It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Government Shutdown Looms

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Stop military spending and you keep government functioning.

And stop that... soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq are screwed. Not to mention all the jobs lost in the US. But yeah, it should be done. Bring back the troops home, then cut the budget. Of course cutting the budget will end up cutting people from their jobs... but eh, a job not in the industry of death is way better.

Even if you could cut ALL of the military budget, the financial situation would still not be solved. Social security/medicare/medicaid need to be cut too.

And that is just the FEDERAL government... most states are BANKRUPT too... and they can't print money.

Forget your pensions, they are not there. They won't be paid. Ever.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

That would be a grand idea. Trouble is the government is controlled by corporate interests rather than catering to the the general masses. Perhaps we need an amendment to end corporate rule first.

Corporate Personhood
- Wiki

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

We are not citizens of the world. We are American citizens.

We are citizens of the Cosmos. We are "Cosmic citizens."

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What might happen if federal government shuts down again WaPo

If President Obama and congressional Republicans do not reach an agreement on how to fund the final seven months of the fiscal year, some military veterans might not receive benefits checks and other Americans would be unable to apply for Social Security. The State Department might not issue new passports, unemployment statistics would not publish as scheduled, museums and national parks would close, and worse - piles of elephant manure might pile up in a National Zoo parking lot because workers can't ship it away for composting.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

During government shutdown of 1996, hundreds of thousands of federal workers lost their jobs. Currently, there are over 2 million civilian government employees. Military, national security personnel, air traffic controllers, law enforcement officers, emergency and disaster assistance workers and federal prison employees likely would stay on the job, but when the money runs out they won't get a check. Good thing is that unpaid wages are usually retroactive.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
One can only hope.

The media is lining up poor old granny's and starving children as we speak in anticipation of a government shut down. These people honestly believe that the sky will fall and the heavens will open up and Satan will fart on the Earth if the government shuts down..

In reality, nothing could be better for us. Let them shut down, why would ANYONE miss an institution that eats the fruits of the labor of the people and regurgitates lies in return?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Do you REALLY want the Military to come home with nothing to do? I LOVE those guys and girls. But sitting idle? And trigger happy? Ask Egypt how well that's going. Kinda TENSE don't ya think?

I really don't want my family in Military being forced to look at us as the enemy. They don't want to either.

Not good. Just not good end results.

Let's make the enemy over THERE for now..

Rats... Not good Not good.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Oh yeah. All of our troops are just trigger happy and waiting to come home to murder everyone because they didn't get enough of being blown up in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Maybe do some research on this first. A government shut down does not mean EVERYTHING shuts down. Just non critical areas of government.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Lunatic.... I meant that there would be too many people here collecting paychecks and just sitting here.

NOT taking pot shots at their fellow Americans..

Read the whole thread before you say things that others are not.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Do you REALLY want the Military to come home with nothing to do? I LOVE those guys and girls. But sitting idle? And trigger happy? Ask Egypt how well that's going. Kinda TENSE don't ya think?

You just said they were trigger happy and sitting idle...What is that to imply?

I really don't want my family in Military being forced to look at us as the enemy. They don't want to either.

I suppose this want meant to mean they were going to shower you with hugs and kisses then?

It helps to pause and think about the words you use if you don't want other to misconstrue what you say.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Lunatic Pandora because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Substitute Afghanistan with Vietnam....

Some of us care and seen this Chit before...Not saying you don't care.

Give us some suggestions .....

Open to new idea's..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Reminds me of this song:

Some have maxed out all their credit cards
Some are working two jobs and living in cars
Minimum wage won't pay for a roof, won't pay for a drink
If you gotta have proof just try it yourself Mr. C.E.O.
See how far 5.15 an hour will go
Take a part time job at one your stores
I bet you can't make it here anymore.

I can see them all now, they haunt my dreams
All lily white and squeaky clean
They've never known want, they'll never know need
Their sh*t don't stink and their kids won't bleed
Their kids won't bleed in their damn little war
And we can't make it here anymore....

edit on 20-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ouch Rege... Ouch. Good song though.

Let's get solutions in place. Don't know them yet. No barking or whining... Let's getter done.

Politics? Anything but them ...

It's about time.

No violance or politics.

How shall we proceed?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Lets not forget what else gets "shutdown". Social Security checks, Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement...and everything else in between. This is not my speculation, this is hard fact. Obama has already mentioned that Social Security checks will be severely delayed until his budget gets approved.

The people that put that heartless, greedy, two-faced communist in to the oval office....I hope you're happy.
edit on 2/20/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Bill Clinton came up with the "Quadrennial Defense Review" and his plan was to contract out/ axe much of DOD and use the money saved to buy off people/countries around the world.

Mubarack in Egypt with Billions$$$$.....those are ours which we gave them.

The game plan is going into action right now ripping those dollars back from them and let those countries peoples kill the crooks with all the loot at the top....global economic collapse.....

So they don't worry too much about our economic condition/debt. We've been looting the world. It's also why Americans don't have a middle class anymore/jobs and the top in our country has all the money.

They will flee this land for somewhere's else with their money. Watch.

Hillary Clinton after becoming Secretary of State announced she was doing the same thing to the US State Department that her husband did to DOD. Quadrennial Review- contract out US State Department jobs so she has Billions to flood into other countries....of which some of that money will make it back to her pocket.

Clintons smart....Americans...very stupid.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Will this 'Government Shutdown also include Congress (House, Senate, White House & Staff) Payments and Benefits?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Got a link to verify this?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I though 'this plan' came from the Republicans and Tea Partiers not the Oval Office...
With the Democrats urging GOP not to shutdown the Government?

edit on 20-2-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Obama has threatened to shut the Gov't down because its his way of throwing a tantrum about his budget that the R's don't agree with.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

Plus side for those who believe in FEMA Camps - No $$$ for FEMA - no $$$ for staff - no $$$ for prisons - No $$$ to round up fema camp believers

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Got a link or speech with obama saying this?

The videos provided by the OP show democrats pleading with the GOP not to do this

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join