It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baffling Deaths of Lake Erie Geese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Headline borrowed from Earthfiles

“They will fall out of the sky and have trouble staying upright.”

- Dave Sherman, Biologist, Crane Creek Wildlife
Research Station, Ohio Depart. of Natural Resources

Dozens of mallard ducks and Canada geese have recently died along western Lake Erie's shoreline, while others are so sick they cannot hold up their heads, fly, or maintain control of their motor functions. Tissue samples have been sent to the national wildlife laboratory in Wisconsin for analysis, but so far no one has an answer and Ohio wildlife investigators are baffled. “They're throwing their heads back. They're losing all balance and literally almost all back-somersault and have a seizure,” says Laura Zitzelberger, Nature's Nursery Operations Director. Anyone who sees geese acting strangely can contact the Crane Creek Wildlife Research Station at 419-898-0960.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Is it a natural illness, drugging, or poising? Is this related to the mass die offs from earlier this year?

Has anyone heard of the results of testing that have been done on some of these mass die offs? I'm REALLY curious as to how many of the die offs are still going on but are not being reported! I still believe these animals are acting as the canary in the mineshaft.

And the mystery continues.....

Peace & Respect,

As
edit on 19-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Migratory birds like geese have small amounts of magnetite in their nervous systems. I believe that the magnetic field changes, which have actually caused airports to recallibrate their compasses, have had an impact on the migratory animals. I'm not sure what is causing it exactly, but I think the magnetic changes are related.

S+F.
edit on 19-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I understand the magnetic fields and disorientation ...But the other symptoms mentioned? Can magnetic fields account for this?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The mass die offs have not stopped. There has been a report pretty much every day of at least one. It is a bit baffling in general.

top topics

join