It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DubFX - No longer is it a "One Man Band" instead...A One Man Studio w/ multiple artists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hello,

searched this guy and found nothing. Each successive video I've watched I have been more and more impressed. All "instruments" are him (other than Mr. Woodnote's sax). He simply records and loops his voice (obviously has oscialators/tune adjustment) and then he goes off. I would love to see this act on the street. Amazing.

Thoughts?

ColoradoJens

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hey great post I mean DubFX is the man and if you see him live on the streets he will blow you away! Im part of a DJ group here in the ATX and we have been huge fans of his! At the moment we have bought around 15K worth of pedals, loopers, mics and etc to incorporate into our dub scene here in Texas. Its not that easy but we are getting a lot of work done! Ill have to post some pics or vid soon!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks, that was a cool thing to experience. I am not familiar with this type of mixing, so I am not sure if it has been around awhile - though, not a complete stranger to looping - but seems like pushing self expression to the max, with respect to electronics.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JdGlobal

Thanks for the post! I am new to DubFX so again, this to me is really good. The thing that I like the most is the fact that it is just him, and that he rarely if ever messes up. Clearly has some street barker in him - also, lyrics are wack. Good luck on bringing it home down south.

ColoradoJens

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue
Thanks, that was a cool thing to experience. I am not familiar with this type of mixing, so I am not sure if it has been around awhile - though, not a complete stranger to looping - but seems like pushing self expression to the max, with respect to electronics.

Totally agree. I think he is great because he is a musician and a performer and it's nice to see someone give it their all. This vid gives a good example of his footwork...takes a minute to get going...

great facial expressions too...thanks for the post!

ColoradoJens

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
DubFX is amazing - check out Jamie Woon too he uses the same kind of techniques with recording his voice and looping.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
DubFX is amazing - check out Jamie Woon too he uses the same kind of techniques with recording his voice and looping.

Jamie Woon is sweet! I liked it a lot - here is another I like from the crew...I think important music but meh? What do I know?

I truthfully thought there would be more ATS'ers who liked this stuff...awesome how wrong we can be?

CJ

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Nice to see more of his fans on here. I did a thread on him a while ago. His mrs flower fairy's stuff is interesting,

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Yeah, Mrs Flower Fairy stuff is interesting too...this thread actually is old and so I am still suprised more don't just dig these vids for their originality! Thanks for the tunes!

CJ

top topics

join