It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deniable Reality of 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Ok cool thanks. I just wondered how they could give a year and stand by it in such a way because of the unpredictability, even of a studied object

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Hey ditto that. Every other night we get a brilliant display of stars. Its strange and I am in awe but I wonder why is it that the stars have been so bright as of late?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So how come amateur astronomers are not reporting the existence of new stars. If these are bright enough to notice in a city then they would alter the shapes of constellations and be readily observed. This makes no sense to me. Maybe you are just becoming aware of the sky. If you think you are on to something then get out a book of constellations and tell us where the new object is by drawing the constellation and telling us where these new stars are located.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InsaneInsurgent11

Many stars are red. Arcturus, Antares, and Betelgeuse are good examples. Stars come in all colors although the limitations of our eyes restrict the ability to see particular colors. The reason for all of the different colors is the range of temperatures of stars.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

That's an excellent question. A while back the maximum had been predicted to be 2012 and it was predicted to a greater than normal maximum. Maximums happen every 11 years. Actually, on average they happen every 11 years. The sun is a rather unpredictable object. That's a polite way of say that those studying the sun are having a hard time predicting how the sun is going to behave.

If you take a look at the following page and the graph on it you'll see the cycle prediction based on the number of sunspots.
New Solar Cycle Prediction

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by benardo
reply to post by OneLife

I've kept this in a long time because of how hard it is to believe but,
A couple years ago after having 11 surgeries and on heavy pain killers

There's your problem believe it or not the very pills they prescribe you can cause mental damage however short or long term i would suggest getting a CAT scan and/or an MRI ASAP.
edit on 23-2-2011 by rationaluser because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Because they are not required to. I'm not a blind individual, if I can see I rather see for myself.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

So you think that an amateur who could become world famous for discovering a new star would avoid that? Of course they are not required to, but they do. There are clubs all over the world. They regularly report to international groups naming comets. They make the news as they report new finds. Getting recognition is a fun part of the game.

If there were new stars amateurs would be all abuzz with the new sights to view. There are no new stars in the sky.

It seems rather clear that what is happening is you've noticed the existing stars and nothing more. That's great. More people need to look up and enjoy the beauty of the night sky.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

Lots of people have visions. Most people I know have had at least one over the course of their lifetime. Its not as abnormal as you think it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Makes me wonder what kind of people are you hanging around?
edit on 24-2-2011 by Lateralus51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

Same kind of people as the ones you will find on this website. Psychics, conspiracy theorists, enlightened and misunderstood people that the mainstreamers think are nuts... I have visions too, occasionally, but I haven't in a long time.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

What specifically do you feel is changing? Can you give a specific answer, or do you just feel that something major is going to happen? I'm a 2012 non believer myself, mainly because the television shows and the websites all show incorrect data and make outlandish assumptions to support their claims, but I also feel that something will happen soon. I can't put my finger on it or make a specific claim as to what I feel, but I definitely have this feeling that we are building up to something. Perhaps I read too much ATS.

So again, can you say anything definitively as to what's going to happen, or do you think we could all be feeling something as a result of all that's been put forth concerning the 2012 hypotheses? I don't even believe the theories and I still feel something. What the hell is going on?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't reply before this. I can't get to computers on the weekends, usually... Anyway, I do not know specifics, but I know something catestrophic is happening. You are not alone. People all over the world, everywhere, are saying the same thing. At first I thought I was special and I was alone, but then I found that like...10% of the population feels the same. My friend and I were talking about 2012 last night. She said, "What if it doesn't happen?" I said, "I feel that it is going to happen." She said "I've had that same feeling for the last four years and nothing has happened." I said, "I've had it since Y2K, but every year, it grows stronger."

I have had that feeling since I was 5 years old. I remember being pushed around in a stroller during a Y2K street party and I had a stuffed toy that looked like a blue beetle and had the words "Y2K bug" embroidered in gold on its back. I was looking at the sky and looking at the movement of all the people and expecting it to happen any second. Of course, I was 5 so I didn't think about it logically. I just had that feeling and I heard that something would happen in Y2K, so I was waiting. I wasn't scared. I believe that all the peaceful, stable, veiled systems we have right now are about to come to an end. Their seams are about to burst. Then, there will be chaos. Perhaps supernatural chaos, perhaps natural disasters, perhaps the greatest war in history... I personally think all of those things will happen at the same time.

Its true that there is a galactic alignment in 2012. One can question why the Mayans stopped their calander, and if in fact the other prophecies were pointing to 2012, but everybody, even scientists, agree that there is a big, rare, planetary alignment. And if you believe in astrology, that would mean great changes.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Many people thinking or believing about something is not evidence for or against an idea. You may believe that something is happening, but you can't put a finger on it. Are you just going to wait until something happens and then proclaim success?

Its true that there is a galactic alignment in 2012. One can question why the Mayans stopped their calander, and if in fact the other prophecies were pointing to 2012, but everybody, even scientists, agree that there is a big, rare, planetary alignment. And if you believe in astrology, that would mean great changes.

Sure some sort of alignment happens in 2012. It has also happened every year. It happened in 2011, 2010, 2009, etc. The Mayans did not stop their calendar. It simply rolls over just like the odometer in a car. If the odometer has 5 digits to roll and the car travels far enough to roll over the digits from all 9s to all 0s does the car end? There are no prophecies about 2012. There are no Mayan prophecies or other prophecies. There is no big rare planetary alignment in 2012. The last big one was in 2000.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralus51

"I feel that something widespread and catastrophic is going to happen very soon," for all you NUTJOBS out there that think like this.

Let me explain something to you, i know its going to be hard to understand.

YOU are NOT special. YOU feel/sense nothing. you know how i know? because YOU are NOT special.

YOURE a human, im a human. all my friends are humans. my parents are human. none of them sense anything. YOURE NOT SPECIAL.

if you claim to be sensing something its most likely your paranoia. Get over your self.

Im sick of all these religious people...of course the apocalypse is gona happen in MY lifetime. why wouldnt god want to meet ME?

of course all the prophets were talking about MY time, why would they be talking about MY time???

GET OVER YOUR SELF

Wow......... talk about inferiority complex.....

I'm not even gonna comment this, let's just say that your perception is illusionary, and that your hate and constant stream of negativity is duly noted and says more about you than the people you are demeaning.

So basically what you're saying is: I'm not human, I can't feel? I can't sense? You're dictating reality now aren't you? Intuition is dead, imagination too. HA! Don't make me laugh. I'm quite sure I'm fully capable of feeling and sensing perceptions.

Pfffttt......

Question, is there anyone else on this world that think and act EXACTLY the way I do? If not, then I'm unique, so are everybody else, we must be, it's the only logical conclusion, see it's just a matter of perception but you seem intent to dwell in and harbor negativity, your choice I guess.. keep doing that, that'll make you a unique and beautiful flower when the coming of age creeps into the picture. You watch

edit on 18-4-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join