It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can say less in a paragraph than many can in one line...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I don't mind the one line replies a lot of times. Sometimes they are witty and to the point. Sometimes they are just what was needed! I suppose this is why the mods often let em slide.

RANT

But what really bothers me are the people who write a whole paragraph saying absolutely nothing at all. Especially the people who are just trying to bash the OP or some other group involved in the post. Instead of formulating an intelligent reply with reasons why the person is wrong or they disagree we just get a paragraph talking about how stupid something is.

Well It might be common knowledge these people are stupid, but they still irritate me!

How about a long story designed specifically to irritate another poster. But of course it proves a point! Right? Wrong you idiot! All it shows us is that you're good at being irritating.

Want to prove a point how about logic? Granted these people don't understand logic themselves so they couldn't use it to formulate an argument.

Instead we get the following (This is just a combination of about 20 different posts I've seen on various topics):
I think X is evil and the reason for the downfall of the US society. If X would just go away we would all be so much happier. I really hope all you all you people supporting X know what you're doing! One day you will all understand what you have done when the spiritual presence of Y is known!

??? No we don't know anything about what you just said!

Or we get the ever present long discussion about how wonderful something is another poster just gave a good reason why it was bad.

OP Coca Cola is bad for you and causes cancer.

Reply: I love coke it is wonderful I am cracking a coke right now yum yum, watch as I drink my coke with chips and salsa it is all very wonderful you don't know what you're missing OP.

Here is where I curse at this person but don't type it to stay within T&C.

Why not just say nothing or give a reason you don't care!

If you're going to say something please try to at least say something someone might want to read that actually adds to a conversation.

And what Pees me off the most are how many stars some of these things get! That means there are a lot of people out there who don't feel like typing nothing but they would be happy to agree with the nothing that was just typed!!!!

/RANT
edit on 20-2-2011 by Jinglelord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

It seems that you have proven you own point.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
reply to post by Jinglelord

It seems that you have proven you own point.

ZING!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Ha ha you showed that guy! ... wait a minute .. oh man.

Well at least I was able to prove something today.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
We should keep this thread going simply because of the ironic nature of the thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

That means it is a good rant though! If a rant has substance it needs to go somewhere else where they welcome that kinda stuff.

Substance needs to stay away from the rant forum or your wasting the time of everyone who wants to read mindless angry complaining.

new topics

top topics

join