It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Subconsciously Attracted to a Particular Shape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is it possible to be subconsciously attracted to a particular shape long before consciously realizing you've surrounded yourself with this particular shape?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
yep

darn the one line rule
now I have to figure out how to get by with one word...

what shape?
ummmm
I like nice shapes.

(and being dislexic, I guess its OK if the shape is backwards)

PS
any guy will tell you that there is absolutley no logic to it either, much as we would like to be politically correct, gentlemanly etc....
the shape that beer comes in just too much......

edit on 19-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I would say so. Let's consider this ... the golden ratio presents itself everywhere in nature, as do many other ratios and images. You could even call these things archetypal, be they images, themes, etc. In fact, much of Free Masonry deals with these concepts and includes these concepts into their practices. Also check out this hexagon on Saturn. Further, consider feng shui and Vastu Shastra that all deal with the relationships of object to their environment with respect to energy.

So, seeing this this universe is nothing but energy - sometimes expressing itself as matter, sometimes not - I don't think it is too far fetched to think that within this energy soup, we may be more perceptible to expressing ourselves in some archetypes, shapes, colors, etc., than others.

I think if you realize you have done this, then it is like the universe speaking to you, saying, "Look dude, are you picking up what I am putting down?"
What it is saying to you is between you and the universe.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I think im subconsciously attracted to star shapes. My little girls favorite word is "star" and she always points them out to me. I never knew i had so many things with star shapes or pictures of stars on them.
edit on 19/2/11 by dadfortruth1 because: poor grama

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I suppose I could say after reading your OP and looking around I like square objects. I have collected quiet a number of decorated boxes. I really love boxes that fit into other boxes. I also have square dishes, baskets and other misc items. Interesting - wonder what it means.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I for some odd reason since i was a kid have been attracted to map drawings.

While other kids would draw or paint, i would have this insatiable urge to draw maps, islands, and break it up into regiosn, with capitals, and strategic zones.

Makes me wonder if i may have been a cartographer or perhaps an administator in a previous life.

Even to this day i have the urge to pick up the pen and just draw a map of some fantasy land.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I dunno about shapes, I would say I surround myself with even rectangular shapes. Patterns for sure though. I've noticed I'm more comfortable when surrounded by rows of horizontal lines/stripes and highly contrasted colors [especially when said lines/stripes are contrasting colors! : ) ]
I bet it all has something to do with memories/emotions related to those shapes whether we consciously remember them. For instance, my Parents dressed me up in a lot of outfits with horizontal stripes when I was an infant. Haha.
Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Are boobies a shape?

edit on 19-2-2011 by OracleOfEssences because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would say so too. Whenever I doodle let's say, I consistently draw either triangles or squares (break the squares into triangles and into infinity or until the point I can't draw any more lines). I've actually recently started to notice this, and it keeps on boggling me why I like to doodle triangles and not any other shapes.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I ask because I moved into a new house about 18 months ago and I just realized there are circles everywhere.
Wall art, chairs, barstools, knick knacks, ceilings, and then this: I fought to get this lighting fixture. I was absolutely drawn to it.

I'm drawn like a magnet to circles all the sudden. What does it mean? Does it mean anything? I was even drawn to the tires on the painting in the background, the ovals in the chairs, the apples, apple container.

edit on 19-2-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Am I attracted to a particular shape?

Hmmmm, let me think....

You shoulda known this was coming when you asked the question.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Not sure I'd say I am drawn to a particular shape but I like regular shapes instead of the irregular ones for sure.
By the way that light fixture is F*&^in AWESOME!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Circles refer to the spiritual and abstract. Aswell as to the infinite, repitition ior any idea that can be represented by the dynamic of a circle.

Are you a spiritual person by any chance? Maybe your "unconscious" is trying to get your attention

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

It also seems that you have a few squares and rectangles in there as well and I bet some triangles because most of what us humans make comes in regular eye pleasing shapes...just sayin lol ('
')
edit on 19-2-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
reply to post by Bachrk

It also seems that you have a few squares and rectangles in there as well and I bet some triangles because most of what us humans make comes in regular eye pleasing shapes...just sayin lol ('
')
edit on 19-2-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

My husband made the table.
I would not have picked that out.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If I had to guess, which I don't but I will.

I would say that people are drawn to particular shapes at a subconscious level. I would even go so far as to say these shapes change throughout your life depending on where your at and what you need. So it is possible that the shapes people are drawn to somehow represent what is missing from their life.

I'll bet if I studied it I could make a fortune writing a book and lecturing the new age circuit.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
maybe you should study geometry, sounds like youd enjoy it.

if you like circles then geometry will show you the 6 pointed star of david, is geometricaly tied to circles and cubes more then any other,

look at that cube with one corner facing you directly, youll notice you only see 6 points to it from that perspective

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30584ca85dd7.jpg[/atsimg]

think deeper, always deeper

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

LOL fair nuff...maybe you are attracted to circles...If so you'd love this

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I recently realised that most of my furniture and objects are very hi tech, mostly aerodynamic, lots of circles, ovals, eliptoids, often involving chrome / silvery metallic and practically ALL resemble UFO of sorts or at least allude to inter dimensionalism, levels etc.

Design and shapes totally matter to me, consciously and sub consciously, in practically everything, from food to furniture to people.
edit on 19-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join