It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the live stream on Al Jazeera English cutting out for anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Didn't know where to post this, so please move it if it's in the wrong place.

I have to press the play button about every minute or so because it keeps on stopping itself. I was on Google Chrome, then I tried to watch it on Firefox but it's still happening. Not sure if it's just my computer or not.

english.aljazeera.net...
edit on 19/2/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: added the URL

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

Yeah, I had that trouble earlier.

Try this:

LIVESTATION...AlJazeeraEnglish

It works better and didn't cut out when I viewed.

LIVESTATION is a great source for news stations, just found it and still exploring.
edit on 19/2/2011 by nerbot because: addition

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

I did notice that it stops at a certain point and you have to refresh the site to be able to start the player again. Perhaps they are still experiencing allot of traffic, or the flash player is just bogus. But if it happens every minute or so with you, I start to think that it's a plugin or browser option that makes the page refresh automatically on timed intervals.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thank you this seems to be working a lot better.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Put that one in my bookmarks. Thx for the alternative!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

Yeah it could be a problem with the plug-in. I'll look into that too, thanks for the advice

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm sure it's a temporary glitch...the Youtube live stream wasn't working at all, let alone stopping. That's why I did some exploring for alternatives.

AlJazeera are also experiencing transmission problems with some of their stations and it may be linked to that with some kind of hacking or blocking going on.

There's so much "they" don't want us to see. "They" being whoever is the bad guy at the time.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

I have recently had the following experiences watching AlJazeera (English) via the internet. I used to use Internet Explorer (Win7_64bit). However, after approximately one month of viewing my browser started to flash a message stating that FlashPlayer needed to download a plug-in in order to "view content on this website". Foolishly I downloaded. From that moment on, when I used Internet Explorer, the Aljazeera site featured a big green start button which, when I pressed opened another 'AlJazeera' window. When I pressed play the window simply went blank - no connection.

I then switched to using Google Chrome to connect to AlJazeera and got through to the site straight away. The live streaming commenced as soon as I pressed play. However, at the bottom of the page was a message stating that I needed to download a plugin in order to see content on the page.

This time I did not download the plugin and have been able to successfully watch AlJazeera (via Google Chrome) for two weeks.

However, last night (20/5/2011) reception kept cutting out and I had to keep pressing 'play' to continue the connection. Finally reception stopped altogether. Google Chrome will no longer stream AlJazeera on my computer. In fact neither will Firefox.

In my opinion an organisation is successfully interferring with FlashPlayer in order to block internet access to AlJazeera English. I contacted my ISP and the technician said my ISP does not operate any internet filters - he was able to view AlJazeera live stream using Internet Explorer.

He informed me that the only item that could be 'affecting' the reception was the plugin I downloaded - he had proved that the problem was specific to my computer..........

I agree that LiveStation is a great way of viewing AlJazeera - far better connectivity than the web. However, it just goes to show that free open access on the internet is disappearing.......even in "open" societies!!!!
edit on 20-5-2011 by JohnPL because: grammatical correction

new topics

top topics

join