It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If NOAH Saved The Animals, Who Saved The Plants?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If NOAH Saved The Animals, Who Saved The Plants?

If the Earth was flooded and most, if not all the land was underwater while Noah stayed afloat in his ark full of Gods creatures, surely most plants would have died off from being submerged for so long.

If a dove brought back an olive branch to show Noah there was once again dry land, it still doesn't explain how all the plants we have survived the same apparent flood until today.

Any ideas? sensible ones, not just "because God made it so", because he didn't save the animals did he? He needed help.

I'm not a big Bible reader so if there's something from it that helps explain could someone point us to it please.

Hmmmmm......

edit on 19/2/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

His younger brother, Murray... But Murray didn't have as good of a publicist so Murray didn't get all the coverage in the Bible that his big brother Noah did...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

There are new plants growing in the amazon during the drought.

When water subsides, different stuff grows.

Same where ice is melting up north.

Not sure how or why but we are seeing it all the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
but doesn't salt water kill of land plants? And another thing after the flood how can plants grow when there's no bees, manures, etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

i thought everyone assumed he saved a bunch more crap than animals int he story. Really though the ark was a spaceship....fun.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The animals ate the plants(before boarding the ark), then pooped them out on the earth later (they were constipated) and the seeds grew in their packet of "fertilizer" and BAM Green Earth! It too simple man! lol

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you noticed but...
plants can swim

He simply designated all the plants he wanted to save as weeds
and then tried to eradicate them.
This is why there is no no shortage of them now.

Since the agriculture sprang so suddenly into form in Mesoptamia, I'm guessin he saved a bank of seeds as farmers always did..
till Monsanto

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
well to feed all the exotic animals on your boat you will need lots of fresh food from the animals environment. Save the manure and it could be used to re populate the planet with our green friends.

Has anybody submerged an olive tree for 40 days to see if it could even survive? Just asking the easy stuff?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Noah is a fairytale, along with the rest of all the stories every religion has plagiarized and rewritten over the millennia.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Who's to say the plants were saved? They may have just been regrown. Nobody these days could tell you factually unless they were there. You should check out Genesis for yourself and try to discern it first. The American Standard version sticks to a more Literal translation while the New International Version is more of a modern diction translation. Also, it Rained for 40 days and 40 nights, the ocean didn't just rise up, so the salt concentration wouldn't necessarily be as high as in ocean water. (still salty though...) You ever try drowning a couple of healthy plants and trees for a month to see how they handle it? That would be a place to start I guess. But you could always ask God, ask crazy as most people find that idea (since most churches these days preach a lot of BS). Some people would be surprised to find He actually wants to answer your questions, just don't expect the answer to come as "voice from the heavens."
But, I don't know, doesn't seem relevant to current issues so I've never really thought about it. Good question though. If you figure it out, be sure to let us know!

Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
save me save me!
run you can make it!
jump for the rope
jump for the rope...
jump...

Darn, that was the last 3 legged stinky dekohmgartle plant...
ooopsi

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The ark was a DNA bank and a seed bank. It did not actually contain 2 animals of every kind. If it was actually exactly as written, what did the 2 lions eat after they got off - the 2 zebras - right?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As much as I'd love to humor your question, I just cannot. Noah never did anything that the Torah says he did. It is completely ludicrous to suggest that a man somehow built an ark and filled it with animals to save them from the impending doom. Even if that was a movie in current times it would be worse than Day After Tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Seeds seeds seeds....

Those little seeds probably were redistributed around and around and when the waters receded, they took root and grew...?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i can expain it....

it never happened

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i reckon if you are going to take the ark story as literal, you will also have to take the rest of the genesis as truth meaning that the earth was made in 7 days, that noah lived for nine hundred and fifty years and that god made us all speak different languages because humans built a tower reaching for the heavens. there is plent in the bible which should not be taken as literal truth (in my opinion, not trying to bash peoples beliefs) but we should try to just recognise the messages about right and wrong and make informed decisions on how to live in a good way toward each other and the world around us

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
1. If the world flooded all freshwater life would die due to fresh water mixing with brackish water.
2. many animal species are not native to the middle east marsupials can only be found in Australia with the exception of possums. polar bears can only be found in the arctic penguins can only be found in the antarctic.
Noah would had to have collected animals from every continent and then returned them after the flood.
3. The ark would not be large enough to hold two of every single animal species on earth.
4.What would the animals eat some have very specific diets that are dependent on their environment how could 7 people possibly feed all of these animals.
5. Not only would all the surviving people be inbred as hell with such a limited gene pool so would all the animals.
6.What would the two lions left in the world eat? the two remaining zebras, gazelles,and ibex? There would be a serious post flood extinction event once the predators ate up all of their food supply.

Once you apply reasonable questions to the Noah story it does not hold water no pun intended.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If, and this is big "If" Noah's story was somewhat true, from what I have ascertained, from various readings, it is possible there was a flood in the region that Noah lived in at that time in history. It would have appeared to him/them that the world was being flooded, but in actual fact, a large area or valley was flooded. The entire world was not. Lots of animals and plants survived and flourished in other parts of the world. I think there are historical references from other sources than the Bible, that there was indeed a flood at that point in history in that area

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Seeds don't drown. Seeds survive. Most seeds float. What is you question.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

For all those saying it's about seeds, well...plants around the world wouldn't all seed at the same times, and most seeds which are constantly wet would either disintigrate or rot.

Or be eaten by fish!

If the world only had certain plants like coconut trees it would be understandable, but it doesn't.

And how would Noah traverse the globe and replant in such a short time following the flood if he had seeds on his ark? Surely he was too busy relocating animals?
edit on 19/2/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join