It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies in Transformers, Star Trek, G.I. Joe, and Ghostbusters?? sorry you just gotta read the post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Are you a fanboy of

Star Trek, Transformers, G.I.Joe, and Ghostbusters...

Do you like the Zombie and Robots idea...

well it appears that IDW came up with a pretty good idea...

A zombie cross over.. I have to re-read these... to give you an idea of it....

IDW publishing

Zombie Epic Crosses into Star Trek and TRANSFORMERS
Next Chapter of IDW Multi-Title Event Starts

A first in the company’s history, IDW Publishing is proud to offer INFESTATION! Kicking off January 2011, fan-favorite writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (The Thanos Imperative, Legion of Super-Heroes) and artist David Messina (True Blood) begin this multi-dimensional saga with INFESTATION #1. The adventure continues in February with TRANSFORMERS: INFESTION #1 and #2, and STAR TREK: INFESTATION #1 and #2. Each bi-weekly series pits star characters against hordes of the undead, courtesy of major comics creators.

Now the image you can get online but...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89edeb9c67a1.jpg[/atsimg]

and to bring you this I bend a few things but... its good

Trek Today

For fans awaiting the Star Trek: Infestation comic series, a sneak peek is now available.

Star Trek: Infestation #1 from IDW Publishing will be released tomorrow, February 9.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e32de5a86562.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd734917a4bd.jpeg[/atsimg]

cover #2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca9ba7b78251.jpeg[/atsimg]

of course I am going to cover a little more here for the fans but their is one thing you may want to know...

I am not sure but I think Dr. who is also in the cross-over... yes the good doctor

edit on 19-2-2011 by ripcontrol because: pos has a different meaning then post

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Potential there.. but the transformers one sounds... I dont know.. they are robots, how are they going to write the zombies as being any kind of threat to them?

The Ghostbuster one interests me the most.

Who is the guy in the red-silver'ish outfit on the very left?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Transformers covers

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/858fd1bf25c0.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3cb7c2fe74d.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26b984acbb38.jpeg[/atsimg]

sorry the order here is messed up...

another pic for the series itself...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14b5f97c61a7.jpeg[/atsimg]

now information on the series...follow the link...

preview

and

idw trans...preview

Enter Transformers Infestation issue 1! A ship falls to planet earth. Within this ship is a mixture of the Undermind's zombies and Galvatron's crew. Crashing in Las Vegas, Nevada, the Decepticon's ship opens letting out the hungry horde with Galvatron in hot pursuit to destroy it before it grows too strong. In the confusion, Galvatron calls for Prime who shows up with the valiant Autobots to stop him, completely unaware of the lurking danger.

I liked this preview the best.. now I have to go back and read it in case I missed something... might get it...maybe...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

That's Snake Eyes from GI joe, the "Good Guy" ninja.

These look great

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You gotta be teen. Can't believe somebody grown up is

1. Still reading this crap (comics of any kind)
2. Posting a thread about this on ATS of all places!

What in hell does it have to do with top secret???

Sorry, I am new on this forum but if this kind of topics will start prevailing I am definitely not coming back.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanterZ

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4363914693f.jpeg[/atsimg]

I am not sure on this if it is part of the joes but it is cool

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/744e5627227f.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e373cb804f70.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60c49a621763.jpeg[/atsimg]

now for one of the previews I have read so far...

Hiss tank.com

GI-Joe-Infestation-Cover
Comic Book Resources has interviewed Mike Raicht about his work on the upcoming GI Joe Infestation! IDW Infestation Info From NYCC was posted last October followed by subsequent covers and info for the main Infestation title later that month. CBR's interview revealed some interesting tidbits, with regards to focus and the cast:

While the Joes will play a role in the miniseries, the Baroness and her Cobra agents will be taking center stage in “G.I. Joe: Infestation.” “We were given the chance to play with a few very cool characters. On the Cobra side we have Baroness, Interrogator (from Max Brooks' awesome 'Hearts & Minds' series), and the BATS,” Raicht said. “We also get the chance to introduce a few Joes into the IDW continuity including Psyche Out, who, as crazy as it sounds, was always a personal favorite of mine.

and the preview here

comicbook resources

“G.I. Joe” is probably the most real-world-based of the “Infestation” crossover titles, which could present special challenges to telling a story centered around zombies. “When [IDW editor] Andy Schmidt approached me about writing this book we spoke about that very thing,” Raicht told CBR News. “How do you keep the real world feel? How do you make this part of the crossover cool without compromising the hard work the writers, artists and editors at IDW have done making the books feel real?

“The approach we took was to try to make it a part of the crossover that could fit seamlessly into the regular 'G.I. Joe' and 'Cobra' books without feeling like something different. And to make sure this story has consequences for the rest of the 'Joe' Universe. Then we took the aspects of the 'Zombies Vs. Robots' universe that made the most sense for 'G.I. Joe' and plopped them right in the middle of the 'Joe' universe. One thing the Joes and Cobra have experimented with is the use of robotics. That's half the 'Zombies vs. Robots' name right there! That gave us our in and we ran with it.”

the phrase is COBRA........

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RTGREAT

This is in below top secret and in the comics section...

Nope there are fans of each one I mentioned well over 18 (trans, Star Trek, joe, ghostbusters, and Dr.who).. not to mention zombies....

well over eighteen...

Their is a huge market here for such material.. the majority of purchasers are over eighteen

Sometimes it also good to have a good area others can blow steam off... Do you not like the subject matter?

Personally I posted these
1) I need a break from listening to the political bs taking place

2) its conveniently in the same website I visit to discuss other things ( psi war, tesla and philli experiment, and naval space command)

3) I am a fan of all the above mentioned... Do you go to movies....

4) I have not wanted to turn this into a why have they not started cross overs like this before... marvel made millions as has dc on the subject... what is preventing say star trek and star wars from doing a movie both fans want to see (I know everyone will answer AVP lol)

I want you to know this is the best defense I had but it is not even finished and GTG... bamstomper does not want to wait so later...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RTGREAT
You gotta be teen. Can't believe somebody grown up is

1. Still reading this crap (comics of any kind)
2. Posting a thread about this on ATS of all places!

What in hell does it have to do with top secret???

Sorry, I am new on this forum but if this kind of topics will start prevailing I am definitely not coming back.

Haha yeah because instead of playing xbox 360, all the kids are just dying to read books and comic books.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Do Transformers fight robot transforming zombies? Because that sounds kind of cool. I've never been a zombie fan though.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

You got to read it...

The use of Galvatron and the response was appropriate funny to me at least...

on the Doctor Who part... it is looking iffy... one said yes one said no on sources and both are reliable... so we will see...

they also produced star gate, angel, and jurrasic park.. it would make an interesting part two...

@mods... I am also trying to contribute to below top secret.... I hope this is along the lines of what is good....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RTGREAT

while I am on the subject you need to view mr.mask comics he has rote for ATS

Mr.Mask comic ATS

and out of respect for his writing or the material...

Mr.Mask profile...

I would give him a permanent gold star if wasnt the fact he hasnt put out more yet...(I want more!!! mas!!!) It would great to see him have the time to put several conspiracies into comic book form... (BP, dead birds, china, 2012, tesla, Philadelphia experiment,ect)

do watch the comic, it is merely another way to transfer information....

edit on 20-2-2011 by ripcontrol because: a single comma missing yea

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It seems that zombies are everywhere.I have read the Star Trek comics(i'm a trekkie
) ,but had no idea for the rest.
BTW Marvel has a series with zombies as well.
Marvel zombies

and DC the Ghost/Batgirl comic

Ghost/batgirl

And i'm sure that with a little dig there are more.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

give them the review... I love star trek but due to rick berman i am a little miffed at the whole garbage....

They st fans here deserve a good review... you want to post it here... I do not mind....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
hey ripcontrol how many of the crossover comics diid you pick up so far? I love zombies, its why I started collecting Evil Ernie and the other Chaos comics in the late nineties.

I am also a fan of all the covered franchises you listed that are going to crossover. Tell me from one fan too the next, were they definetly worth it? Cuz ill so go out and buy them.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

this is just me personally.... go look at them and see which stories you want for collectors purposes...

otherwise wait to see if they come out with a trade paperback... I was not impressed with the endings...

it seemed to be let downs but that was just me.... you might find them to your liking especially if you got a liking for evil ernie

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RTGREAT

Thanks for the thoughtful, intelligent contribution to the thread.
Just as a newsflash for you- comics aren't really for "kids" anymore.Comics are now recognized as a true creative art form, for the writing as well as the artwork.There are more people in their 30's and 40's reading comics than you might think.
So I guess you're going to tell me you haven't seen and possibly enjoyed any of these films: Watchmen, Sin City, V For Vendetta, Kick A**, The Dark Knight,Iron Man, etc etc-all based on comic books/graphic novels?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Can I just ask, in the Ghostbusters crossover, can they trap the ghouls in their equipment like the ghosts, or does the equipment have no affect? If the equipment has no affect, then I am going to the local comic shop tomorrow and buy the ghostbusters one just to see how they deal with it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

it sucked something out of them

top topics

join