It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wis Doctors Hand Out Fake Excuses to Protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Great lie busting, Lucidity!

I'm beginning to wonder if anything coming from Fox News is ever accurate. This was truly pathetic.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
As to the validity of the video, I read this yesterday.

The article is here, from msnbc

Doctors from numerous hospitals set up a station near the Capitol to provide notes covering public employees' absences.
Family physician Lou Sanner, 59, of Madison, said he had given out hundreds of notes.
Many of the people he spoke with seemed to be suffering from stress, he said.

"What employers have a right to know is if the patient was assessed by a duly licensed physician about time off of work," Sanner said.
"Employers don't have a right to know the nature of that conversation or the nature of that illness. So it's as valid as every other work note that I've written for the last 30 years."

And, apparently, the doctor's employer is concerned, as they have launched an investigation into the good doctor's actions.

Reports that a Madison doctor handed out medical excuse notes to hundreds of protesters at the Capitol this weekend have prompted investigations from the doctor's employer.

Lou Sanner of Madison practices family medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.

UW Health says any doctors who distributed such materials did so on their own behalf. It says officials are looking into the matter.

Link

Hoax bin?
I think not.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So nI guess MSNBC is lying too................funny to the other nay sayers, I thought only Fox did that? Seems like anything is o.k. for the left to pull, now they can lie too..............oops!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

The jury's still out on this one, and thank Erica for finding the possible alternative scenario. I'm just being my skeptical self.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Does it matter who lies? Is the point here to get at the truth or to get one over on the other "side?"

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The truth should be the ultimate goal, unfortuneatly in todays political climate, it's not how it works. And at times I'm just as guilty as anybody of partisanship. However, there are two sides to this and it seems the administration as well as alot of the media are playing it very hard to the left and ignoring their own actions.
edit on 20-2-2011 by adifferentbreed because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The doctors should have their licenses pulled.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fraud perpetrated on many levels... Since I could not have said it better, I will quote a response from the original story...

Bernard F. Micke Reply:
February 20th, 2011 at 6:20 PM

"Conspiracy to commit a crime….

Definition: two or more people knowingly conspiring to commit a crime and then committing an overt act in furtherance of that crime, providing that one or more of the conspirators have the ability and opportunity to commit the crime contemplated. The crime of conspiracy commonly converts an otherwise simple misdemeanor into a felony.

The crime contemplated: payroll fraud. The overt act: issuing and accepting a knowingly fraudulent document under the authority of a medical license. The ability to commit the crime: being employed by the state or local government as a teacher who is required to submit a doctors affirmation to justify paid time off. There is no requirement that the employee actually submit the false document, only that they could do so. The elements of the crime of conspiracy have already been committed.

A conviction for the crime of conspiracy should cause the loss of the Doctor’s MD. license for some period and the loss of the Teacher’s teaching credentials for some period at the very least. Certainly dismissal of the teacher is called for. A suspended jail sentence would be appropriate as well for both the Teacher and the Doctor so that a subsequent criminal act would send them directly to jail."

Link

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hoax??? Don't think so...

edit on 20-2-2011 by kozmo because: trying to post video

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And here would be a picture of Dr. Lou Sanner, right from the U.W. Health website

He sure looks like the doctor in the video, now doesn't he?

You know which one:
"Do you wanna get in the middle of this, do you wanna get in the middle of this?"

That's right, that doctor.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I guess that's one problem with the authoritarian's embrace of licensing "experts" -- what they say goes, they are the experts, right?
You can't really call these "fake" excuses because the licensed expert (doctor) gets to say who's sick, doesn't have to say how, or why, and this is all part of a system that is as corrupt and full of double-standards as one could imagine. Now, when the public workers are using this system to their advantage, we're all up at arms, but it's a joke.

When the rules don't fit the agenda, you'd like to change them, eh?

The doctor says who's sick. Period.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

Hmm, so enabling them is o.k.?
Yup, liberal agendas never change.......

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

“I asked this doctor what he was doing and he told me they were handing out excuses to people who were feeling sick due to emotional, mental or financial distress,” said Christian Hartsock. “They never performed an exam–he asked me how I was feeling today and I said I’m from California and I’m not used to the cold, so he handed me a note.”

Christian Hartsock. Not exactly unbiased reporting here either. In fact, he helped governor Christie screw the unions in NJ too, after their pension money was stolen.

I'm sure there will be more.
edit on 2/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have two thoughts on this. First, there is a lot of video of the protesters. If someone presents a doctor's note to their employer and is caught on video running around chanting, marching and appearing completely healthy, they should be disciplined.

However (and this brings up my second thought), a better plan of action might be employed, for those who present a note with a mental or psychological excuse. Because a school district could be subjecting itself to costly litigation, by permitting mentally disturbed or psychologically unstable people around their students, each school district employee presenting such a note must then submit to a complete psych examination to determine a "fit for duty" status.

As for the doctors, if they are so quick to commit fraud, perhaps their practice should be investigated for potentially defrauding insurance companies and Medicare/Medicaid.

For whoever recommended this thread be moved to the "hoax" forum....

edit on 21-2-2011 by WTFover because: Nothing edited

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Got a name on that "Doctor?"

Just curious seeing as how FOX has been caught red handed blatantly making stuff up and usig HOAX footage to push a false story in the past. Seems like if this is going to stand up as "PROOF" then at least finding out who that "doctor" really is would be important.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

You know what... I put it up and, until it is proven to be a hoax, I will trust that the young lady has some level of journalistic integrity. You can trust the video or not. I really don't care. If you chose to label everyone at Fox News as liars and refuse to aknowledge that, just like every other news channel, it contains "news" segments and "opinion" segments...Fine. Good for you.

I am absolutely sick of this "My source is better than your source" attitude on ATS. We all know you will not accept anything as truth unless it comes from a source you have predetermined to back your ideology.

I do wonder though, did you even bother to watch the video to learn it was a segment on Geraldo Rivera's show? He is a liberal, you know?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

You know what... I put it up and, until it is proven to be a hoax, I will trust that the young lady has some level of journalistic integrity.

That is completely assinine and I believe even you know that. You just trust a MSM article because it has not been proven false yet? Do you trust all MSM like that or just FOX? The fact that FOX is an admitted lying machine does not make you think you should be a little skepticla of what you hear? If it were MSNBC, would you still just take them on their word?

I am not so gullible as to take any "news" channel just at their word but since FOX owns up to making crap up, they have a special place on that list.

You can trust the video or not. I really don't care. If you chose to label everyone at Fox News as liars and refuse to aknowledge that, just like every other news channel, it contains "news" segments and "opinion" segments...Fine. Good for you.

No. FOX news lies. FOX went to court to fight for the right to lie. This is not personal bias, just reality. Please continue to ignore it.

I am absolutely sick of this "My source is better than your source" attitude on ATS. We all know you will not accept anything as truth unless it comes from a source you have predetermined to back your ideology.

What source did I use? All I did was ask for verification of ONE DETAIL of your story because it comes from an admitted liar. Why are you so blindly faithful? This has nothing do with "mine vs yours" as I have not offered up anything. I just asked a question about yours. I just asked on simple question and instead of attempt to answer it, you rant on about how much people suck who ask for more info.
That makes sense.

I do wonder though, did you even bother to watch the video to learn it was a segment on Geraldo Rivera's show? He is a liberal, you know?

How else would I know that they never identified the "doctor" in the video if I had not watched it? Geraldo is a liberal now? OK.

Again. Since your source has admitted to making stuff up in the past and been caught being deceptive again just very recently, I have to ask if you have a name for that doctor.

Dismissing the question and spending all that time just being defensive really helps you seem like someone who does their due dilligence in investigating what they are told.

Originally posted by WTFover
You know what... I put it up and, until it is proven to be a hoax, I will trust that the young lady has some level of journalistic integrity.

Oh, no, wait. No due dilligence. You just say you believe what the TV tells you because well...because. Cool.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right. Every moment Fox News broadcasts is lies. Thank you for enlightening me and showing me that I'm completely incompetent and unable to discern truth from lies. I have no idea how I've made it through 47 years of life without your guidance.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Originally posted by Oaktree
And here would be a picture of Dr. Lou Sanner, right from the U.W. Health website

He sure looks like the doctor in the video, now doesn't he?

Yes he does. And, here's an apparent acknowledgement from UW Health, in an email response to Fox News, that "a few" of their doctors are "involved".

There are numerous reports on both social-media and news web sites that a number of UW Health physicians were signing “medical excuse” notes to protesters at the Capitol protests on Feb. 19. This involves a few individuals out of the nearly 1,300 physicians at UW Health. These UW Health physicians were acting on their own and without the knowledge or approval of UW Health. These charges are very serious and in response the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and the University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation, two of the entities that comprise UW Health, will immediately launch an investigation of the reported behavior.

The investigation will identify which UW Health physicians were involved and whether their behavior constituted violations of medical ethics or University of Wisconsin and UW Health policies and work rules. The investigation and any potential future action will follow the established procedures of the University of Wisconsin. Any future disciplinary action taken will be considered a personnel matter, and in accord with University of Wisconsin policies, will not be open to public discussion.

Lisa Brunette

Director of Media Relations
gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
Got a name on that "Doctor?"

Just curious seeing as how FOX has been caught red handed blatantly making stuff up and usig HOAX footage to push a false story in the past. Seems like if this is going to stand up as "PROOF" then at least finding out who that "doctor" really is would be important.

I'd just like to point out that in the OP's video, one of the doctors has clearly been identified and his name and picture from the university's website are posted in this thread. Also, the female doctor who appears in the FOX video, also appears in the OP's video.

I for one am glad to see these things going on more and more. It's just normalization of something that's out of the norm. Since union workers typically make more money, AND have better benefits than their non union counterparts, I like to look at these events as "taxing the rich" for the common good.

Edit:WTFover beat me to it.

edit on 21-2-2011 by Kaiju because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join