It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisian President Ben Ali dies in Saudi Arabian hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Tunisian President Ben Ali dies in Saudi Arabian hospital

macedoniaonline.eu

According to reports from France 2 the ousted Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali died in a hospital in Jeddah.

Sources from Saudi Arabia reported that Ben Ali was in critical condition after following severe complications of a stroke.

On January 14, seventy-four-year-old deposed Ben Ali and his family initially headed to exile in France but authorities their refused permission for his plane to land.

He later fled to Saudi Arabia after he was forced to step down on 14 January to end his regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Now before we jump the gun on this one I want to let everyone know that I did a search on both ATS and using the Bing search engine and found no other reports of this. It could be the real thing and we are just now getting this news or unfortunately it could be a hoax. We must wait and see.

In the likely event this is true then I am sure many in Tunisia will be happy about this turn of events.

macedoniaonline.eu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

ALL THESE OUSTED LEADERS ARE ON THE HITLIST....potential snitches....it is possible that he has been killed .yes

i want to know if hosny is alive as well....this silence is weird...the could be off`d and there are a list of suspects.
the ball is definatley with the assasin.... secret services will secure their assets then kill em

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh the irony,
not

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Dead men tell no tales...!

Word.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Isn't that like the third president slipping into a coma or dying in that region?? Well if we can learn anything from this it would be that it is not a good idea to stop being a dictator cold turkey....

Surgeon General's warning: Suppressing a population causes heart disease, Emphysema, and may complicate pregnancy.

Peace
edit on 19-2-2011 by operation mindcrime because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What ATS member said that we would know the end of days approaching according to a number of national leaders dying in a row? He said something like 4 national leaders dying in a row I think... It could have been Dark Knight, or AOI, or somebody.... Dang well we will see tomorrow if more leaders die??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I hate to stifle this revolutionary enthusiasm in which the made-for-TV revolutions of Egypt, Tunisia etc. are legitimate events, however, it's not coincidental that Ben Ali has been reported ill for sometime and even Mubarak has been given mere months to live.

Power vacuums were about to emerge in these countries. The pre-emptive, stage managed revolutions were intersections to control real, spontaneous violence and ensure a transition to regimes which the U.S. found palpable, such as the new Supreme Military Junta of Egypt.

Even today people are still cheering the "spontaneous youth movement" that brought down the Serbian government in 2000, even though it was demonstrated long ago that OTPOR was trained and financed out of the US Embassy in Belgrade.

propagandadecoded.tumblr.com...

Did social media in a country (Egypt) and (Tunisia) really invigorate revolutions? Social media in countries with between 10-15% internet penetration? LOL.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would like to bring to your attention,
these are not the first national leaders
to suffer a sudden stroke and fall into
a coma.

Some of the first were:
Arafat and Ariel Sharon

Sharon going into coma allowed
Ben Netenyahu to re-gain control
of Israel in the next election.

Sharon came to power in February 2001,
just 7 months before the attacks of 9/11.

Maybe Mossad was doing some internal house
cleaning ???

back to the OP,
overthrowing a dictator makes him vulnerable
to external attacks as they have to leave their
comfort and secure zones while on the run.

I suspect Mubarek and Gadaffi will meet the
same fate.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Guys, guys, this looks like a very fishy source, a bit like ATS but without the sources. Check this out on google: "inurl:macedoniaonline.eu", headlines are:

Sharks wary of drunk serbs
Bilderberg Group orders destruction of US Dollar?
Sunday, 07 June 2009 : France poised to disclose presence of Extra Terrestrials on Earth
Tunisian President Ben Ali dies in Saudi Arabia

I'd say the chances for this not being a hoax are quite slim, but thank you for bringing it to our attention nonetheless. Just don't get too excited.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting that his death (if story is valid) coincides with Tunisia's request for Interpol to issue an arrest warrant for Ben-Ali and his socialite wife. Didn't Hosni Mubarak suddenly fall into a coma the other day?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yep, shortly after switzeland froze his stolen billions in their banks...You didnt think theyd let you keep it did you Hosmi?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by Misoir

ALL THESE OUSTED LEADERS ARE ON THE HITLIST....potential snitches....it is possible that he has been killed .yes

i want to know if hosny is alive as well....this silence is weird...the could be off`d and there are a list of suspects.
the ball is definatley with the assasin.... secret services will secure their assets then kill em

I found it quite suspicious too. There is also rumor going on that the king of Saudi Arabia is dying.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
OMG - there was no conspiracy they were killed, the conspiracy is they were overthrown.

These guys were already on their deathbeds, that's what got them toppled - to allow a transition to a new government on the US' timetable versus nature's timetable.

This report on Mubarak's failing health is from 2007:

CAIRO (BBC) -- Rumors about the health of President Hosni Mubarak continue in the Egyptian capital, despite assertions from the authorities that he is fit and well.

www.tehrantimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join