It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Companies Blamed For More Than 30 Earthquakes In Two Cities In Four Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Gas Companies Blamed For More Than 30 Earthquakes In Two Cities In Four Days

www.dailymail.co.uk

A rash of earthquakes affecting two small American cities in the past week have baffled geologists - though locals are blaming gas companies.

The north-central Arkansas cities of Greenbrier and Guy have been affected by more than 30 earthquakes since Sunday ranging in magnitude from 1.8 to 3.8.

Geologists are still trying to discover the exact cause of the recent seismic activity but have identified two possibilities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mnn.com
earthquake.usgs.gov
www.huffingtonpost.com
modernsurvivalblog.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Firefighters Responding To Blast, Blaze In Allentown, Pa.; Residents Evacuated

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

This seismic chart illustrates earthquake activity (in green) at Woolly Hollow State Park, Greenbrier from noon to midnight on February 16

Fracking, injection wells causing the swarms of earthquakes in Arkansas?

Or a naturally occuring swarm?

While the area is on the Madrid Fault Zone...

Guy Police Chief Dave Martini said they continue to blame the gas companies for the quakes: 'We have a disposal well here just outside of the city.

People are suspecting that to be causing it, even though there isn't any proof of that.'

Martini said the earthquakes started increasing in frequency over the past week and that the disposal well has seen an increase in use recently.

Drillers free up the gas by using hydraulic fracturing or 'fracking' — injecting pressurized water to create fractures deep in the ground.
Mr Ausbrooks said geologists don't believe the production wells are the problem, but rather the injection wells that are used to dispose of 'frack' water when it can no longer be re-used. The wastewater is pressurized and injected into the ground.

He said: 'We see no correlation between natural gas production wells and earthquakes, but we haven't ruled out injection wells.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Great job. Had to be an outside news source didnt it?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here's everyone smoking gun right here.

The MainStream Media lies to you daily, everyone on ATS know that. If they're blaming these Earthquakes on gas drilling... I would be very, very worried.

Do you think 20 SEPERATE psychics predicted a Huge earthquake and flooding on the United States and produced the SAME maps? Or do you think the Government was trying to give you some sort of bone? go fetch

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Yes, I did notice that this was from the UK, about happenings here in the States.
Strange. I dont trust any of it...though it is possilbe, as I added news from other states
where this has occured in the past.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

I agree, I dont trust any of this.

Its more than suspicious considering all of the strange animal die offs that occured in
Arkansas.

Oh, yes and the the NLE is planned on the Madrid Fault Zone.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
good find

i live near a tip and all you can smell is methane gas all the time
this and natural gas reserves being opened up can't be doing the planet no good hence why we have a big hole in the ozone layer

edit on 19-2-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I'm pretty sure (100%)..

That tap water is not supposed to burn..

I have seen other videos about fracking..

I believe it is the cause of these earthquakes..

and the damage to the water tables is just incredibly bad for all..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The earthquakes are intriguing and thank you for the links. Can I just advise people to take what the Daily Mail says with a pinch of salt, not just this article but any of their articles. Here in the UK they are a well known tabloid that uses fear mongering and controversy to bulk out their pages with little fact or substance. The sort of paper that will quietly cause people to hate all Muslims etc because controversy sells papers.
I know some of you will disagree and that is fair enough, don't hate me for giving a heads up.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I thnk your right on that one

Its entirely possible for this to be responsible for some of the quakes,
and at the same time, a natural increase in swarms due to the nature of the fault.

Its double bad if you ask me, and it could be a heavy factor as to why the NLE is planned on
The Madrid Fault Zone.

They know a lot of things they are not letting out to the public. IMO.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

Its interesting that they picked this up, for sure.

I was a bit skeptical myself, thats why I went scouting for other info from additional news sources
before I posted it.

Agreed on the publication.

One thing I do find that lends some credibility to the story...

The recent Arkansas earthquakes, reportedly at least 700 of them, have been highly concentrated in an area between Greenbrier and Guy Arkansas, and do not appear to be part of the New Madrid Zone activity, based on simple observations of past earthquake activity and their locations. But, like I said, that’s based simply on observations of past quake activity.
modernsurvivalblog.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
yea, we get these so-called earthquakes in the UK...though we have no fault lines

only one answer:

UNDERGROUND EXPLOSIONS.... be it testing weapons, lab accidents...or as it is here...industrial accidents

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just so all your normal people reading this know: Above Top Secret is full of Government agents.

It is their JOB to calm you down and explain this on gas drilling.

Please use your logical sense !! The clues are right in front of you eyes.

You don't need someone else to influence the way your body feels

If you are in the New Madrid Quake area. leave. I should leave Florida.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
is this the same type off drilling thats started in cumbria, as we had a few tremors hear. is there a link ?
edit on 19-2-2011 by leejones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Some locals (green activists?) said they BELIEVE earthquakes in the areas are being caused by natual gas drilling. Geologists say they don't know what is causing earthquakes in the area.

I BELIEVE the earth quakes and Volcanos we are seeing popping off all over the earth (where drilling is occuring or not) has to do that that new heavenly body in our solar system they announced to the public last week, along with their announcement that humans may soon seeing "two suns" in the sky, maybe caused by "an exploding super nova."

There is a huge fascist push for power and wealth centered in their hands right now. A New World Order of elitists gaining global centralized control over the central means of production (nothing can be produced nor distributed without oil right now) puls being able to reduce the population through denial of heat, food (distribution) and transportation, looks like a more likely suspect to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Mass animal deaths, very strange weather, earthquakes around the pacific ring of fire and in an area that maybe has 2 mild tremors a year, bulging volcanoes, mass floods, species that pollinate starting to decline etc etc etc
I believe its right in front of us, lets hope we can survive the mega storm coming shortly!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
We have a ton of frack drilling in my area and state, no one likes it unless they're making money off of it. It's contaminating water wells and other issues, we're not having earthquakes but some do have flammable water.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

I cant speak for every post here on ATS, however I will speak for myself.

Agent?
Not this poster.

See my other threads....

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

New Madrid Quake Zone; Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky
edit on 19-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
Here's everyone smoking gun right here.

The MainStream Media lies to you daily, everyone on ATS know that. If they're blaming these Earthquakes on gas drilling... I would be very, very worried.

Do you think 20 SEPERATE psychics predicted a Huge earthquake and flooding on the United States and produced the SAME maps? Or do you think the Government was trying to give you some sort of bone? go fetch

You are one paranoid person to just rule out every MsM news story as a lie

top topics

join