It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First in the Nation: Idaho House Passes Health Care Nullification

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

People like you are why I support intelligence testing before allowing you to vote. Your population is supposed to be represented by the members of the house of representatives. Guess what? California has many more representatives then does Idaho. Now, do you know the purpose of the senate? Try reading a history or civics book sometime. The senate is SUPPOSED to be the "voice of the several states". In other words, your senators are NOT supposed to be representing you. They are supposed to represent the states. Each state was given an equal voice in the senate, as each was "theoretically" equally sovereign. It was a sad day for the Constitution when senators began to be directly elected.

edit on 20-2-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here is Texas' proposed bill.

www.legis.state.tx.us...

And for all the people crying that it is unconstitutional, read the first section of the bill:

(1) the people of the several states comprising the United States of America created the federal government as their agent for certain enumerated purposes, and nothing more; (2) the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution defines the total scope of federal power as that which has been delegated by the people of the several states to the federal government, and all power not expressly delegated to the federal government in the United States Constitution is reserved to the states respectively, or to the people themselves; and (3) the assumption of power by the federal government in enacting the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (H.R. 3590; Pub. L. No. 111-148) as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (H.R. 4872; Pub. L. No. 111-152) interferes with the right of the people of this state to regulate health care as they determine is appropriate, and makes a mockery of James Madison's assurance in Federalist Paper Number 45 that the powers delegated to the federal government are "few and defined" while those that remain in the state governments are "numerous and indefinite."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
And to cut the supremacy clause criers off at the pass, it is referring to lass which are constitutional. Where in the Constitution does it say the government can do this?

The Constitution limits the governments, but frees the people. Not the other way around.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Wow! That's awesome! Now if they can get rid of early childhood education,social security, medicade, and all those useless programs that help the disabled, unemployed and the poor ....this country would be on the right track toward saving money.

And we could improve the population as well by culling out the needy and the sick.

Only the strongest will survive...like in nature Survival of the fittest is really the only way to keep your country strong and lean.
The remainder will be the healthiest and they will all be like mighty warriors!

and het country will disintigrate - a country needs a certain amount of altruism to hold together - it is, ultimately, a society living by an agreed set of rules, if those rules are "every man for himself, and please have your credit card ready when you call the police" it'll last less time than a Mid-east dictator trying to walk through a central public square.

Societies rely upon mutual co-operation, mainly in the form of laws.

Take them away and yuo no longer have a society.

So much for the "sovereignty" of states if that ever happens!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

By calling for States to start jumping on a bandwagon against the Federal Government you ARE sparking movements "like" in the Middle East and Africa.

And? What is your point? I don't think you have one.

Pick a path and stick with it.

I did. Learn how to read between the lines, buddy.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh that's AWESOME!

I surely hope the other states take up the banner and run with it!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

funny how the people in idaho don't outlaw social security and medicare payments to the federal government. i say the federal government should no longer send ANY, NADA, NO, money to idaho whatsoever. cut ALL monies from the federal government, including subsidies for farming, ranching, parks, wildlife preserves, corporations, fish and game, minerals and mining,... etc...i live in california and 1/3 of all our federal taxes taken out of this state DO NOT come back to california...we are subsidizing states like idaho, wyoming, montana...F'em...and with the little amount of population, i think their 2 senators in congress should be reduced to 1...why should they have grossly more representative power in the U.S. senate than our state of california...the least we could do is cut that representation by half, while still preserving a voice in the U.S. senate.
i can see it now, the new idaho invitation to move there..."if you're wealthy or own land, come on in, you will benefit our state...if you're poor or lower class, keep the hell out, unless you want to take your chances, working part time, for crap wages".

What? You think it's OK to pass an unconstitutional measure and then strong-arm the people into accepting it??? The feds should wave their currency-formed penile member in a show of force on an unwilling populace?

Really!?!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It sure appears that We The People are starting to get our country back! I sure hope this isn't a red herring!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DonnaLynn

Not so much as a red herring for me.

FOr me, I hope that we the people do not lose steam and slide back into complacency.

We have gone a long way, but we have just left the starting line.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

By calling for States to start jumping on a bandwagon against the Federal Government you ARE sparking movements "like" in the Middle East and Africa.

And? What is your point? I don't think you have one.

Pick a path and stick with it.

I did. Learn how to read between the lines, buddy.

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Even if it does get shot down, I admire the courage by the people of Idaho and their representatives to challenge the over-expansion of power by the Federal Government. I hope to see more of this in more states. Until more states start jumping on the bandwagon and standing up for not only their rights as autonomous regions, but also for their people, these measures will continue to be vetoed by the Supreme Court. Only when the numbers of the states in opposition of the Federal Government become too great will it be impossible for them to override state law without sparking movements like we are seeing in the Middle East and Africa right now.

Not only can I read...I can pick out a contradiction. Buddy is it? I'll assume everyone writing is male too.
Maybe you don't know what you want yourself ...uprising, no uprising...and so the confusion. You at first urge folks to challenge the Federal Government and fight as autonomous regions..... then you suggest this as a means to avoid uprisings..."without sparking movements like we see in the Middle East and Africa"

It is difficult enough for me to read your "lines" let alone try and guess what you mean between them.

edit on 20-2-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The question of states rights was settled when the North won the civil war--that's a fact! There's talk of Texas seceding from the union--come on MAN! Even Rick Perry the Gov talked about it last year when he was making his run for re-election. I applaud them for their bold move to stand-up to the gov't on this issue. I'm not really sure if this bill would have helped or hurt. I still haven't been able to determine the facts. All we hear is the vitriol from both parties. The republicans had a chance to get something done with health care when Gdub was first elected and they had some control. The dems at least made something happen and like i said before, i'm not sure if it was a good thing or not, but they made it happen...just my two cents..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join