It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I trigger prophetic dreams?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a serious question for me. I am sure many don't believe in precognition and the like, but it is a reality for me. It has happened just once a few years ago. I dreamed of a moment that wouldn't occur for 2 months. The reason I remembered was because of a statement that I made in the dream which didn't make sense to me. I woke up wondering why in the heck I said it. Then, two months later after it had left my mind as just a dream, the exact situation happened, and I said the exact same thing. When I did, you could say that my entire belief system fluctuated and I became a believer in the paranormal. What I would like to know is this:

Does anyone know a way to trigger these dreams of the future? I don't care if they are significant or not. Just having any way to make them happen would be a godsend, as it would open up so many possibilities for improvement as well as be a very interesting scientific experiment (writing down the dreams and seeing if they happen).

You may be saying "oh, but you can only dream things that your mind can conceive." The reason that my experience was so convincing is that it happened with a guy I hadn't met yet in a place I'd never been. I recall being able to see the place I was in, but not the face or body of the guy I was talking to (in the dream). But the words and computer at the end of the room were the key recollections. There is NO way I could have possibly put that together independently. The dream had to have been some kind of memory of the future, embracing the possibility that time is, in fact, a fluid entity that overlaps itself and can be interpreted by the mind in special circumstances.

Again, does anyone know of anything I could practice to attempt to become actively precognitive?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have had the exact same thing happen to me, but I didn't wish for it.
I have however wished for lucid dreams or for my dream to pick up where I left off and had it happen.
Try meditating before bed, my bf told me that was the key to a lucid dream and it has not failed me once.
As for a prophetic dream, I am not sure. But good luck!!
edit on 19-2-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Honestly, I think that things like Deja Vu are merely a result of such dreams that the dreamer may have forgotten. I would think that the first step would be to strengthen your ability to recall your dreams after you've woken up. Many people do this by keeping a Dream Journal or just writing down as much of your dream you can recall, but make sure to be honest with yourself and don't try to fill in blanks when you're awake (you end up making up a dream that didn't happen, the human "imagination" is tricky like that sometimes). If your religious, I suggest deep prayer before sleep. If not religious, meditate yourself to sleep. Other than that, I Wouldn't have a clue. There's too many questions involved with "prophetic dreaming" that I personally don't have the answers to. You should consider the where these dreams come from and why you would be experiencing them. It's indeed a Gray Area. Good luck though! If you figure anything out, don't tarry in letting us know!
Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have a few articles on my website in regards to this type of dreaming:

www.youaredreaming.org...

From the abstract to the articles there should be some info that you will find useful with regards to isolating and accessing the precognitive aspect from within dreams.

Cheers!

Ian

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I can tell you how. But that would involve illegal substances and that discussion is illegal here. It is not possible without the help of mind altering substances.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Take some jimson weed
edit on 19-2-2011 by ledzeppelin489 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I will have to differ about the need for mind altering substances, but I will leave it at that.
Varemia, if you truly want to explore this you will. I admit, I am a little skeptical, but I try not to let my own prejudices prevent me from sharing what I know.
Second, you can take this post for what it is worth to you. I will provide no "evidence" or proof of anything. I have nothing to gain by this other than the satisfaction that I did my part when called upon to do so. It is required.

You must learn to meditate, and open the third eye. You will be rewarded by taking the time, and the rewards will be tangible and realized in THIS life as well as the next. This meditation, done properly, will give you "vision", and an understanding of where your thoughts come from...internal or external. You may learn where a thought originates, and about the sender. You may learn that your thoughts about others have been received and processed...when they are and when they are not.
Thoughts, not words, are what you must learn to isolate. They are like railroad cars in a thought "stream", or they are like falling stars that penetrate your consciousness, or like instant telegrams. Or spam.

You may not become a prophet, triggering visions of the future. But your antennae will go a bit higher and you will pick up more stations.
So to speak.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the links and advice. There definitely is a rare 'feel' to the precognitive dreams, and I suspect that one of the dreams was a symbolic one, as it had my friend's car, a heavy sudden rainfall, then him coming into my house, hair shifting from short to long. At the point in time a couple months later that it happened, he had much longer hair, was shifting from male to female (transgendered), and his car broke down without any coolant, him coming inside the house for a gallon of water.

I do recognize that none of this can be proved and it is an extremely obscure topic, but it is what I what experienced and documented. That is why it is most appropriate for the Gray Area.

The initial dream (with the guy I hadn't met yet) was special in that it had a heightened state of realism. For whatever reason, it was one of the dreams that one remembers clearly, as I tend to remember my dreams for the most part, just choosing to forget the ones that feel insignificant. This one just stuck in my head and that was the reason I remembered it so clearly when it actually happened.

I think I will definitely start that dream journal. The spiritual tradition that I follow even suggests it, but I haven't done it. They believe that your dreams hold the key to understanding your past lives and basically to develop your entire Self. As for the lucid aspect of dreaming, I automatically experience lucid dreaming every dream. I simply play along with the scenario I've created most of the time. The thing that I need to stop myself from doing is changing the way the dream is meant to progress. My expectations of what I think should happen often alter certain things.

I'll also consider meditating on the future before I sleep. Perhaps a specific amount of time will help. I'd like to say, focus on something three weeks from tonight each night and keep records of what I dream. Then, when the day comes, I'll let it pass without reading what I wrote in the journal for that day, and at the end of the day, I'll look and see if it was accurate. My attempts will rely somewhat on my tendency to forget things that I don't prioritize.

Guess I'll give it a go then. Feel free to offer any further advice that might be available. I am willing to embrace anything that is unlikely to be destructive to my mentality (such as drugs. I feel that while many can allow a person to achieve an altered state of consciousness easier, it is far healthier for the mind to do it naturally).

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

hello var the thing that you want is not so easy like what you thing.but in the coincident while sleep it just like a
fews second film that run throught weird night right.i think you better studies a bit abouts lattitude and altitude from orbit angle like most of the sattelite position are then imagine that you are in orbit and facing your own country continent on earth then just fly your vision from space orbit straight to your own house and fly in throught your bedroom window. practice this technic everynight 1time.and please be carefull sometimes when you felt yourself on the highground (in space) it just like you being trown out from the orbit to earth just open your eyes emediatly
if only you felt afraid or shivering.ok get back to the biz again once you excercise is quite 2weeks normally then you will see the highplane in what so ever happen on earth you will see for your self.and please whatever you ll see form the highplane there let all thing you see come with open heart and good faith.my engelish in not good enuff
sorry for that.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The first thing you must be is a habitual day dreamer. The second thing you must be is paranoid and suspicious of the world around you. your focus on everything and everyone around you will trigger your inner self to search beyond, and if you train your mind along with your suspicions then you will start having clearer visions.

you must listen to the your inner self and be aware of messages its trying to relay to you. if you can write them down, keep a journal.

when you chat with people on the internet, try to feel them and sense their emotions and their motives. remote view them.

when you're on the road driving attempt to sense dangers and where police traps with be.

go into restaurants, night clubs, shopping centers, Etc and attempt to sense who's watching you and what direction the eyes are coming from, and if they have ill will towards you or desire you?

go into the forest and sense what animals and entities that are there watching you. become one with yourself and everything around you and you will find wisdom and foresight

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
The first thing you must be is a habitual day dreamer. The second thing you must be is paranoid and suspicious of the world around you. your focus on everything and everyone around you will trigger your inner self to search beyond, and if you train your mind along with your suspicions then you will start having clearer visions.

you must listen to the your inner self and be aware of messages its trying to relay to you. if you can write them down, keep a journal.

when you chat with people on the internet, try to feel them and sense their emotions and their motives. remote view them.

when you're on the road driving attempt to sense dangers and where police traps with be.

go into restaurants, night clubs, shopping centers, Etc and attempt to sense who's watching you and what direction the eyes are coming from, and if they have ill will towards you or desire you?

go into the forest and sense what animals and entities that are there watching you. become one with yourself and everything around you and you will find wisdom and foresight

I see you have full control of your prophetic dreams

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

I have absolute control of the world around me, nothing slips by, and as the future unfolds I'm miles ahead searching for advanced warning and solutions. i am aware

and I'm not even crazy

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

I personally would rather not become paranoid about the world around me. I take comfort in knowing that I can control almost everything in my life already. The things that I cannot control are what I find entertaining.

As for daydreams, that is something that I do whether I want to or not, and I am attempting to design a snow-melting machine while I do other things. Perhaps I should focus on the future more, but I find that the imagination can take one too far away too fast and I usually end up screwing up my lines of thought with my fears in losing my sanity. It is a slippery slope, trying to maintain complete faculty as well as delve into the unimaginable. The idea is finding the perfect balance in which I do not taint the inspiration that enters my mind, but I don't just accept it all either. The thoughts of the people around you influence the thoughts in your own head, meaning if someone is adamantly thinking about puppies, puppies just might come to mind in the form of a random inspiration. It wasn't your thought initially, and neither is it prophetic.

There are a lot of complex issues to overcome when it comes to the mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
yes mediation is definitely the key. When you meditate you can basically enter a state of dreaming whilst awake.
This circumvents the need to remember your dreams since you can experience them and be aware of them in them in the here and now.

The first time I meditated blew my mind. Not long after I went to bed and as I lay down I had what can only be described as opening the floodgate on a series of images which to me seemed random. I had never experienced anything like this before.

The next night after meditating I lay down and looked up at the ceiling and was shocked to see that I could observe ripples in its reality, it was as though I was able to see beyond the physical illusion into the true nature of its existence.

I can only hope these are normal experiences for a novice at meditating, but I would guess it seems to be the best way to open the third eye.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunartik

There are a lot of things you notice whilst meditating that normally you wouldn't. For example, those ripples in reality you see are literally the ripples in the fluid of your eyes. It takes an acute stillness to be able to see them. When meditating, the little things that you are in the habit of ignoring since birth begin to become noticeable. You may begin smelling things that your brain has told you to forget to smell (out of the habit). You may begin feeling certain sensations related to the waves of energy that are constantly passing through you on a daily basis in this age of technology.

Once you can feel, you can begin to control. There is a way through meditation in which a person can actively manipulate their own body. Want muscle mass? Spend time meditating on having your muscles develop and grow stronger. Suddenly the workouts that you've been doing will show highly expedited results. The hardest part is getting past the mentally created blocks that tell you what is possible and impossible. The world is far more interesting than black and white. Scientists recognize that the brain has power (at the very least for our personal bodies). That's why the placebo effect exists. It's where because you think that the medicine is supposed to do something, your body begins to fight off the infection better.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by anumohi

I personally would rather not become paranoid about the world around me. I take comfort in knowing that I can control almost everything in my life already. The things that I cannot control are what I find entertaining.

As for daydreams, that is something that I do whether I want to or not, and I am attempting to design a snow-melting machine while I do other things. Perhaps I should focus on the future more, but I find that the imagination can take one too far away too fast and I usually end up screwing up my lines of thought with my fears in losing my sanity. It is a slippery slope, trying to maintain complete faculty as well as delve into the unimaginable. The idea is finding the perfect balance in which I do not taint the inspiration that enters my mind, but I don't just accept it all either. The thoughts of the people around you influence the thoughts in your own head, meaning if someone is adamantly thinking about puppies, puppies just might come to mind in the form of a random inspiration. It wasn't your thought initially, and neither is it prophetic.

There are a lot of complex issues to overcome when it comes to the mind.

you have to learn balance, but its when you're on that brink when you have the most power.
I am an inventor as well, and during my most creative thoughts are when the flashes of the future unfold.

you want to trigger prophetic dreams? take your work to sleep with you in your mind and search for complex solutions. your mind will open the hidden doorways, and you will be able to pass within and search and reveal.

I understand when i feel uneasy and paranoid, its when I'm going to receive a prophetic message. if everything is fine and i am at ease with the world, there is nothing to see.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

That is incorrect. It is possible, but the more you rely on these substances, the harder it is to do it without it. You effectively rewire your brain to need them, and thus, can't do it without. But if you try and cultivate the ability without using any sort of external stimulants, then you can master it. It will take longer, but it can be done, and you will be better for it, because you won't be a slave to other stimulants, you will have mastered it on your own, how your body was meant to in the first place.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but you should look up the dream root(Silene Capensis).

Silene capensis (Xhosa: undlela ziimhlophe — “white ways/paths”) (also known as African Dream Root is a plant native to the Eastern Cape of South Africa, where it is regarded by the Xhosa people as a sacred plant. Its root is traditionally used to induce vivid (and according to the Xhosa, prophetic) lucid dreams during the initiation process of shamans, classifying it a naturally-occurring oneirogen similar to the more well-known dream herb Calea zacatechichi.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
your brain naturally carries all the necessary ingredients to see within and beyond, but the true seers live in a natural dream state only functioning in reality, that way they are always open to receive directly from the almighty source which has already lived it for them to see

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Well I was just saying in case some amateur prophet comes across this thread. If you need a little boost, and your prophetic skill are failing you, the dream root is the perfect herb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join