It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: More Than 100 Children Dead in Indian School Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
A fire at an all-girls elementary school in the state of Tamil Nadu, India has left more than 100 children dead. A local police official believes the toll is higher, though. Reports are still coming in, with anywhere from 50-100 confirmed fatalities. Dozens more have been injured, with 32 children suffering severe burns. Many of the most seriously burned are not expected to survive.
The fire is believed to have started in a woodstove in the school's kitchen where lunch was being prepared.
The school teaches girls between the ages of 6 and 13.

Sky.com
More than 900 students were in the school when the fire broke out.

"Parents are wailing as they try to identify their children's bodies, some of which are completely roasted," said Mr. G. Srinivasan, a journalist with The Hindu newspaper

The blaze has apparently been extinguished.

Related News Links:
Reuters

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
oh how horrible.....what an awfull way to go, to burn to death........the poor little ones just attempting to learn something.....I just HOPE the smoke got them first.......this is such sad SAD news. I will pray for the familys............

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This is really sad.
I hope this kind of accident does not happen again.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
How the hell did that happen ??????

If theres anything that makes me feel like crap its finding out that children have been killed.

You can understand if people are asleep at night and a fire breaks out and takes hold. People die. But this is just unbelievable !!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
This is really sad.
I hope this kind of accident does not happen again.

I have had the misfortune of taking care of burned children. If the burns are serious enought, most will die. I still have nightmares about the ones i have cared for. Always took those fire drill seriously.....

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
what will irk me the most is if they come out later saying that the policy was to lock the girls in the schools...
ever hear of them locking the boys in the schools and it burning down on them.....

new topics

top topics

join