It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

What are you on about, when did I ever say I support the westboro baptist church? I can support neither.

Mr L yeah been like that for awhile now but I'm guessing they are used to it they must get a lot of attacks.

Since 07:31 AM probable before as well.

Edit - back up

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

You are demonizing Anon for this latest assault. Where and with whom does your true allegiance lie?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You really need to look at my other posts on this site in relation to anon

also demonizing them is hard when they do such a good job of it them selves in the hunt for lulz.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned these idiots are sub-human, and the fact that they're passing on the breeding of negative emotion into their children has to be child abuse at its best. Pure and utter psychological abuse. I haven't read most of the replies yet, but from what I can tell some people are for it, some think it's going against their right to free speech. Well guess what, alot of so-called "constitutional" rights are being invaded in the US these days, and nobody does a damn thing about the rest of them. As far as I'm concerned, GOOD RIDDANCE. I don't care if Anon does it, or Jesus himself; these people are disgusting excuses for human beings and propagate HATE. What would you do if some random super-traditionalist religious group came to your childs, wife/husbands wedding and chanted they're going to hell?! I'm not for or against Anons actions for the most part; but if they can at-least take down WBC's disgraceful sites, I say have at it!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am going to throw this out for the lions on this thread.

Instead of arguing about freedom of speech and the1st amendment rights giving all religions the freedom to practice
why not look at`the simple perspective of right and wrong?

What the WBC does is construed(in polite society) as being wrong! In both their secular and public discourse they offer only a perspective which, in every circumstance, is full of hate and discontent.

What Anonymous does is no better. In their public discourse they offer only a perspective which, in every circumstance, is full of hate and discontent.

Call it semantics but right is right and wrong is wrong.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Let me try again- if you believe in protecting freedom of speech (regardless of what country you live in), then you have to be prepared to protect ALL speech, even the unpopular, disgusting, or kooky stuff....

Agreed. I'm all for people using LEGAL means to stop these idiots, or make their mission more difficult and uncomfortable for them, but I cannot support someone taking the law into their own hands to illegally silence someone.

Support for Free Speech means just that. It doesn't mean support for the just the speech you agree with.

It all comes down to this: Do people what to live in a Free Society or not?

I'm all for freedom of speech..... "the right to hold opinions without interference"

Interference is key word here, but most people are failing to recognise this fact for some reason! If someone or group want to spew whatever nonsense they want... well they can. However when they go to someone's funeral and spew this nonsense, they are interfering with that families rights. Yes or No?

Also there is a very big difference to the freedom of speech of which you talk and the hate speech which the WBC are well versed in.

"Hate speech is, outside the law, any communication that disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race or sexual orientation.[1][2] In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group. The law may identify a protected individual or a protected group by race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or other characteristic.[3] In some countries, a victim of hate speech may seek redress under civil law, criminal law, or both. In some countries, such as the United States, hate speech laws have been held to be incompatible with free speech.[4]"

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know... there are people on this site that would rather stick to their idealogies, throw logic to the wind and can't distingush between whats morally right or wrong!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What?

Don't worry, I really do respect u in more ways than one, but...

What? They, we, will undoubtedly be more than one. Perhaps it should be called anonymii then???

4th line.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Did you decide to also ignore what I have posted?

I guess you did or you would of seen
www.religiousfreedomwatch.org...
Click the "Back to Anonymous" link for more.

Over and Over and Over again you keep missing the point don't you! Your link is to a site with someone's personal OPINION on it........no facts, no source's no nothing. Its so annoying that you can't see this even though its been pointed out numerous times and in other threads as well. You cannot be that intellectually challenged.... I hope... a TROLL perhaps?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

I think you are confusing things.I'll go out on a limb and say everyone on this thread (me included) thinks that what WBC believes and does is vile,disgusting,barbaric, and wrong.I don't think anyone here is a "Westboro supporter" as another poster stated.
But as long as they don't break the law, unfortunately there's not much to be done about it.Now on the other hand, as I've stated for the third time now, if they DO break the law, throw the book at 'em!
And as I'm getting tired of repeating myself, I'll let you guys carry on sans moi (good debate,though :up

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You have screen grabs you have a source that is from the horses mouth what more do you want? For being on a site that shuns the msm you guys really do want the sources to just come from them.
I even gave you a wired article maybe it's time you started doing some of your own research.
Also the website in your quote isn't someones personal opinion is it?

Another pdf of good reading
view.samurajdata.se...
Published as a public service by FREEDOM magazine

Deny ignorance is the slogan for this site
en.wikipedia.org...

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). The word "ignorant" is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware

Do some reading

Left and right people are for ANON and what they are doing, the only group that has a problem with them is TPTB and no one else.

anonymousdown.wordpress.com...

this is what ad like doing. Oh click the dot if you missed it.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To all those that are trying to associate Anonymous with any race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or other characteristic, .................... when the the whole point of Anonymous is Disassociation! At any given time it can be a person with his/her own point of views, belief's and opinions.......... the people saying things like Anon are racists, paedophiles etc ..... don't have a clue what they are talking about!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

I think you are confusing things.I'll go out on a limb and say everyone on this thread (me included) thinks that what WBC believes and does is vile,disgusting,barbaric, and wrong.I don't think anyone here is a "Westboro supporter" as another poster stated.
But as long as they don't break the law, unfortunately there's not much to be done about it.Now on the other hand, as I've stated for the third time now, if they DO break the law, throw the book at 'em!
And as I'm getting tired of repeating myself, I'll let you guys carry on sans moi (good debate,though :up

The point is that they DO break the law, as you've pointed out, and their crimes are motivated by hate. This makes them HATE CRIMES. They are a HATE GROUP. They are operating illegally and they suffer much less social stigma and legal repercussion than federally recognized hate and terror groups. You support them by supporting their own position to hide behind freedoms that they cite as justification for the dishonor they bring to humanity. YOU have freedom and right to say and believe that, THEY have pushed it beyond the limits of acceptability.

As an American, I have the right to purchase, register, and carry a firearm for my own protection and for protection against tyranny (as was the original intent). I do not and never will have the right to shove the barrel down the throat of someone because I have a fundamental belief that they are wrong, regardless of how much I promise that I don't intend to pull the trigger.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't think this is even an issue of free speech. People keep bringing up the point as if we all have the right to absolute free speech, but that just isn't true. There are a lot of exceptions to your free speech... threats to one's life, incitement to riot, incitement to violence to groups, obscenity, defamation, and of course free speech zone laws which are based on U.S. court decisions stipulating that the government may regulate the time, place, and manner—but not content—of expression... Seeing how the WBC's "protests" should, indeed, be regulated, I'd say Anonymous is just doing what the government has failed to do... protecting the members of its society rather than protecting its own corrupt hold on the people's balls.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
for you people who know obviously nothing about anonymous.
one person did not write that.
there is a collection of 6 people that lead anonymous but as it says, the names are unknown.

And if you think that anonymous should focus on other issues.
well then you tell them that shutting down an iranian nuclear facility wasn't a big issue.
WBC has opened up a can of something they dont want to, they provoked anonymous back saying "bring it" in a open letter.
they invited anonymous to ruin their lives.
and it will happen
very soon.
they wont be a problem much longer.

I am glad that anonymous are targeting them, they cause too many problems in this country, and at least someone has the balls to stand up to them.
they want to express free speech, well let anonymous silence them, they dont want this nonsense plaguing America anymore, what is so wrong with that?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

So you don't support free speech.

Your supporting a group that apparently fight for free speech but they don't allow others free speech.

It's backwards.

You support free speech but only when it's something you agree with basically.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Now this is great.

S+F

Spread the message; religious zealotry promotes idiocy!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm going to admit I didn't read after the first page, but I just wanted to put this out there for people that don't know what Anon can do.. They're not a bunch of "script kiddies" in their mom's basement. Anon is capable of doing considerable damage to whom they wish. Haven't any of you read about how a COMPUTER SECURITY firm went after Anon and was made an example of..?

arstechnica.com...

If you wish to enlighten yourselves

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by NeoAstra

So you don't support free speech.

Your supporting a group that apparently fight for free speech but they don't allow others free speech.

It's backwards.

You support free speech but only when it's something you agree with basically.

You tell me to do a little reading, deny ignorance.... you say...
Freedom of speech is allowed when they don't interfere with another person's rights. The WBC does not adhere to this permise hence they have no right to freedom of speech!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

sounds like some kid just role playing. In my opinion

"We are legion?"...LOL

"Anonymous"...sounds like a teenager learned a new word
that has a very world of warcraft playing, gothic teenager feel to it.
Nothing will happen....I bet my left nut.
edit on 20-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's quite simple:
We're all Anon.

However, I hope whoever wrote that letter takes some kind of action against Westboro. It's time they get what they deserve.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join