male hatred....

Ima gonna haveta Pop a couple of bubbles here.... Sistas.

Earlier this year, women became the majority of the workforce for the first time in U.S. history. Most managers are now women too. And for every two men who get a college degree this year, three women will do the same.

Yeah, you are right... but look at those numbers!

Gender Studies Degrees don't really mean anything to an economy... honestly.

But I digress.... you see the numbers for Math, Engineering, and Science?

Ya, Most All men...

Then, you get all the women who wanted to be Teachers, Librarians, Social Service Workers, and Psychologists... those fields are dominated by women.

But the Fields that actually PRODUCE WEALTH (We call it, "Value Added"... it means turning Sand into a microprocessor)

Those fields are all dominated... *DOMINATED* by Men.

So...

Since 2000, manufacturing has lost almost 6 million jobs, more than a third of its total workforce, and has taken in few young workers. Manual labor jobs are drying up. American men need to become adaptable to new workforce trends.

What "Workforce Trend" are you talking about specifically?

is it the "The Economy is tanking, and we will all be out of jobs soon" workforce trend?

Ya... lol.

Or, perhaps you are talking about the "We don't need to manufacture anything to export to other nations in exchange for the oil imports that our society is Dependant upon" "Workforce Trend"

Unless you want to start exporting people with Humanities Degrees... lol.

But then again, I don't think they will be worth much.

Not to mention, that women have more student loans than men.

www.cgsnet.org/portals/0/pdf/DataSources_2009_11.pdf

And here is some interesting statistics on college enrollment (From 1992 to 2001 unfortunately) but it DOES show that women are more likely to pick low paying fields such as liberal arts and the humanities.

OH, and let's not even mention all of the advocacy groups that give *ONLY* women money to go to college... where there exists no "Male Only" counterpart, because that would be sexist.

www.financialaidfinder.com...

And there appears to be a trend when it comes to sperm selection and in-vitro fertilization: For the first time since this practice began, more couples are chosing girls when it comes to selecting the gender of their child. This is an interesting trend, because "the first born son" has been the organizing principle since civilization started.

OH really? Is that synonymous with the destruction of men?

Really?

I don't think that means what you think it means... actually...

Man has been the dominant sex since, well, the dawn of mankind. But for the first time in human history, that is changing—and with shocking speed..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sociologists are studying whether or not the economics of this era are better suited to women: Look at these most recent facts:

Yes... Lets:

Women now hold the majority of the nations's jobs.

Uhm... No.

Women dominate today’s colleges and professional schools—for every two men who will receive a B.A. this year, three women will do the same.

Yeah... in the Humanities, or Liberal Arts... LOL!

Listen, If you are just going to COPY PASTE your entire article from another source, you could at least have the decency to provide a link with all that garbage.

Or, you know... Research before you post....

OP'S SOURCE ARTICLE:

www.theatlantic.com...

I'm just saying, is all...

edit on 23-2-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: code, spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Interesting statistics, graphs and charts... and a good argument.

But you didn't really win.

And no, my post was not "rife with male hatred." Don't hate men at all. I think at ATS we can have open discussions about trends and news items without putting the "hate" word in it. Discussion and debate are good things.

There have been many, many, news articles and discussion in this country about men's role in society. This debate has been going on for several years and the statistics are clear: there are more women in the workforce right now than there are men. And more women are earning degrees than men in colleges and universities.

This trend has been discussed in the NYT, the Economist, USA Today and Newsweek. I am not going to link to every article.

All one has to do is Google it.

Thanks for posting.
edit on 25-2-2011 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
PS

You seem a little angry.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Let me go ahead and Explain something to you, so that you'll be sure to get it.

You got your entire original post, word for word, from the article "The End of Men" that has been floating around the Internet since 2010, originally posted on the Atlantic (That I provided the link to), that was authored by Hanna Rosin.

Hanna Rosin (*JEWISH*), in her article, portrayed the absolute WORST of un-researched drivel, political maneuvering, and unabashed Misandry. (That means the Hatred of Men, by the way)

Every word out of her mouth, or that she puts onto paper is completely fabricated emotional drivel, with no basis in reality more substantial than her own self-centered sense of superiority for having a Vagina.

Your source is Crap, Your article is Crap, it's author that you took it from is Crap.

They are Ignorant.

Have a nice day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join