It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Second 'Westerner' Corpse Found in Tigris River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
A second body, described as that of a "Westerner," has been found floating in Iraq's Tigris River today. The body was dressed in an orange jumpsuit and had a slit throat. Like the one discovered yesterday, no identification has been given at this time.

News.com.au
IRAQI police have retrieved a second corpse dressed in an orange jumpsuit from the Tigris River near the northern Iraqi city of Mosul and turned it over to the US military.

The man, described only as a Westerner, was found in the river outside Mosul, 370km north of Baghdad, with his throat slit, said police General Salem Haj Issa.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Speculation is that these bodies are those of the Bulgarian hostages detained earlier this month.

Related ATSNN News Links:
Headless Body Found in River Near Baghdad

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is sad news indeed. My thoughts & condolences to the families & friends of both victims.

I note that this victim had his throat slit.I can on;y hope that he was unconscious before this happened.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Can somebody explain to me how it is that these people slit throats, behead people...etc, yet when we put a few of them in a pile naked or put a dog collar on one, we become "evil"?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todeskopf
Can somebody explain to me how it is that these people slit throats, behead people...etc, yet when we put a few of them in a pile naked or put a dog collar on one, we become "evil"?

Because we are supposed to be better than that. They arent. We hold ourselves up as the light of the world so when we denigrate ourselves we tarnish that light.

- Was

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It irritates me that these people, and I use this term loosely, have the audacity to do this to another human being. Yes, I know that a FEW of the American soldiers humiliated some of the prisoners, but this is no reason for these militants to take such an action as to take someone's life, especially in such a gruesome and horrific way.
-the cat

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, admittedly, it seems to stay in balance. See, when the US does some military action, we tend to use airpower, bombs, explosives, etc. We've shredded the arms and faces of women and children. Directly? No. On purpose? No. And do I feel like a jerk in saying "It happens."? Somewhat. I just can't sit around and worry about all these people. If someone gets their throat slit and thrown in a river, I am supposed to send my condolences to them, but not to the innocents that die and are wounded by the US side? Or am I supposed to mourn them all?

I keep a very low-level, equal mourn for them all. But we're at war. Collateral damage is what happens in war. We do it, they do it.

But yes, they probably INTEND to do such barbarism more than we do.

new topics

top topics

join