12 Things You Need to Know About the Uprising in Wisconsin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
THIS is what you get after a lifetime as a public servant:

DISRESPECT

And right wingers love it. Don't you see what an idiot you were? Don't you see what a greedy sleaze bucket you were to actually work for the STATE? Well, neither do I. But right-wingers do. They are all-seeing.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
this is what just came out this morning.

Wisc. governor: ‘We are willing to take this as long as it takes’

Stumble upon

This is going to get nasty. I wonder if this will spill over into other states.

Live Feed:
WATCH LIVE: 75,000+ protesters converge on Madison, Wisconsin
edit on 2/20/2011 by ugie1028 because: Added another linky

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
THIS is what you get after a lifetime as a public servant:
Public service should be a sacrifice. You do it because you believe in helping your fellow man. It was never meant to make you rich. Unions should not be permitted in government, because they breed waste. Pure and simple, unions cause a waste of financial resources. Look at the unionized response to the snow storms in New York. This is a prime example. In the private sector, I really could not care less than I do whether they have unions or not as long as we get rid of this "to big to fail" crap. When unions render a company unable to compete, that company should be allowed to go into bankruptcy. The taxpayer should not be bailing them out.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

12 Things You Need to Know About the Uprising in Wisconsin

Right off the bat, what is occurring in Wisconsin is not an 'uprising'. Your use of the word in this context is incorrect and at first blush, appears intended solely to stir the political pot... to assure separation of ATS members by way of their political leanings.

Yes, I do understand that this is a political topic and spitting and clawing is what you do. I just find the incorrect word application a little annoying. You will have to forgive me.

What IS happening in Wisconsin is a partisan match between gladiatorial loyalists; ie: governor and organized labor, with the latter exercising their constitutional rights at assembly and 'protest'.

Seriously now, there is no intention to overthrow the government of Wisconsin so... it is really not an uprising in the classical sense and no, you can't link this event to those in Tunisia, Egypt, Iran and Libya.

This being said, however, we should note that if this had occurred in Minnesota or California, it could have been called an uprising or coup... with anything from a dope head to a former professional wrassler to a movie actor becoming the next ruler.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Probably the most ridiculous post on this thread yet. People apply for jobs because they're out of work or want to move up. You seem to be saying these people should not have applied for these jobs and should have never expected a pension. Sorry. Gotta be harsh. Totally idiotic. As in DUMB and living in a world that never existed.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
YOU'RE LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The state is in huge debt! More liberal propaganda I suppose....

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Devide and conquer is the name of the game.

The whole idea here is to get two groups fighting with each other so you don't notice the banksters and wall street stealing the wealth of the nation and it's workers, and calling it stimulus.

Also, isn't it interesting that all we heard after the November elections was the media saying if they don't extend the tax breaks for the millionares there will be no job creation?
Well, they extended them, so where are all those jobs?

We gotta give tax breaks to the super wealthy but take grandma's medicare to pay for the shortage in BigGov's funds. Must we continue this foolishness?
edit on 20-2-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Like I said, most conservatives will simply ignore this quote from the article:

." At the beginning of this year, the state was on course to end 2011 with a budget surplus of $120 million. As Ezra Klein explained, newly elected GOP Governor Scott Walker then " signed two business tax breaks and a conservative health-care policy experiment that lowers overall tax revenues"

Because the truth doesn't matter, does it?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here is ONE thing to know about the "uprising" in Wisconsin .......

It is a bunch of spoiled brat union lackeys upset that the gravy train may be coming to an end.

"Public servant"? Why is it that anyone who works in the public sector is a "servant"? You have a job, just like anyone else who is lucky enough these days to have a job. Be thankful for it. If you are a "servant", then we are ALL "servants" to someone. Get over it.

Anyone whose salary and benefits are paid for by the public should not be allowed to be union. The public should NOT be allowed to be held hostage by union greed.

If a private company like GM wants to have unions with ridiculous wages and benefits I could care less. But then when that greed and selfishness puts the company under, they should go into bankruptcy or go out of business. They should not get bailed out by the taxpayer.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

With regards to linking this event to others, I have to impart some speculation that it is indeed possible simply due to the numbers of protests going on worldwide.

Has there been a change in media coverage lately? Can we blame that on WikiLeaks perhaps emboldening others to refrain from abject cencorship? Either way, the numbers seem indicative of general unrest worldwide.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

He seemed to give people a break and the state couldn't manage itself because if its size. I see no problem with his policies therefore, and the government workers should be reduced. Suck it up. You can't take from the poor and give to the rich for long. These protests therefore seem to be purely "complaining", because they were treated higher than their worth, then valued back to their correct levels and now they want what they had back, when in fact by doing so the many have to pay for it.

Nope. Not class warfare. Not wrong either. It seems to me that the government did something retarded, then fixed it, and the beneficiaries keep complaining that they want their benefits back. This is why you treat government workers as just above the lowest class. Because the government is a slave and the lowest class. It is not royalty nor is it special. You do your job, you get an income to support yourself, then you are dismissed when you are no longer needed.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
OP:

PLEASE respond to these key points about unions.

Until you do, you have no argument.

*UNIONS are largely responsible for the outsourcing of labor to foreign countries.

*Unions crippled the auto industry with exorbitant wages, benefits and self-serving union bosses.

*The decline of unions is a long time coming. Labour unions introduce rigidity into labor markets. Increasing wages above the market rate actually increases long-term unemployment.

*It is difficult to fire incompetent workers and reward ones who perform exceptionally well. This can distort incentives in the labor market.

*Unions have declined largely because they have become less relevant in a global economy. Middle class workers are more likely to be employed by small service firms.

*Unions have negotiated benefits in excess of company profits so much so that the airlines have had to declare bankruptcy and divest themselves of their pension obligations in order to stay in business.

*Unions, through these ridiculously high wages for unskilled labor, exacerbate the demand for illegal alien labor.

What? You're not up to the challenge?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow
Here is ONE thing to know about the "uprising" in Wisconsin .......

It is a bunch of spoiled brat union lackeys upset that the gravy train may be coming to an end.

Wow. You truly are an incredible person. You're psychic, and obviously know what's going on in these people's minds. And they're scummy, aren't they? They want to screw everybody else over, don't they? Well of course they do. You KNOW that. You're clearly superior and in a position to judge, by golly, and you're going to JUDGE. People don't take a job from the state because they want a job. No no no no. They take those jobs because they're phony, shallow, inferior people.

But you know that.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XEyeHandX
Great post my friend.The masses comlpetely forgot who fought and died for the simple work standards we have now.The unions are not the enemy here.They are fighting for all working class people to keep wages up for everyone.Union wages fall that means all wages fall and holiday pay,40hr work weeks,ot pay will follow.All union haters wake up and realize what your screaming for becoause your just steping on your own toes.Man its amazing how powerfull propaganda is.Read between the lines people.Our working rights are at stake.

Not at all. Just imagine how much money is at stake. Not only do the union employees get their "Cadillac" (that's an Obamanism, not my wording) wages and benefits but the union officials and the politicos are skimming unthinkable amounts off the top. How about that, unions support pro-union candidates. What does the "Cadillac" plan buy the thugs at the top? Blind allegiance by their well payed Roman guard er....... I meant public school teachers when the status quo is questioned. This isn't about losing wages and benefits, this is about losing union dues. And thus the demonstrations in Wisconsin at the slightest suggestion of public employees paying their share. Bringing the vaunted public educational system to a halt. The world didn't end, damn! Let it go on for a couple of months and the unemployed parents in Wisconsin might start home-schooling and further prove what a sham the public educational system is...... You progressive McMansioners should show your dedication to the principals. Do what the Obama's do, don't leave your children in the hands of these union pleebs. Send them to private schools. Get real value for your educational dollars. "The children are our future" don't cha know? I know, then you would be footing the bill. Giving up one of your two "beemers". Only one trip to the islands a year. Wadda piddy! But that's the payoff for the non-union elites that back the public school teachers. You've made public schools into private schools at the expense of everyone. Glorified babysitting.

This is nothing folks. Watch how the cops and firemen react when their time comes. That's already hitting the fan in New Jersey. In recent weeks the newspapers have reported of gang presence and activities in towns where it was "previously unknown". In actuality not unknown just unreported, unadvertised. And it's been there for years, imagine that? We wouldn't want to lay off public servants with that gang threat now would we? Police state coming.

The Star-Ledger is a northern New Jersey newspaper. This from January 28th, 2011:

Gangs have presence in 254 towns, in every county in N.J., survey shows

The gangs have been there for decades. The violence has been there. The newspapers and other media always downplayed that. Why now? Layoffs are imminent and those layoffs will threaten public safety or so we are told. The same progressive pleebs that screamed for the rights of incarcerated gang members now threaten us with "increased" gang violence should there be lay offs of union police. Imagine that!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
BTW:
"(that's an Obamanism, not my wording)"

I think it IS your wording.
edit on 20-2-2011 by ClintK because: wrong post

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
First of, Ezra Klein is a progresssive nutjob who is biased to the extreme.
Second, his math doesn't add up.

Update: I've been persuaded that the surplus-to-deficit picture is more complicated that I initially understood. The budget report is working with two time periods simultaneously: 2010-2011, and then 2011-13. The $130 million deficit now projected for 2011 isn't the fault of the tax breaks passed during Walker's special session, though his special session created about $120 million in deficit spending between 2011 and 2013 -- and perhaps more than that, if his policies are extended. That is to say, the deficit spending he created in his special session is about equal to the deficit Wisconsin faces this year, but it's not technically correct to say that Walker created 2011's deficit. Rather, he added $120 million to the 2011-2013 deficits, and perhaps more in the years after that.

Form the actual article he wrote.
voices.washingtonpost.com...

Now the OP has taken a blog based on the article that Klein wrote and put a futher spin on things.

Folks, I thought we were to deny ignorance, not promote it!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

When conservatives can't argue with FACTS, they call the person disseminating them a "nutjob."

Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Isn’t it wonderful that the liberal left communist demoncrats are turning this great nation into a third world country? Pretty soon we’ll all be wiping with our right hand and eating with our left. The unions drive everything up. This is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! These teachers and state employees are only out for themselves and that’s it. They don’t care about paying what is owed or spending more than they have. They are only out for their own greed! I am conservative and NOT rich. I just think the government should be run like a household. Don’t spend more than you have. If you do you need to cut to get back on budget!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
If your wondering where all the jobs are you can thank N.A.F.T.A. for that....

Every damned living president lined up behind Bush and Clinton pro NAFTA. We must keep that in mind. There is only one political party in this country. And the "party" is a frat run "kegger" and you're not getting in!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
Isn’t it wonderful that the liberal left communist demoncrats are turning this great nation into a third world country? Pretty soon we’ll all be wiping with our right hand and eating with our left. The unions drive everything up. This is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! These teachers and state employees are only out for themselves and that’s it. They don’t care about paying what is owed or spending more than they have. They are only out for their own greed! I am conservative and NOT rich. I just think the government should be run like a household. Don’t spend more than you have. If you do you need to cut to get back on budget!

Adress the OP. Making a speech that labels people might make you feel good, but this accomplishes nothing, other than establishing the fact that you simply don't want to challenge the OP and want to make speeches and label viewpoints

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum