It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid-Comet Elenin-1811- Possible Correlation between Comets and Earthquakes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
With all the posts about a possible major earthquake happening at the new madrid fault line, I started to wonder if there was a connection between the Great Comet of 1811 and the 1811 New Madrid earthquake

The New Madrid seismic zone earthquakes of 1811-1812 may not have been caused by strictly run-of-the-mill seismic activity. This is a study into the possibility that some Near Earth Object (NEO), such as the Great Comet of 1811, was an outside-the-box crustal stressor. If a NEO involvement is found, then some fear of the unknown about the timing of the next big one may come to be dispelled.

Based on this theory I began to think about cycles and I wonder if Comet ELEnin may coincide with an New Madrid earthquake in 2011-2012

Do the recent FEMA camp preperations and the government's recent decision to do a Nation Level Exercise (NLE) in May to prepare or train for an upcoming earthquake.

The recent spur in earthquake activity in Arkansas and with the approachment of Comet Elenin I started to wonder if there could be connection between The Great Comet- Comet Elenin and the earthquakes of 1811 and 2011.

According to the Orbit Diagram of Comet Elenin we should witness the tail of comet streaking across the sky.

If there is a connection between comets and earthquakes then the next reasonable question would be to ask what?

Enter the electric comet theory which can be explained in full detail here

Electric Comet Explained

For generations astronomers have viewed comets as one of the most scientifically important phenomena in space. Comets are thought to be "Rosetta Stones" through which the early history of our solar system can be gleaned.

We've been told for many decades that comets are loose aggregates of ice and dirt that originated billions of years ago in an ancient "Oort cloud". A falsification of this model would signifiay an extraordinary jolt to the space sciences.

Without any official acknowledgement from instutional science, the standard model of comets has been falsified, and repeatedly so.

" It's a mystery to me how comets work at all. "
- Donald Brownlee, principal investigator of NASA's Stardust mission.

But a different view of comets has been far more successful at predicting comet discoveries. In this model, it is electricity that accounts for the comets behaviors that have so deeply puzzled mainstream astronomers

I do not claim to know all information as fact or truth, however, there are a lot of signs that I see and feel and maybe these correlations can help someone

edit on 20-2-2011 by ADUB77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Two questions:

1. Is elenin being observed constantly?
2. WHy can't I find any pictures of said elenin?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
Two questions:

1. Is elenin being observed constantly?
2. WHy can't I find any pictures of said elenin?

Very good questions, that I do not have the answers to.

Sorry, if you find a photo or some information be sure to update me

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

I assume that if scientists have projected Elenin's movements that they are watching it intently considering it will pass near Earth. But that makes it strange, because if they are watching, we should have pictures, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by ADUB77

I assume that if scientists have projected Elenin's movements that they are watching it intently considering it will pass near Earth. But that makes it strange, because if they are watching, we should have pictures, right?

I understand what you are saying, but this thread is not pertaining to an actual comet hitting earth, although "apparently" the 1811 comet broke into two

What is being theorized is that the comets may have electric properties that would either modify/disrupt normal magnetic activity.

Once the comet comes closer to the sun it will take on more of a positive charge.Now can that increase in electricity effect a planetary body like a short circuit effect?

Well what is space? It isn't air, I would say it is closer to water, and as you know any electricity would effect the entire volume of water

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

Yeah sorry I got off topic. I just read and searched, didn't find, then asked.

Thing is that space isn't really like water. I'm not sure if it contains anything other than random positive/negative ions and neutrinos(?) that are radiating from the sun. Even if that is the case, then yeah if the comet has an electrical charge so to speak then it would definitely interact with those ions... and if it is large enough and passes close enough then it could certainly induce our magnetosphere and possibly attract/repulse it, basically disturb it, which could possibly result in catastrophy. And regardless of its charge, if it came close enough then it would certainly cause trouble simply by its gravity or by it charge, as if it is attractive, then it would couple with the gravity and makes its influence even more present on Earth, and if it is repulsive, then (I'm just thinking pretty commonly here), I would think it would force pressure on the surface of the Earth, and depending on where the comet passes, for example if it were around the Equator, it could displace the water surplus and cause water levels to rise for a range of time, or if it passed over the southern US, where fracking is overused, then the added pressure could cause those weak spots in the crust to cave in on itself. I think if water displacement occured, the crust underneath the GoM and southern US would still suffer as such, which predictably would cause the New Madrid to go haywire due the mass displacement...and well....you'll get the butterfly effect by on a massive scale.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hey I also just spent some time looking for pics of 'Elenin'. I didn't find any photos of said comet, but I did find this Orbit Diagram of NEO (Near Earth Object) "2000 pn9"...which very well could be this Elenin. This is the closest thing to come by the Earth in a while, let's hope your 'theory' isn't so true
Object 2000pn9 Keep up the good works.
edit on 20-2-2011 by futurekid2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2011 by futurekid2012 because: (Edited because the 'tinyurl link wouldn't work at first)

edit on 20-2-2011 by futurekid2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by asperetty

Yes.
www.sott.net...

Dont worry if Phage has a sniff of it! It will be logical and with a forward reasoning that will discount any ,"mumbo jumbo or Hocus Pocus!" Phage the lone voice in the wilderness that is ATS. And dont at all think I am being a sycophant! On the contrary I am seeker of truth... :-)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If you click on the link in my signature about Comet Elenin. You will find pictures and lots of information.
There are also lots of theory's and wild coincidences.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
This is a study into the possibility that some Near Earth Object (NEO), such as the Great Comet of 1811,

But the comet of 1811 was not a NEO
Indeed, many subsequent comets have come much closer.

WHy can't I find any pictures of said elenin?

Because it's too far away, and too faint - only as it approaches the sun will it develop a tail and possibly become bright enough to be seen from Earth - which I hope it does as it's a few years since I've been abe to photo a comet

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The actual 1811 comet is not due back till 4886 but if comets are like earthquakes then Elenin might be an aftercomet in reonance with the 1811 comet? The Earth will be passing through the tail of Elenin on 6 November. I'm not sure of the exact time or place the typical comet related meteor showers will peak. Could occur East of the UK or west of West point,NY or right over Japan.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by ADUB77
This is a study into the possibility that some Near Earth Object (NEO), such as the Great Comet of 1811,

But the comet of 1811 was not a NEO
Indeed, many subsequent comets have come much closer.

WHy can't I find any pictures of said elenin?

Because it's too far away, and too faint - only as it approaches the sun will it develop a tail and possibly become bright enough to be seen from Earth - which I hope it does as it's a few years since I've been abe to photo a comet

Well I guess it is what one considers a NEO. Considering the said vastness of the universe, I would believe any comet in our solar system would be considered a NEO.

If everything in our solar system serves as a purpose to our existence, which I am not saying it does, then I would believe that a comet coming into the equillibriam will cause distrubance.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I related the 1896-1907 earthquakes to tunguska in this thread.....I think this could be useful to you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join