It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictorial Review of the Iranian Navy. Which one has the Bomb?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here is a brief pictorial review of some of the ships and boats of the Iranian Navy.
Try not to laugh, because some of these are formidable.
Another question, which one of these could carry a G.E., Soviet-Chinese assisted Nuclear bomb into Israeli waters or homeland?

My answer: any one of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Very nice thread. None of them has the bomb. Iran knows very well that the U.S. NATO and Israel are itching to bomb them so why instigate? I don't think the U.S. would do to Iran what it did to Japan but you can bet it'll be something swift and crazy. I think this is somewhat dangerous, given all the trouble in the Muslim world already. Mahmoud has to be smarter than the West give him credit for. He managed to survive with the U.S. on every side of him including the Persian Gulf so he can get through this.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Looks like a floating junk yard , notice all the uneven patchwork on one of those ships .

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthwerx
Looks like a floating junk yard , notice all the uneven patchwork on one of those ships .

No, sure didn't but I'll look harder.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i hear the uk navy and air force have some ships and harriers for sale theyed get a bargin now and cameron would probably sell them to them because he's trying to take the shirts of every ones back at the moment and aspechialy how obarma treated him saying france was a better ali than the uk

i'll give you a star and a flag

good work!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
i hear the uk navy and air force have some ships and harriers for sale theyed get a bargin now and cameron would probably sell them to them because he's trying to take the shirts of every ones back at the moment and aspechialy how obarma treated him saying france was a better ali than the uk

i'll give you a star and a flag

good work!

Thank you, and cute photo of the kitten that's been smitten by the thread

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I want one!

edit on 2/19/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Depending on whats in those missile crates, it is concievable this little baby could screw up an aircraft carriers day.....
If they had hundreds of them all attack at once firing missiles from extreme range in at intervals, even old phalanx couldnt tak em al down.
Now, if those are the Skvaal underwater missiles, there could be bad trouble there....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Out standing thread S&F love the hatch up down, some think that this is a real navy? it is amazing what duck tape card board and photoshop can do,well ok maybe not photo shop, oh ya the water proof paint

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I doubt they would risk taking a nuke through..

BTW, those are tiny little subs..
Probably hard to track..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It took us about 10 years to perfect ours from scratch using old rusty obsolete tech nowadays and they are still in that phase so even if they are nuclear hot as in plutonium, yellow cake, type device then probally not as they are not and far from being munitions ready as before you even think of strapping that puppy to something and letting it fly you need to stablize not only the beakers holding the 2 liquids still, stable and fully capped. The way the 2 liquids mix makes the device do what it does. Definately not transit ready in regards to production.They just mastered nuclear power for home heating and that's considerably easier to do then warheads and weaponization.

They are not even suitcase ready currently as they are still years off so any attempts to destabalize the attempts in this case are They are currently classed as "Nuclear Cold" meaning no threat in that regard exists currently.

This is a non issue for now and would only be worried if they either make a play for a neighbour or another.

edit on 20-2-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
Out standing thread S&F love the hatch up down, some think that this is a real navy? it is amazing what duck tape card board and photoshop can do,well ok maybe not photo shop, oh ya the water proof paint

Thank you, it gives another meaning to going down in the clapper, I mean crapper.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
It took us about 10 years to perfect ours from scratch using old rusty obsolete tech nowadays and they are still in that phase so even if they are nuclear hot as in plutonium, yellow cake, type device then probally not as they are not and far from being munitions ready as before you even think of strapping that puppy to something and letting it fly you need to stablize not only the beakers holding the 2 liquids still, stable and fully capped. The way the 2 liquids mix makes the device do what it does. Definately not transit ready in regards to production.They just mastered nuclear power for home heating and that's considerably easier to do then warheads and weaponization.

They ar not even suitcase ready currently as they are still years off so any attempts to destabalize the attempts in this case are They are currently classed as "Nuclear Cold" meaning no threat in that regard exists currently.
This is a non issue for now and would only be worried if they either make a play for a neighbour or another.

Perhaps, but they are very capable of attacking with multiple dirty bombs.
All to bring about the 12th (or what ever number their up to) Imam.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Or photo of the kitten that's been smitten by the nittin'?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Or photo of the kitten that's been smitten by the nittin'?

Why didn't I think of that.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

If this is what is in those tubes, there is defintely reason to be concerned:

The Raduga 3M80, 3M82 and Kh-41 Moskit / SS-N-22 Sunburn are all variants of the same 4.5 tonne supersonic rocket-ramjet missile. This weapon is the primary armament of the PLA-N's new 956E Sovremennyy class destroyers and is credited with a range between 50 and 120 nautical miles.

More recently it has been integrated on the Project 12421 Molniya class missile boats, which carry four rounds.

An air launch centreline tunnel adaptor enables Su-27/30 family strike fighters to carry a single round and this configuration has been displayed on the navalised Su-33, and more recently advertised on the land based Su-35BM Flanker variants.

A coastal defence variant labelled the Moskit E is in development, with a two round TEL based on the MZKT-7930 chassis.

Inertial midcourse guidance is supplemented with an Altair active radar seeker - there are no reports to date of land attack derivatives. The missile is powered by a Turayevo 3D83 ramjet

Unlike subsonic Western anti-ship missiles such as the Harpoon and Exocet, the Moskit is a supersonic sea-skimmer. It can be programmed to fly a high altitude trajectory at Mach 3, or a sea-skimming trajectory at Mach 2.2. If the sea skimming mode is chosen, the missile will be first detected by a warship under attack when it emerges over the horizon at a distance of about 15 to 25 nautical miles. This provides the defences on the ship with about 25-60 seconds of warning time before impact. The raw speed of the Moskit makes it a challenging target for most shipboard defences. All variants use the KTRV-Detal 3A-81E-01 series radar altimeter, similar to the design used in the Kh-59ME / AS-18 Kazoo.

Terminal phase approach to targets is at 10 - 20 m AMSL.

Manufacturer datasheets state the following capabilities for the Moskit E system:
Ability to engage surface targets including warships, transports and ACVs with speeds of up to 100 knots.
Ability to engage targets at sea states of up to 6, and low signature targets at states of up to 5.
Wind speeds of up to 20 m/s.
The fire control system performs automatic test of missiles pre-launch, and can manage and allocate missiles for up to 4 targets.
The missile launch tubes can be deployed on a vessel for up to 18 months without servicing.
The 3M-80E and 3M-80E1 missile seeker has active radar and passive anti-radiation homing capability [likely band limited by antenna design].
The most recent variant is the improved Moskit MVE system:
Ability to fly pre-programmed composite profiles comprising high and low altitude segments.
Range on a low altitude profile of up to 140 km.
Range on a composite flight profile of to 240 km.

www.ausairpower.net...[/ur l]

The US Navy is beginning to acknowledge a growing problem that threatens its freedom of the seas: its strike reach is shrinking and aging, while potential opponents’ attack reach is expanding and modernizing. As new designs replace older planes, its carrier aircraft strike range is shrinking to 1950s levels. Meanwhile, its anti-ship and land attack missiles are generally older, medium-range subsonic designs like the Harpoon Block I, which are much more vulnerable to air defenses. In contrast, China is deploying supersonic SS-N-22 “Sunburn” missiles bought from Russia, and working on a DF-21 anti-ship ballistic missile. The Sunburn is just one of Russia’s supersonic anti-ship missile options for sale, and a joint venture with India has added the supersonic PJ-10 BrahMos.

The math is stark: enemies with longer reach, and better weapons, may be able to create large “no go” zones for the Navy in key conflict areas. In response, think-tanks like CSBA are proposing ideas like AirSea Battle, which emphasizes a combination of advance hardening, more stealth and long-range strike options, and a progressive campaign of blinding strikes and grinding interdiction campaigns. Success will require some changes to American weapons, beginning with the missiles that arm its ships and aircraft.

[url=http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/LRASM-Missiles-Reaching-for-a-Long-Reach-Punch-06752/]http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/LRASM-Missiles-Reac hing-for-a-Long-Reach-Punch-06752/

I first began tracking Iranian production of Sunburns about a year and a half ago when they were claiming production of 100 a month "soon". I didn't believe them capable of accomplishing that at that time, but by now they might be able to produce them in tens per month at least.

Sunburns are genuinely scary given the size of the Persian Gulf, their speed and the delivery method. A force of even 25 small missile boats could launch 8 missiles each before they could be stopped. Even if the entire flotilla was annihilated seconds after luanch, the damage would be done: 200 Sunburns would overwhelm a carrier group's defenses. Iran has about 40 missile boats in their navy that can fire that many. The Revolutionary Guard has a bunch, too, but I don't know how many exactly: they are smaller, more expendable types.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wonder which of these ships are being surrounded by the US Navy?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

None of them. After reading the Debka article, my understanding is that the only thing delaying the Iranians is the Canal Authority. The US ships are simply regathering (after transiting south through the canal) across the bay from the Iranians.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

None of them. After reading the Debka article, my understanding is that the only thing delaying the Iranians is the Canal Authority. The US ships are simply regathering (after transiting south through the canal) across the bay from the Iranians.

Source or link to the Debka file please.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How about a link to the thread?

Here ya go

Peace

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join