It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help with idea,, "most "starred" comment search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
hello members/staff

would it be possible to have another function of "tools"? or another way of gauging ATS activity

i wondered if we could have another way of finding posts by members according to the "star" count.
it was my good fortune to have had my personal "star" count go up dramatically over night...lol
but dang-if-I-know-why..
with the search function, i can find posts from any member, myself included.. but to find the "starred"
comment,, would be really handy,,as it is now ,, i found it impossible without re-reading EVERY post i made in that day...
for me, if i knew what i said, that was well regarded, it could (in some small way) train me to keep improving
my post content for the betterment of us all.. but to have in additional way of visually scanning content of
topics getting flags--or topics getting replies,, how about -posts getting stars, or highest rated comment,
(by star count) in a day,, or some other way of spotlighting the most concurred, understood, coherent,(stared)
or agreed with post of the day,, within the topic, forum. or within the thread..

i hope my brambling after a long day with kids,, is clear to somebody..LOL

Thank You ATS and members..

my well exercised brain,, thanks you all.....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Like this ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7283988e65b9.jpg[/atsimg]

A totally of topic reply, but most starred of the page. ( I've seen posts with countless stars saying nothing more then a word or line.)

Or do you like to see this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac16363d3030.jpg[/atsimg]

Which can be found here ----> The Cloud project.

Stars don't say nothing about your posts, but it does say something of those who read it.

PS

Thank you for the oppertunity to promote my thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I think the stars distract from one's heart felt views of a topic. Who's going to speak their mind 100% when they know they're being judged by many. I feel it takes away from the depth and honesty of the conversation. JMHO Although I usually could care less what others think of my PC.

edit on 20-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I looked through your posts for the last few days and I can't see any with a huge amount of stars.
I can only assume that the stars were from the post you made on a thread yesterday that has now been taken down.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

thx dave
it was a few days ago,, i seamed to get about 100 stars..??!!!

oh well just latenight thinking,, yesterday

top topics

join