It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Yeah It's been like that for awhile now, keeps coming back though. Running that site must be hell with the amount of attacks I guess they get.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Illuminizard

I'm sorry but no if you have a group you hold that group up to what they have done in the past if they have acted like complete twats in the past then that must be remembered. If the current anons don't want to be associated with what has gone on in the past then they need to split and start anew, like a lot of people have been saying, Hiding behind the meaning of the word anonymous is sad and is just a good way for them get away with what they do.

they are a hate group

So are anon

The structure, or lack of structure, is also why it's important for members to remain "cowardly" and hidden. Why would you want to become the face of hundreds of thousands of people all shifting back and forth between hundreds or thousands of different activities that you are in no way associated?

That is one of the biggest jokes I've seen recently. They really need to get how to do this on lock down.

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas

How exactly is ANON a hate group? What ethnic or religious subset are they against? NONE! More lies and misinformation being spewed by someone who clearly does not have a clue. extra DIV

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Did you decide to also ignore what I have posted?

I guess you did or you would of seen
www.religiousfreedomwatch.org...
Click the "Back to Anonymous" link for more.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

I'm sorry but no if you have a group you hold that group up to what they have done in the past if they have acted like complete twats in the past then that must be remembered. If the current anons don't want to be associated with what has gone on in the past then they need to split and start anew, like a lot of people have been saying, Hiding behind the meaning of the word anonymous is sad and is just a good way for them get away with what they do.

they are a hate group

So are anon

The structure, or lack of structure, is also why it's important for members to remain "cowardly" and hidden. Why would you want to become the face of hundreds of thousands of people all shifting back and forth between hundreds or thousands of different activities that you are in no way associated?

That is one of the biggest jokes I've seen recently. They really need to get how to do this on lock down.

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas

How exactly is ANON a hate group? What ethnic or religious subset are they against? NONE! More lies and misinformation being spewed by someone who clearly does not have a clue.

Whooaa, you replied to the wrong guy
... I was not calling Anon a hate group, I was calling WBC a hate group. The person who replied to me put Anon into the context after quoting me. extra DIV

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Member : alvias called ANON a hate group and that is what I responded to.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Did you decide to also ignore what I have posted?

I guess you did or you would of seen
www.religiousfreedomwatch.org...
Click the "Back to Anonymous" link for more.

You do realise that anonymous isn't really racist. Anonymous consists of every racial type there is. Any jokes or insults are merely self-depreciating attempts at humour towards themselves, consisting of years and years of in-jokes.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That would hold more ground if they kept it between themselves, defacing websites is not the way to go about showing your not racist.

I guess you will say harassing the family's of dead people is also just a joke same with the epilepsy forum.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

ANON has the capabilities to attack websites and instead of targeting Govt websites, peoples personal computers and privately owned sites they are going after those with the real power. They are helping us daily by doing what they do best to help us bring TPTB to their knees which they should be commended for.

Left and right people are for ANON and what they are doing, the only group that has a problem with them is TPTB and no one else.
edit on 20-2-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That would hold more ground if they kept it between themselves, defacing websites is not the way to go about showing your not racist.

No, but its a calling card of sorts. The more 'hysterical' or 'lol-inducing' or near the knuckle satire they can employ, they often will.

Quite often though, they mimic the original offense.

In the case of the Habbo raids, the reason they use a black gentleman as their image in that case, is due to a Habbo moderator supposedly banning someone on racist terms.

So Anon attacked the Habbo hotel, with thousands of avatars of an black guy with an
afro guy in a suit. A 'stereotypical' image that was employed with lethal humour.

Or in the case of ACSlaw or HBGary, the methods of revealing the fraud and scams run by these legitimate companies was revealed by mimicking the data theft.

Or when the Indian software companies attempted to derail Wikileaks, Operation payback returned the DDos attacks back to them

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

keep dreaming

twitter.com...

A group of people who aren't tptb and don't like anon, one of many.

Mr L two wrongs don't make a right

Try defending the epilepsy forum raid or the harassment of the dead kids family.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

keep dreaming

twitter.com...

Huh?

Explain your link?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

18 people and a tweet! What Army can be used to stop them??

But you're right. The Westboro supporters in this thread obviously oppose Anon as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

They cleaned it up alot but the link to their main page is still on the right.

A good post to show what they are about.

anonymousdown.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

keep dreaming

I sure will

So... What does make a 'right' then?

Try defending the epilepsy forum raid or the harassment of the dead kids family.

Not defending the 4chan raid on the epilepsy forums at all. That was a 4chan raid. Not an anonymous attack.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Not defending the 4chan raid on the epilepsy forums at all. That was a 4chan raid. Not an anonymous attack.

Oh please it's one in the same.

Forget to sign out up there hey.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Oh please it's one in the same.

Not necessarily. It really isn't that simple.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

keep dreaming

twitter.com...

You hate them because they aren't going after US Federal Govt websites, left wing websites, union websites and all websites who promote Americana and the American way of life. I am all for protesting and having the right to protest but a dead soldier or kids funeral is the absolute last place I'd want to pickett as that shows hate in it's truest form.
edit on 20-2-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

How did you come up with that I would really like to know as it's complete bs.

I don't like them because I know what they are and know what they have done in the past and I don't start supporting something just because it does something I support.

I am all for protesting and having the right to protest but a dead soldier or kids funeral is the absolute last place I'd want to pickett as that shows hate in it's truest form.

You guys like saying this but anon have done worse in the past, going so far as to torment a family for months.

Not necessarily. It really isn't that simple.

It really is.

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas because: spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Fearmonger and hatemongerer is all you will ever be. Trashing Anon while defending Phelps and his brigade of boneheaded douchebags.

You are either for or against Anonymous as you are either for or against WBC and cannot be against ANON while being for WBC.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Looks like the sites are under attack as we speak.

Can't log in to the main one.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join