It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in Protective Air Space..Washington DC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A cigar shaped UFO was seen above the US Capitol Feb 14, 2011

Here is an eye wittness report of the event:

www.ufocasebook.com...
edit on 2/19/2011 by coolottie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
this looks like a reflection on his window to me.my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

hmm, not sure about this...sure there would be alot more witnesses..there would need to be a lot more footage and testimony for this to be credible

cheers for posting though

stu

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Long exposure or a shooting star caught on camera? If it was a cigar UFO it would have had to fly by really fast or there would be a lot more photos and videos about it. I am wary of MUFON.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
rorschach-pixels

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
More For All You Nay Sayers, you don't waste a minute,

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
In the eyewitness account, this guy mentions he shot that picture from his bedroom window. Hmmm, doubtful. That image is one of the most popular angles for taking pictures of Washington, DC at night. From Arlington National Cemetery, near the Marine Corps monument. See nearly identical pictures below from two other photographers. I wonder if all three of them live together. If that is the view from his bedroom, that is one of the best views in the nation. I'm gonna have to call BS on this one.

edit on 19-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: changed she to he

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

sorry still not convinced lol ... how do we know thats a video of the same event? and certainly doesnt look cigar shaped...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

When you read the wittness statement he does not say that he took a picture, he is just a wittness.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct, it does not say he took that picture, I assumed that too quickly. So who took the original? Can we source that to someone standing in Arlington? Did the picture taker make any statement anywhere?

I'm just a skeptic on this one is all.
edit on 19-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Great find - in the link in your most recent post it says the images were taken from a webcam - and obviously its a no-fly zone...

Coooollll...............

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

Well, Thank you for pointing that out. I am new on ATS, so I guess one positive out of 6 negatives is pare for a new member.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
Great find - in the link in your most recent post it says the images were taken from a webcam - and obviously its a no-fly zone...

Coooollll...............

It's not a no-fly zone. Reagan National Airport is directly adjacent to the monuments in Washington DC, and planes fly in all the time. There are restrictions, but it's not a no-fly zone. There was a time after 9-11 that planes did not fly into National airport, but that was lifted in 2002.

If you ever visited the Lincoln memorial (or especially the Jefferson memorial), you can see many planes flying past it towards the airport, which is right across the Potomac River. Those are planes that are approaching to land heading south.

This picture is taken looking east from Arlington, It's hard to tell exactly how far that object is from the camera -- it could be even another mile farther east than the capital building -- so you can't tell which approach if would be using, if it was a plane. BUT, that picture could easily be a long exposure of a plane flying into Reagan National, circling around east of the city to land heading north.

edit on 2/19/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Here is a map of the restricted air space, and this was in affect 2010, And it has been a restricted air space way before 9/11, And the photograph is not blurried and that does not look like a plane. Plus the other is a video of the same kind of lights other ATS members are posting. Thank you for your comment and I should have put all the the things up that people will question.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123

hmm, not sure about this...sure there would be alot more witnesses..there would need to be a lot more footage and testimony for this to be credible

cheers for posting though

stu

No there wouldn't need more witnesses. Most People Do Not Look Up! If They Do, Most Do Not Assess What They're Seeing And Do Knee Jerk Dismissals!

That was one of the most silliest arguments I'd ever heard about hoaxing the Jerusalem ufo that was legitimate.

And just because someone thinks it could be a reflection, doesn't mean it is. The one filming it has a clue, and the video is but supportive evidence to the MAIN evidence, the TESTIMONY!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Forgot the link

www.natcapwg.cap.gov...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The witness report of a disk shaped object was made on 5/2/11 - nine days before the alleged video footage. There is no corroboration of the video at all.

Come on folks, 4 hours and none of you noticed that! You have to sharpen up your act really.

edit on 19/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I'm afraid I have to call "BS" on this too.

I live here....across the river, in Arlington. There was nothing in the news, not Monday, nor all week, for anything like this at all.

I am surprised by the YouTuber, and the claim it came from Mufon (might want to check into that...).

That view is also, quite amazingly "good" for a "webcam"....go to Google Maps, to see what I mean. Pay note of the distance....from Lincoln Memorial, all the way to the U.S. Capitol. Look at the arrangement....and the fact that the Potomac River begins almost immediately West of the Lincoln Memorial...putting the camera (as already mentioned) in Arlington, across the river.

Because of the way ALL that distance is foreshortened, looks more like a professionally done photograph. And, is oreinted vertically too? Lke I said...very odd "webcam"......

(Did I see someone mention that it isn't the exact photo of the "sighting"? SO, it's a "re-creation"??)

If that's the case, then it's simply an eyewitness?? How does that image appear? Anyone see that this smells?

Also....whatever is supposed to be "cigar shaped" looks exactly like a moving light that was caught in a long exposure. AND, there is no way to suggest it is "within" any "protected" airspace.

BTW....the link above was to the ADIZ and RFZ info for the D.C. area. The only totally prohibited area is...well, the Prohibited Area....P-56. (Two....one bigger one covers the Mall, form Lincoln to the Capitol, with a bulge for the White House, and the other is circular, and is for the Naval Observatory....official residence for the VEEP).

www.faa.gov...
edit on 19 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

More likely an airplane.
www.rense.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join