It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros responds to Glenn Beck, Fox News attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Speaking about Beck, Soros told Zakaria, "I would be amused if people saw the joke in it," adding that he thinks Beck is "projecting" the views of Rupert Murdoch, who owns Fox News, and who Soros accused of "telling the people some falsehoods and leading the government in the wrong direction." Soros said he thinks Fox News "has imported the methods of George Orwell, you know, newspeak, where you can tell the people falsehoods and deceive them."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The original aired on Fareed Zakaria GPS.

I know it is short, I am surprised Soros responded at all personally. I found it incredibly amusing that he turns the tables and says if there really is a puppet master, Rupert Murdoch and his media empire is far more of a likely suspect than himself.
The 1984 reference to faux news was also spot on imo, make up your facts and let the masses believe it.
edit on 19-2-2011 by searching4truth because: oh because I hit enter and didnt have any of my post lol

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth
[mor
edit on 19-2-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the tidbit....

George Soros is a formidable dude.
But who and how he got the very begginings of his empire together?......likspittle to the rothschiles .....
The ploy i think is that there are factions within the illumes and they are working at cross purposes to bring about their various futures.
I kinda tend to imagine there is NO factions of any note, and that they are in concert all the time...whether it looks that way superficially r not.
The uber rich will always be protecting their exclusive hold on what they have, and what they intend to have.
As time passes, the holders will get fewer and riicher.
edit on 19-2-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Never mind. Sorry.
edit on 2/19/2011 by Amaterasu because: Was no content when I first clicked.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yeah, when I hit enter it posted instead of bouncing to the comment section. It happens
I guess

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Personally, I think Beck just has a bee in his boxers because he found out the 80 year old billionaire is bangin a 22 year old, but whatever

One thing I found interesting in the clip is that Soros is on the record as saying he has no religious affiliation and that he is atheist. However, when Zakaria said that he is Jewish, he nodded in agreement. So, I wonder if he hoping to rally the support of the Jews, if he changed his mind as he sees the sun set on his life, or if he just didn't want to get into it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Two opposing teams in the power games duking it out in public for a little fun and games. Can't take anything any of them says as fully legit.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
love how people hate fox and think its so intelectual to call them faux news, and then quote something from the huffington post,lol wich is the biggest liberal rag of crap in the world............. also funny for the huffington post to report on how big and evil rupert murdoch and fox is when they just got sold to AOL,hahahha be careful your liberal agenda is showing.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Can you tell me what Glen Beck said about George Soros that is not true? I would like to know.
edit on 2/19/2011 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
He used to be on TV all the time and was a huge critic of the Bush-43 administration.

Guess this is payback for him in a lot of ways?

He also thinks Obama's lost control.

This whole puppetmaster thing and lumping everyone into the same category that's becoming one huge kluge is getting just crazy. Think about it. So we have one puppetmaster fighting another? One good and one evil? Both evil? Both good?

Hell, according to this place, they control everything and everybody and they're all just evil. And maybe they do, and maybe they are, but does that matter in the end? As it stands we're stagnated, stalemated, paralyzed, and ripe for the picking by all of them.

To make any progress at all, if we are truly "fighting" both of these evil, battling nemesis who are actually apparently one, how do we pick who to "fight?" The lesser evil, even temporarily? None of them? Both of them? I'm to the point of saying, pick one, preferably the one that will do the least harm and at least some good, and stick with it. At least this way you'd be doing more than sitting here puzzling and doing nothing. And t least there would be some forward motion there.

This whole thing, which I used to be so serious about, is now just making me sit and shake my head in disgust and wonder. "Your guy is bad." "Oh yeah, well your guy is worse." "Nu uh." "Uh huh."
edit on 2/19/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
love how people hate fox and think its so intelectual to call them faux news, and then quote something from the huffington post,lol wich is the biggest liberal rag of crap in the world............. also funny for the huffington post to report on how big and evil rupert murdoch and fox is when they just got sold to AOL,hahahha be careful your liberal agenda is showing.

I quoted the Huffington Post, or rather linked to their article, because CNN (where the interview aired ) only contained the video snippet and I am not computer literate enough to embed off of CNN and feel that content is important rather than type a sentence and link.

My liberal agenda? I have no liberal agenda, while I claim independent I am far more conservative than most people around here, I just tend to educate myself the issues instead of believe Fox, who repeatedly air false or misleading info, faux does in fact tend to describe their news style

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a Knight in Shining Armor waiting in the wings. The whole system is crap, however I am beyond tired of seeing atsers blaming all the world's ills on Soros because Beck said so

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

I agree, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a Knight in Shining Armor waiting in the wings. The whole system is crap, however I am beyond tired of seeing atsers blaming all the world's ills on Soros because Beck said so

I have to agree. IMO, Murdoch and Soros both have agendas and the party that is thrown in the end, won't include an invite for any us.

Look, let's just see it for what it is ... just another distraction pushed out in the MSM to distract the kiddies.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Not all are. But I do think some people just plain see evil everywhere and allow it to paralyze them.

Beck also said Google and Soros toppled the Egyptian government. Even if they did, was that such a bad thing? Suppose they did and caught the other side unaware and threw the other "side" into a tizzy?" At least the peoples' odds, though they still might be bad, are still better this way than the other way—would you rather have more wars like Iraq and Afghanistan? Would you rather have a chance at a democratically elected leader than no chance at all? There are tradeoffs everywhere in life. Just my immediate and current thoughts. Nothing more.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I treat the people who always mention this Soros/NWO/Illuminati stuff like trolls. Soros is a liberal, atheist, and a Jew. Three BIG reasons for him to be included in a retarded conspiracy theory.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Throwback because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

There you go. Everything's a distraction and so we're focusing on the distraction. What should we be doing instead? Are we making any progress? On what fronts?

link   
My apologies to all:

The interview airs tomorrow on Fareed Zakaria GPS, which is why there is only an awkard snippet

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That's what I want to know too. What exactly ARE we supposed to paying attention too? These theories are half baked.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Not all are. But I do think some people just plain see evil everywhere and allow it to paralyze them.

Beck also said Google and Soros toppled the Egyptian government. Even if they did, was that such a bad thing? Suppose they did and caught the other side unaware and threw the other "side" into a tizzy?" At least the peoples' odds, though they still might be bad, are still better this way than the other way—would you rather have more wars like Iraq and Afghanistan? Would you rather have a chance at a democratically elected leader than no chance at all? There are tradeoffs everywhere in life. Just my immediate and current thoughts. Nothing more.

Oh I agree!!!!!!!

However, to quote B. Spears
Beck can kiss my lily white arse. Look I am not saying that people with money do not exert their influence, they absolutely do. I just do not see G. Soros as the ultimate puppet master. If he chose to give his boat load of cash to conservative causes Beck would never have gone on his mission, and I wouldn't be see on a multitude of threads that Soros is behind everything from government collapses to depopulation to sheesh I bet he's the one guy with proof of aliens and is keeping it from us

Neither I nor Glenn, have any proof that Soros was behind the fall Egyptian government. The overthrow of a dictator has happened many times before and it will continue to happen for as long as there are dictators.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hey there lucidity

Since you're so good at embedding, www.cnn.com...#/video/world/2011/02/18/gps.soros.on.iran.cnn
It's Soros on Iran, he says that it is his bet that the Iranian regime will not last another year. IF he truly is the master the clock is ticking on his wishes.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I would say that we are making some progress. More and more people are waking up to the unbalanced system that we've collectively developed to live and operate on this world. I don't think we have to look to far to see the imbalances we've manifested.

I can't really tell you what you and anyone else should be focusing on, as that is debatable. IMO, we are about to experience a crash in the financial system that has never before been see in the common era. The dollar being the world's reserve currency, and the fact that all the world's markets trade along with the dollar, should be the center of our utmost attention, as its current devaluation is expressing itself in all the rioting countries around the world. If you think that QE1 and QE2 had no effect on this, I can help point you to some articles that clearly link these two situations.

What we should focus on and continue to keep in our focus, is our individual and collective liberties as human beings and be sure that global changes that come about, benefit humanity, versus further indebt or inslave us in a system that really on serves a few.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join