It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch Brothers Behind Wisconsin Effort To Kill Public Unions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Did I get this right: Some people think doing away with unions will bring jobs back to the US.

Currently less than 15% jobs in the US are unionized. In this case it is state employees who's job cannot really be sent overseas but that is for another day.

Probably some people even think only when the cost of operating in the US is just as cheap as some third world s*** hole plus the cost of retooling here, will the jobs come back. And only if that condition is promised long term to shareholders.

So when a factory can use child labor, pay their "employees" less than one dollar and hour, pour toxic crap where ever they want, and is able to bribe local government to turn a blind eye to corruption and extortion will our manufacturing base be on fire once again on our shores. That will be a glorious day.

I will give you the unions are a piece of the puzzle for the gutting of our economy but they ain't the whole enchilada. They are an easy scape goat partly by their own doing but to claim it will all be better when they are gone by the talking heads in the MSM is myopic at best.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I do not think that anyone is arguing that private Unions are the only ones to blame. There are several reasons, including, but not limited to Unions, NAFTA, Globalization, etc.

Enchiladas . . . now I am hungry

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is the reality of the Koch brother. Brilliant video showing one of the worlds greatest conspiracies in action.

video from youtube, originally from : hungrybeast.abc.net.au...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Koch-Backed Group Accused Of Voter Suppression In Wisconsin Recall Elections

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You're so ignorant. There's nothing "conservative" about corporate corruption. Conservatives believe in the power of the individual, this is the opposite of that. By mindlessly attacking "conservatives" you are playing the game that the evil, corrupt people like those mentioned in this thread title want you to play.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join