It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is 2012? Before and After

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
As i have just posted a rather trollish remark in another Niburu thread ive been sitting here Saturday night wondering exactly what 2012 has become . i guess the focus of this thread is to ask all what has 2012 become or still is to you?

I joined ATS because of a you tube video i saw about Niburu at that time i felt as though i was inside the looking glass now i believe i have sold myself the ultimate snake oil.

theres no planet coming our way if you step back for three seconds and look at any science or common sense NIburu is closer to a cult then anything else it takes a huge amount of self denial to even contemplate the idea. unfortunately there are possibilitys that do lurk (comet,nuclear war, famine,....) but any sincerity is being lost in these fantastic fantasys and well participants that seem to need more medication.

in closing i have started this thread with the thought and wonder of what atsers believe 2012 was and has now become as the day gets closer will it be the end the beginning or just another saturday night.whats your thoughts ATS ?

Be Well
edit on 19-2-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
To be honest I think it is another year, that being said I am not willing to discount the Mayan's and their thoughts but all points are just to the end of that cycle not the end of the world. And there is debate on whether or not 2012 is in fact the end of that cycle. But, what I really worry about is that there will be some cults out there similar to the Halebop group that could take lives on Dec 12. That is a big worry to me anyways.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i reckon 2012 will be a time of enlightenment and realisation for us all as people get more clued in to the control systems we live in as seen currently in the middle east, and that we will pass 2012 without some doomsday event to wipe us all out meaning we may move on with our lives in a more productive and peaceful way.shame we have to wait near 2 years to find this out instead of now.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's the boogyman under your bed.

In all honesty.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It will be time to buy a new calender for 2013.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Nice wishful thinking there folks. Hope that all works out for you. I would say in less than year, you will eat your words.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Nibiru is low on my list of 2012 beliefs. I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't think it will be that. Still, its not very nice of you to say Nibiru believers need more medication. Mainstream people think all 2012 believers need medication, including you. Instead of being divided by small differences of belief, we should respect each other and be united against the superficial, brainless "Normal People" who laugh at us and call us crazy. Pointing out the flaws in the Nibiru theory is great, but insulting its followers is not.

I predict massive human upheaval coinciding with sun-related natural disasters. It could be World War III and whatever it is will probably end in the destruction of America. I estimate that 90% of the population will be dead and there will be a long period of anarchy before small states begin to form. Either that or the NWO will seize control. Or maybe not the NWO. Maybe China, Russia, and countries in the Middle East will form an alliance and attack us.

But it doesn't matter that much what 2012 really is, because we won't know until it happens. We all feel that something is going to happen. What matters is that there's less than 2 years left to prepare, and we need to be prepared for anything if we want to survive it and be there to rebuild society, or resist the NWO or whatever cruel authoritarian power gains control.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I always thought 2012 was a natural shift in consciousness where we all somehow become privy to more information (not the full disclosure type of thing but more becoming aware of our surroundings and the way the world works, other people's emotions etc).

Nibiru.....something tells me it's real but not in the way most people think. I don't even know myself but it just seems going by gut feeling that it won't be the massive planet hurtling our way like a lot of people think.

Due to the unpredictable nature of our environment and the Sun I'm not gonna be quick to dismiss natural disaster or solar flares even if it seems hard to believe right now (I'm sure those in New Orleans were quick to dismiss a hurricane hitting them and devastating their city until it happened)

I guess in a sense, despite having my own ideas on what 2012 is for many years, I'm gonna remain open minded to other possible scenarios because lets face it, even if members of ATS are quick to dismiss the theories, there will be a multitude of scientists and logically minded people who have been planning ahead for a contingency plan in case any number of these things actually happens so to call members of ATS whackos and needing medication is to also say the same to our respected peers whose job it is to prepare for any possible scenario no matter how "crazy" it may seem.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InsaneInsurgent11

you have poor eading comprehension or you are just used to being on the defensive try again batter swing an a miss
edit on 21-2-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The more hype I see mucking up the real science behind the ancient prophecies, the more i begin to see this become the Y2K of our era.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

One more thing, I do not understand why people have become so chinsy with flags and stars on this forum? I mean yes some of the top posters still get the respect they deserve, but little threads like this can get pages upon pages of replies and yet no stars or flags? I wonder why that is?

S@F for you and for your thoughts and for taking the time to create this new thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

i seriously used to be on the tin foil hat band wagon but am beginning to see that the real threats go hopelessly overlooked. if this thing that is ATS is to stand we all need to take a more adult perspective and not allow the smarty pants kids
to bicker us into endless discussions of nonsense theories .

its not like this is my opinion if one just looks at the forums lately you can see a clear lack of any real facts and this is usually the work of well kids playing adult on the internet. and NO all you who are about to defend the THOSE who cannot defend themselves cause you like to play hero IM NOT A FASCIST just concerned that the site i lurked for years has become mind less dribble and i would love to see the great charactors of the past inspire the new ratheter then hear another theory of how a PLANET is sneaking up on us?

The thread idea i had was simply to get peoples views on how 2012 may have metamorphosis into another totally new type of concept rather then the original . IE i myself believed in NIBURU for a time years ago before i opened my ideas that it was fantasy at least how its is described in most NIBURU threads.
Yes i believe a comet or space obstruction could have catastrophic effects on earth such as Tunguska i no longer believe aliens are clinging to an invisible planet hurteling through space about to appear cause it has a cloaking device stuff like that just urks my brain its like talking to the crazy guy at the bus station

anywho the thread was just meant to discuss 2012 now and then all heros and self proclaimed zeros please enjoy the other mind drivle and let the adults have a conversation

my newest view is that 2012 does not even exist rather it is a misinterpretation of ancient calendars not fully understood......... the world seems more likely to en on tuesday of anyyear anyday theres no set time how would that be possible ?

cosmic alignment wrong they happen
mayans welll please explain.... we dont know much if anything about them i could say the native americans said the same o wait they did so i shoulfd meld the two ideas that is the thinking that is killing this once very keen place.

the universe is scary enough without fairy tales and ghosts though i do love imagination and sy fy the reptilians from V in 1984 are not real people it was a TV show for gods sake

Be Well
Triple

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio

you have poor eading comprehension or you are just used to being on the defensive try again batter swing an a miss
edit on 21-2-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

What do you mean? Are you trying to tell me that you didn't insult Nibiru believers by saying that?

My reading comprehension can't be worse than your grammar...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

WELLP this is kinda what im talkin about the point has sailed far overhead the thread is to show that any common sense is fleeting with each impossible concept threaded what else did i write o great grammar niburu defender or are you another cherry picker?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
alright hey look maybe i got a bit rowdy on my own thread but to cut super in the now hasn't anyone else experienced a huge change in how they look at twenty twelve?

new topics

top topics

join