It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

You really have no idea do you? =/
arstechnica.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by joshnichols189

I stand by my opinion......ROFL
edit on 20-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Sorry if some1 already posted this.

Here's the response from the Westboro Baptist Church:

***Edit****

"official" statement of anonymous concerning the WBC:

anonnews.org...

Don't DDoS. The site is likely a honeypot, it's a waste of time, and plus, we've got safer, better tactics. Read on.

edit on 20-2-2011 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Good Afternoon Everyone.

This letter is posted at:

anonnews.org...

It exists there as a jpg and unformatted text. I have pasted the text below complete with its Creative Commons Attribution license.

It appears that Anonymous did not create the letter to Westboro. They believe this is an attempt to troll for an attack, which some how would result in catching people in a DDoS attack so they can sue them. An apparent "fundraiser".

It also appears that Westboro has put itself on the anon radar screen.

Hope this helps.

Message to the Westboro Baptist Church, the Media, and Anonymous as a whole

Dear Phred Phelps and WBC Phriends,
So we've been hearing a lot about some letter that we supposedly sent you this morning. Problem is,
we're a bit groggy and don't remember sending it. Our best guess is that you heard about us on that
newfangled TV of yours and thought we might be some good money for your little church.
You thought you could play with Anonymous. You observed our rising notoriety and thought you
would exploit our paradigm for your own gain. And then, you thought you could lure some idiots into a
honeypot for more IPs to sue.
This is not so foreign to us; as you may have heard, we trade in Lulz. You just do not have enough to
offer right now.
While Anonymous thanks you for your interest, and would certainly like to take a break and have some
fun with you guys, we have more pressing matters to deal with at the moment.
But, we will keep this application on file, and will certainly contact you if any openings become
available in future.
Next time, don't call us. We'll call you.
Additionally, as your "Press Release" failed to understand: When Anonymous says we support free
speech, we mean it. We count Beatrice Hall among our Anonymous forebears: "I disapprove of what
you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Do some among our number hate you and your cynical exploitation of your human rights for monetary
gain? Of course. But the MoralFags are also the first to admit that they are, in fact, your rights to
exploit.
In closing, let us assure you: We are not BAWWWING sissies, nor are we afraid of your false god;
we're just really busy. Stay tuned, and we'll come back to play another day.
We promise.
To the Media: Just because it was posted on AnonNews doesn't mean every single Anon is in
agreement, in fact in this case it doesn't even mean a single Anon is in agreement. Next time, if you
could give us a few minutes to put all our paperwork in order, we'll be sure to let you know what we're
up to. (LOL)
To Anonymous: It's a trap. They've got their ports wide open to harvest IPs to sue. Don't DDoS, and
boycott Operation Westboro. If you really want to continue messing with them, just send them a few
male prostitutes and faxes of goatse. Nothing more.
(Note: This letter was written by more than 20 Anons, at the same time, and none of them were inbred
family members. Unlike that other, #ty "Press Release".)
We are Anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

All content on this website is automatically licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license. You are free to redistribute and/or remix it, but you have to credit the author, or, if the author is unknown ("Anonymous"), place a backlink to the corresponding page on AnonNews and attribute it to "Anonymous".

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by manuellabors

Oh thanks. overlooked that.

Just wanted to post some 'gundpowder' for the discussion

My opinion is this group of people (WBC) is not even worth a single syscall / braincells activity.
And free speech is free speech is free speech

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Interesting turn of events if this is indeed true?

Hmm.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by molecularstranding

if you do not agree with the WBC then let them be and move on and do your thing

I can only imagine what America would be like if the Founding Fathers just let Britain be.

Sometimes, doing your own thing means standing up to a large group and telling them they are wrong. Sometimes it means protesting. Sometimes it means you dump their tea in the harbor.

People have a right, no...a responsibility to fight against that which they think is wrong. If you don't you are as responsible for letting it happen.

According to your logic, if I see a person raping another person, I should just let the rapist be.

No thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's a shame that The Westboro Church is trolling. I would've really liked to have seen these fundamentalist Christian ass-hats get pwned in a proper Anon-style cyber-slaughter.

Ah well, at least Anon isn't getting stupid.

The Rev.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

It is not their free speech that riles most of us. It is their actions. They can talk all the crap they want on their own web page, but when they bring that crap to the funeral of a dead hero, it is a whole new game and it goes beyond free speech.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Seems like it was a trap.

anonnews.org...

A bait by the Westboro baptist lot.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Maybe they're running out of money and need someone to sue.

Too bad. Would have been interesting to watch.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Some of you guys saying you would kill the members of Westboro Baptist, you already deserve to be in jail as far as I'm concerned. Okay you don't like what their saying, whatever, get over it. Free speech in this country. They can say that. You can be ignorant and stand next to them with your own signs and counter them but I - being a mature and grown adult would simply ignore them and be on my way. I'm a Christian and I don't agree with anything their doing. However, I don't wish harm or any kind of pain to come to them. God will deal with them in his own time and way. Me wanting to beat them up and kill them is totally demonic and evil. So your gonna let the members of WBC take you to hell along with them?! That makes no sense. I've seen alot of gay people assaulting them and I all think of is wow. Way to buy yourself a one way ticket to Hell. Because that's what their doing. I have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior. If your going to put your hands on me, be prepared to receive a good one dead in your face. You have NO right to touch me no matter what you think I'm saying is wrong or bigoted. So I'm a fence-sitter on that issue. I don't care about what the gays have to say or their rights. They try to paint themselves as victims and innocents but they aren't. And I don't care about Westboro Baptist either. They are true haters of people and I don't think what their saying is right in God's eyes anyway. So these two groups can go screw each other because their both full of crap.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

It was a "stupid kid" that took down hbgary, a "stupid kid" lost that company millions of dollars and tarnished their name forever by exposing one of their partnered CEOs who was trying to sell info to the feds. If a 16 year old girl armed with nothing but a computer and novice computer skills can do that, who knows what the real heavy hitters of anonymous can do. You are ignorant when it comes to their capabilities, study up more before you make such pompous remarks. As someone who has interviewed with the group in their IRC, I can honestly say that Anonymous will mark 2011 as their year.

Anonymous is a weapon. So far they have destroyed anyone who steps in their path at will., and I don't see them stopping anytime soon.

On topic: I do find it kind of hypocritical that they fight for freedom of speech, yet they are trying to censor a group for speaking their minds. I have always disliked everything that WBC stands for, they are a disgusting group of individuals in my mind, but they should be allowed the same freedoms as anyone else. In the battle for freedom, you can't pick and choose which groups can speak out and what they can speak out about. If you are defending freedom of speech then you have to take into account that you are defending your enemies' right to speak freely as well. It's not a matter of picking and choosing.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Perplexity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Dear Phred Phelps and WBC Phriends,
So we've been hearing a lot about some letter that we supposedly sent you this morning. Problem is,
we're a bit groggy and don't remember sending it. Our best guess is that you heard about us on that
newfangled TV of yours and thought we might be some good money for your little church.
You thought you could play with Anonymous. You observed our rising notoriety and thought you
would exploit our paradigm for your own gain. And then, you thought you could lure some idiots into a
honeypot for more IPs to sue.
This is not so foreign to us; as you may have heard, we trade in Lulz. You just do not have enough to
offer right now.
While Anonymous thanks you for your interest, and would certainly like to take a break and have some
fun with you guys, we have more pressing matters to deal with at the moment.
But, we will keep this application on file, and will certainly contact you if any openings become
available in future.
Next time, don't call us. We'll call you.
Additionally, as your "Press Release" failed to understand: When Anonymous says we support free
speech, we mean it. We count Beatrice Hall among our Anonymous forebears: "I disapprove of what
you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Do some among our number hate you and your cynical exploitation of your human rights for monetary
gain? Of course. But the MoralFags are also the first to admit that they are, in fact, your rights to
exploit.
In closing, let us assure you: We are not BAWWWING sissies, nor are we afraid of your false god;
we're just really busy. Stay tuned, and we'll come back to play another day.
We promise.
anonnews.org...

SMR

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One thing is for damn sure.
These Westboro Baptist Church members have absolutely NO morals.
They hide behind the written amendment called 'Freedom of Speech' and to me that is chicken $hit !

If they were to ever picket one of my family members funeral (Military) I would end up in handcuffs on serious chargers. They want to throw morals out the window for their cause, then so will I.
edit on 2/20/2011 by SMR because: spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I hate to say this but what the WBC is doing should still fall under the protection of free speech.

I have to advise and warn some posters however. Free speech does not grant you the right to say anything you want.
You cannot spread lies and disinformation targeted at another group or single human being to inflict harm or in anyway hinder that person in it's daily live. This is and never was a part of this free speech. Something like that wouldn't be called free speech either, it's called madness.

But as long as the WBC doesn't stalk people and tries to ruin their live Anon has no moral ground to start any attack at the WBC. Because at this point the members of the WBC are not more or less then a bunch of idiots.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HEroX
I hate to say this but what the WBC is doing should still fall under the protection of free speech.

It does. The supreme court says so.

The head of the WBC is a lawyer - - or was before he was disbarred.

They know exactly what their rights are and how far they can go.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Some members of Anonymous are also members of Westboro. That last release saying it's a trap and not to DDOS was written by Westboro because they're scared of their websites going down. You can spot a legit Anonymous release by certain keywords like "hitherto". Anon has been infiltrated and is no longer safe, everyone is joining X now.

link   

Although I like the Idea of puttin' the hurt down on this bunch...the problem I see here is that Anonymous is a sophisticated cyber-powered force for good....and those in the Westboro Church are mainly a bunch of toothless Rednecks. Anonymous is good at shedding light on the evils of certain groups like Scientology...but honestly is there anything WORSE They could say about Westboro Church that isn't already public knowledge?!?! And as far as cyber attacks....Do these guys even HAVE a website?!?! If they do, I seriously doubt that it gets visited by their members frequently, since I seriously doubt most of them have a computer. Unfortunately I just can't think of much that Anonymous can do to these guys....seeing how anonymous operates by the Web.

link   

Originally posted by SMR
One thing is for damn sure.
These Westboro Baptist Church members have absolutely NO morals.

Who defines morals?

According to them everyone else is immoral. You can not dictate morality.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join