It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Man Moves to Foreclose on Wells Fargo Over Mortgage... & won!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Mods, I was not sure where to put this so please move it if it's in the wrong place.

I did a search & couldn't find anything, but I apologize in advance if this has already been posted.

When a Philadelphia man became fed up with his bank for failing to respond to his mortgage questions, he took them to court and won. In a twist that will warm the hearts of millions with underwater loans, he moved to foreclose on Wells Fargo's local office.

How many times does someone take their bank to court & win? I am not an expert on any of this but thought that some may appreciate this story.

So he went to court, citing the law, and received a $1,173 judgment against Wells Fargo. The bank did not respond to his action and he won a default judgment. Then Rodgers placed a sheriff's levy against Wells Fargo's local mortgage office for the judgment, plus interest.

Article

Not sure how to embed videos yet but here's the link to his CNN interview:
www.youtube.com...

His Fox interview:
www.youtube.com...

& his CBS interview:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 19/2/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I saw that. Who would have thought?
Pretty smart move in my opinion!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Finally it's about time Americans standing up for the greedy bankers. I give congrats to the man for having the balls to stand up against corporate banking

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

No kidding! I'm sure his actions will give a lot of people the ability to keep their homes.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack

No kidding! I'm sure his actions will give a lot of people the ability to keep their homes.

Not so fast, this was not about the man losing his home it was about a fee that was tacked on to his mortgage... He sued for roughly 1000 dollars in damages and won and Wells Fargo did end up paying him for the said damages.

I know it sounds really good but to be honest this case is not as big as it is cracked up to be. Look for updated articles on this case and you will see nothing really came of it other than the man getting his money which is less than pocket change to these chumps.
edit on 20-2-2011 by TV_Nation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Very cool, now how much time and trouble did this man put in to get his $1200.?
I would imagine if you divided his hourly wage by the number of hours invested he lost.
But to each his own i guess.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack

Not so fast, this was not about the man losing his home it was about a fee that was tacked on to his mortgage... He sued for roughly 1000 dollars in damages and won and Wells Fargo did end up paying him for the said damages.

I know it sounds really good but to be honest this case is not as big as it is cracked up to be. Look for updated articles on this case and you will see nothing really came of it other than the man getting his money which is less than pocket change to these chumps.
edit on 20-2-2011 by TV_Nation because: (no reason given)

You are correct. My mistake.

top topics

join